Manning breaks it to Simms: 'I don't watch your show'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823bebe3/article/manning-breaks-it-to-simms-i-dont-watch-your-show?campaign=Twitter_NEWS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... itter_NEWS</a>

We're not entirely sure what Peyton Manning's been doing with all the free time, but one new hobby's emerged for the Colts' injured star passer: developing his inner trash-talker.

Manning emerged from the wilderness to meet with reporters Wednesday, and his omnibus riff included shots fired back at Phil Simms.

Simms claimed on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" last week that if Indy owns the No. 1 pick in April's draft, "there is no way" Manning would let them pick Stanford's Andrew Luck.

Manning put that theory to bed.

"I don't talk to Phil," he said, via The Indianapolis Star. "Phil doesn't talk to me. He did text me after that, saying 'Hey, sorry to drag your name into this.'

"I wrote back, 'Phil, I don't know what you're talking about.' He said, 'Well on my show, "Inside the NFL," I made this statement.'

Manning, enjoying himself, went on: "I said, 'Phil, I hate to break it to you, but I don't watch your show, along with a lot of other people that I don't think watch that show.' (He was) giving himself a little more credit than probably was merited."

Simms' brief-but-fiery text-message encounter with Indy's heart and soul ended there.

We like this new Peyton Manning.

hd.

UDFA
Is there like an athlete cell phone database?

Seems like every athlete has each other's #

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Thats good. This whole thing is just funny to me. I understand what Simms was trying to say, but he didnt have to say it that way. How is Manning supposed to stop the Colts from drafting Luck? All I can picture is the Colts on the clock at the draft, the camera is on Luck, and right as his phone rings Manning shows up to throw it across the room. Another scenario could be Manning making a suprise appearance in the Colts war room to stop them from taking Luck.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
Thats good. This whole thing is just funny to me. I understand what Simms was trying to say, but he didnt have to say it that way. How is Manning supposed to stop the Colts from drafting Luck? All I can picture is the Colts on the clock at the draft, the camera is on Luck, and right as his phone rings Manning shows up to throw it across the room. Another scenario could be Manning making a suprise appearance in the Colts war room to stop them from taking Luck.
Hilarious.

Rich Eisen: "Commissioner Goodell makes his way to the podium.... "

Roger Goodell: "With the first pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select..."

Rich Eisen: "Wait a second! What's this??? Peyton Manning has stepped up onto the stage and has taken the card from away from the Commissioner and is now ripping it to shreds!"

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
LOL. This is good. Ok how bout this, regular season just ended, and weve learned that Colts will have the no. 1 pick:

BREAKING NEWS from Adam Schefter:

I have just confirmed that 15 minutes after the Colts loss Andrew Luck decided to return to Stanford for his senior season. Andrew said that he received a call from a restricted number, and he believes the person calling him sounded like Peyton Manning. "It was a little disturbing. I dont usually answer calls from restricted numbers, and Ive already heard Manning talk plenty of times. I don't know what he was trying to accomplish with that. He basically told me I would experience the worst rookie training camp possible, and I just dont wanna get into more details on that. Im just gonna focus on my Senior year now, deal with Suck for Luck Part II, and I can confidently say that I will not be going to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, I will not be going to that city anytime soon."

After this happened Andrew contacted the other top QB prospects in the 2012 draft like Matt Barkley to make them strongly reconsider going back to school.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
JdashSTL said:
Hilarious.

Rich Eisen: "Commissioner Goodell makes his way to the podium.... "

Roger Goodell: "With the first pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select..."

Rich Eisen: "Wait a second! What's this??? Peyton Manning has stepped up onto the stage and has taken the card from away from the Commissioner and is now ripping it to shreds!"

Peyton: "Wait a minute...this card says Matt Kalil. Ok. Were getting Kalil. Oh boy. I just wanna say im sorry to everyone. Lets go ahead and put the Dolphins on the clock...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I saw that. Simms gotta be butt hurt on that one. The only thing to make it better would be if the Colts selected Luck and Peyton went up to the podium to announce it.