Man... Charles Woodson is still a savy vet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
And I would not be opposed at all to see the Rams show some interest aka "kick the tires". However maybe Snead and Fish and DStaff are intent w/ the current guys inc draft class w/ UDRFA's too in the mix.

Free agent Charles Woodson is now willing to join a team in rebuilding mode.
"When this process first started out, I needed to go to a contender," Woodson said. "I know I am toward the end of my career. At this point, I want to play football. So if it is a rebuilding stage, at this point if that is the circumstances I have to play under, then that is what I am going to do." Woodson is confused by the lack of interest in himself and other 30-plus-year-old free agents. Some teams that could still use safety help are the Panthers, Browns, Cowboys, Broncos, Chiefs, Vikings, Jets, Chargers, and Rams.
SOURCE: PROFOOTBALLTALK ON NBC SPORTS

…..

Legend
ok I am in. ... as if my vote counted.

wouldnt hurt to have a vet in there with the Safeties. thats an awful lot of responibility for Courtland to spread around the whole defensive backfield.

would certainly turn the Seattle/SF arms race into the NFC West arms race.

RamsNation

Rookie
Exactly if the price is right it can't hurt a thing,his knowledge and leadership alone are worth it.He can groom the young bucks into something fierce

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've been banging the Charles Woodson FA drum for weeks.
Its a nice fit IMO. A young team,on the verge of becoming something special....

CW would bring an invaluable veteran presence to this secondary(and defense overall) ...not to mention that he can cover, can play safety...which just so happens to be an area of question etc...
I realize he's older than dirt and injury prone but it makes sense. He wouldn't be brought in to start.

I would be all for bringing CW into Rams Park for 1 season.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Six weeks ago this thread could have been about Ed Reid, Houston signed him and he is now having hip surgery :cry:
We could re-sign Mikell for the same money,I pass.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thordaddy said:
Six weeks ago this thread could have been about Ed Reid, Houston signed him and he is now having hip surgery :cry:
Could we? Idk...
Even if we could i'd rather have Woodson on the roster and have a future HOF mentoring our baby-faced squad of DB's. Mikell can still play sure,but this team is about starting the young cats....and i don't think Mikell fits into the plans of now or the future.

Woodson's value in the locker room and in TC would be tremendous IMO.
J.Jenkins,Tru Johnson,TJ Mac,D.Stewart,M.Daniels etc...these guys will be on the field. Maybe Finny is "that guy" who mentors these young cats,but i sort of dont think thats the case. Finny is in a class by himself and likely won't be here for too much longer anyway. I just dont see Finny as a guy who who actually take's young guys under his wing and tutor and teach....Lol i could be wrong, but thats just my impression of Finnegan.

Woodson is at the stage of his career where he's obviously not going to make a huge impression leading by example on the field anymore,he simply will command respect in the locker room based upon reputation and maturity,and i for one would like another veteran presence in the Rams locker room now that SJ has left the building.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
mojorizen7 said:
Thordaddy said:
Could we? Idk...
Even if we could i'd rather have Woodson on the roster and have a future HOF mentoring our baby-faced squad of DB's. Mikell can still play sure,but this team is about starting the young cats....and i don't think Mikell fits into the plans of now or the future.

Woodson's value in the locker room and in TC would be tremendous IMO.
J.Jenkins,Tru Johnson,TJ Mac,D.Stewart,M.Daniels etc...these guys will be on the field. Maybe Finny is "that guy" who mentors these young cats,but i sort of dont think thats the case. Finny is in a class by himself and likely won't be here for too much longer anyway. I just dont see Finny as a guy who who actually take's young guys under his wing and tutor and teach....Lol i could be wrong, but thats just my impression of Finnegan.

Woodson is at the stage of his career where he's obviously not going to make a huge impression leading by example on the field anymore,he simply will command respect in the locker room based upon reputation and maturity,and i for one would like another veteran presence in the Rams locker room now that SJ has left the building.
I'd rather Finnegan be OUR Woodson,IOW clear cut leader in our secondary,I'd rather we develop out own glory instead of retreading someone else's.
I kinda THINK in view of WHERE we got Finny from ,Fishster prolly sees it that way too.

IF Mikell hasn't signed somewhere else yet,I think he's a good chance to return here,why not it's a place to play and he probably has digs here.