Mannion Currently #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
All that stuff means nothing, at this point, except to chicken little types, and those wanting to declare Goff a mistake.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Second what @Roman Snow said ^^^^^

ITs so dam early in the process. If Goff starts the season as #3 so be it. Lets gets some wins and if Goff needs to wait later into the season so be it. At least he won't be thrown to the wolves!
If it means roll w/ Case and then give Mannion a few games "mid season" then end the season w/ Goff I can live w/ that.
Gurley only needs okay QB play & that can make a couple of 3rd downs per game to keep D off balance

Cause when was the last time we could convert a few 3rd downs per game??? Thats the Rub while Goff gets ready imho

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't know why that link doesn't work. Writer is Jeff Smith USA Today

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
After reading @VeteranRamFan brief practice report, I find this hard to believe. The game may have just changed gentlemen.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't buy into it, I just posted it because its Rams related.

TexasRam

Legend
Warner started #4 on Green Bay's depth chart and couldn't make the Roster so had to find work with the Iowa Barnstormers.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Don't buy into it, I just posted it because its Rams related.
Just realized it was a ramswire piece. I'm glad I didn't bother reading it as every "writer" I have seen post on there is about as intelligent and insightful as a bag of wet socks. Not a shot at you @bubbaramfan ...I just can't believe what passes as journalism these days.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not buying it, Goff is getting reps with the 2's, not Mannion. Mannion has more of a grasp of the playback and the NFL because (duh) he's not a rookie. However if Keenum were to go down, I think you see Goff hit the field, not Mannion. He just has more skill.

Plus the writer talks about the KC game how his first pass was an incompletion as an attempt to make Goff sound bad, it was a fucking drop and a bad one at that, Goff put the ball right where it should have been.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm not convinced that Mannion isn't the #1 QB right now and Goff is #2. Keenum is only listed #1 because Fisher declared it preseason.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
lmao. omg... some people are truly out of touch.
Some people aren't convinced. Not accepting that is also being out-of touch. Worst 3rd down percentage in history last year and you think the 3rd qb off the board last year hasn't improved? Case can sling it, but I too am not nearly convinced he is better than Mannion.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
large.gif

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope Fisher and Snead didn't trade away the farm for a 3rd stringer . I think Goff will be good , but when he will become the starter is anybodys guess.

RamWoodie

Legend
I made a point to say that Saturday. Right now Goff is struggling with the mental and the speed of the game. It's no knock on him though...you can tell when he does get there the ball is gonna be there and the guys just need to catch it.

I'm impressed with Mannion from the Dallas game...as I saw it, he was the only QB that seem to have command in the huddle.

When it's all said and done Keenum may be the odd man out.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I made a point to say that Saturday. Right now Goff is struggling with the mental and the speed of the game. It's no knock on him though...you can tell when he does get there the ball is gonna be there and the guys just need to catch it.

I'm impressed with Mannion from the Dallas game...as I saw it, he was the only QB that seem to have command in the huddle.

When it's all said and done Keenum may be the odd man out.

Not a chance, Mannion can go to PS if they want to keep 2 QB's, which I actually think is probable.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must be why Mannion played all those snaps against KC. Wait...

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
After reading @VeteranRamFan brief practice report, I find this hard to believe. The game may have just changed gentlemen.

One brief practice report has changed the game? Not trying to be critical of Goff but just stating facts; I've been to 5 of the practices in Irvine, and to both games at the Colleseum. If the Rams were to play the Seahawks tomorrow, I want Case Keenum starting at QB. Jared Goff is no where near ready to run this offense against a tough opponent. Keenum consistently makes good decisions and protects the ball (rare turnovers).