Major ? On Offensive Line in 49er game!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does anyone know, or has any-one heard, Why the Fuck did they take Saffold out of the game and Stick Joseph in at RG!! ( On his 1st play in joseph gave up a Sack!!):mad: And the game was never the same!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've been wondering the same thing. They could not get it blocked many times after the first quarter Davis was running for his life and taking some big shots. The niners defense was playing subs all over the place and the Rams could not take advantage of them. Coach Boudreau needs to show us something here.

I was happy to see Grob starting and he seemed to be less of a problem than some of the others. Long was TERRIBLE Joseph shouldn't even be on the roster.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I hope GRob is ready to play LT by next season so we can move on from Long. He's a shell of his former self at this point.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
That was possibly the worst performance by an O-line I've ever witnessed. Davis had zero pocket all night. It was all he could do to immediately roll out one way or another and throw on the run. I was in sheer disbelief. On the other side of the line it wasn't much better. We had a couple of pressures but that was about it. Kraperdick stayed upright and clean enjoying a beautiful pocket. Hard to explain because it's the absolute opposite of what we expected this year. Our lines on both sides are SUPPOSED to be the strength of our team. :dazed and confused:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hope GRob is ready to play LT by next season so we can move on from Long. He's a shell of his former self at this point.

Glad he's finally getting some reps in and getting used to the speed of the game.

I thought Saffold just came out to get a shoe fixed and went back in, but I stopped watching in the 3rd quarter when it was obvious that the momentum had shifted (just as I thought it would with the phantom PI call against Cook).

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That was possibly the worst performances by an O-line I've ever witnessed. Davis had zero pocket all night. It was all he could do to immediately roll out one way or another and throw on the run. I was in sheer disbelief. On the other side of the line it wasn't much better. We had a couple of pressures but that was about it. Kraperdick stayed upright and clean enjoying a beautiful pocket. Hard to explain because it's the absolute opposite of what we expected this year. Our lines on both sides are SUPPOSED to be the strength of our team. :dazed and confused:

On the other side, it's obvious what's wrong. The NFL has decided that holding is legal this year (at least holding the Rams DL).

Sorry, I'm not going to blame those guys, especially when they stuffed Gore all night long and held him to a pretty mediocre performance. But they can't overcome constant, uncalled holding on the pass rush, it's that simple.

V3

Hall of Fame
I had assumed Saffold was injured again. Is he okay?

CodeMonkey

On the other side, it's obvious what's wrong. The NFL has decided that holding is legal this year (at least holding the Rams DL).

Sorry, I'm not going to blame those guys, especially when they stuffed Gore all night long and held him to a pretty mediocre performance. But they can't overcome constant, uncalled holding on the pass rush, it's that simple.
I won't argue that the officiating has been unfair however there was no push from the middle either. We don't own the line of scrimmage like we should be regardless.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I won't argue that the officiating has been unfair however there was no push from the middle either. We don't own the line of scrimmage like we should be regardless.

Yes, but they get held in the middle too. Donald got horse collared on one play, no call. It's not that the middle of the line was a sieve or anything, if it was Gore would have been able to run all night. He ended up with 2.something per carry. They held the point of attack on running plays very well.

CodeMonkey

You know, I'm the king of conspiracy theories but this just sounds too much like sour grapes to me. Our lines (particularly offensive) got pushed around all night at will.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The Rams o-line should just start holding on every play, as that is the only way they will be able to keep the pocket from collapsing. And if they get flagged, just tell the refs "but the other team gets to do it".

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
You know, I'm the king of conspiracy theories but this just sounds too much like sour grapes to me. Our lines (particularly offensive) got pushed around all night at will.
I agree with the sour grapes comment. The refs did not lose this one, Rams stupidity did. I disagree that the lines got pushed around. Our d-line controlled the LOS. The o-line run blocking was ok, but looked like they had never seen a stunt in their life. That's not getting pushed around, that's just being stupid.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Donald got horse collared on one play, no call.

He got chop blocked too - no call. I was holding my breath until he got up - The same type of dirty play that cost Brockers half a season.

There were plenty of bad calls, but at the end of the day we have to admit it's on us - we're closer, but we ain't there yet... :(

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He got chop blocked too - no call. I was holding my breath until he got up - The same type of dirty play that cost Brockers half a season.

There were plenty of bad calls, but at the end of the day we have to admit it's on us - we're closer, but we ain't there yet... :(

Some of it's on us for sure, we have to fix what we can. But still, the Rams, OL excepted, played pretty good in the first half on both sides of the ball prior to the phantom PI call. Davis made some great throws despite pressure and having to run for his life. That phantom PI and then the TD in which Staley held Quinn and wasn't called sucked the life out of them. I told myself when the phantom PI happened that this would be the momentum changer, and sure enough it was.

So yes, we have to control what we can control. But at the end of the day, I'm not sure that's going to be enough to get us over the hump, because almost every week we get shafted by the refs, and that's out of our control completely.