Making the cut; Brian Randolph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/09/making-the-cut-safety-brian-randolph/

The Rams UDFA safety out of Tennessee finished his four-year college career in grand style. Brian Randolph wrapped things up with 310 tackles, 13 pass breakups, eight interceptions and four forced fumbles. He was a four-year starter, and had high expectations of getting drafted in 2016.

However, Randolph went undrafted, just like his former teammate at Tennessee, defensive back Justin Coleman. For Coleman, he had to earn the respect of coaches, and was able to land a role in the New England Patriots secondary last season. Hard work does pay off, and Randolph spoke about the situation with Coleman during his Pro Day, per GoVols247 writer Wes Rucker.

“I hope the teams see they made a mistake with Justin Coleman,” Randolph said. “Hopefully he opened their eyes for me, too. I don’t think teams want to let another athlete from here fall through the cracks like he did.”

Well, the Rams are giving Randolph a chance to prove all the doubters wrong. It’s no big secret that the Rams are pretty strong when it comes to developing UDFAs, as former safety Rodney McLeod signed a huge deal with the Philadelphia Eagles this offseason. But for Randolph, he will have to battle it out with quite a few other players for a spot in the secondary on the 53-man roster.

Maurice Alexander and Cody Davis could be the front-runners to secure the open safety spot, but the Rams also have other UDFAs and practice squad members vying for the opportunity. For Randolph, he may wind up in the backup role, as he has a pretty good chance to be able to beat out out UDFAs Rohan Gaines and Jordan Lomax, as well as practice squad player Christian Bryant.

Chances of Making Final Roster: 6.5/10
Whoever fills the safety position will have truly earned it. However, Randolph could be the darkhorse in training camp. He has the experience and athleticism to make a jump over current players on the team, which makes him a pretty intriguing name to watch.

Randolph is playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder after not being drafted, so expect him to leave an impression in training camp and land on either the final 53, or practice squad roster at the very least.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My 5 safeties...
TJ McDonald
Mo Alexander
Christian Bryant
Brian Randolph...No way we let this kid go...Again, another guy that can play ST's well...and play a position well....

Oops, thats 4....Maybe Davis...Cody "I got ran over and concussed by Knile Davis" Davis...And the reason I'm sure he'll make it is because either Boni or den-the-coach says Cody just signed a sweet 2 year deal...otherwise Rohan Gaines looks like a serious player....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My 5 safeties...
TJ McDonald
Mo Alexander
Christian Bryant
Brian Randolph...No way we let this kid go...Again, another guy that can play ST's well...and play a position well....

Oops, thats 4....Maybe Davis...Cody "I got ran over and concussed by Knile Davis" Davis...And the reason I'm sure he'll make it is because either Boni or den-the-coach says Cody just signed a sweet 2 year deal...otherwise Rohan Gaines looks like a serious player....
I think you'll end up being right on the safeties and the corners look like Tru, Gaines, Sensabough, Joyner and Roberson. With Lomax and Jordan on the PS.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/09/making-the-cut-safety-brian-randolph/

The Rams UDFA safety out of Tennessee finished his four-year college career in grand style. Brian Randolph wrapped things up with 310 tackles, 13 pass breakups, eight interceptions and four forced fumbles. He was a four-year starter, and had high expectations of getting drafted in 2016.

However, Randolph went undrafted, just like his former teammate at Tennessee, defensive back Justin Coleman. For Coleman, he had to earn the respect of coaches, and was able to land a role in the New England Patriots secondary last season. Hard work does pay off, and Randolph spoke about the situation with Coleman during his Pro Day, per GoVols247 writer Wes Rucker.

“I hope the teams see they made a mistake with Justin Coleman,” Randolph said. “Hopefully he opened their eyes for me, too. I don’t think teams want to let another athlete from here fall through the cracks like he did.”

Well, the Rams are giving Randolph a chance to prove all the doubters wrong. It’s no big secret that the Rams are pretty strong when it comes to developing UDFAs, as former safety Rodney McLeod signed a huge deal with the Philadelphia Eagles this offseason. But for Randolph, he will have to battle it out with quite a few other players for a spot in the secondary on the 53-man roster.

Maurice Alexander and Cody Davis could be the front-runners to secure the open safety spot, but the Rams also have other UDFAs and practice squad members vying for the opportunity. For Randolph, he may wind up in the backup role, as he has a pretty good chance to be able to beat out out UDFAs Rohan Gaines and Jordan Lomax, as well as practice squad player Christian Bryant.

Chances of Making Final Roster: 6.5/10
Whoever fills the safety position will have truly earned it. However, Randolph could be the darkhorse in training camp. He has the experience and athleticism to make a jump over current players on the team, which makes him a pretty intriguing name to watch.

Randolph is playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder after not being drafted, so expect him to leave an impression in training camp and land on either the final 53, or practice squad roster at the very least.
This is going to make for another Great Camp Battle!!(y):D:yess: