Major Computer Problems

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just spent the last "12 hours" on line "Fixing my computer!! I kept running out of Disc space, and I was using up more trying to clean things up than I was gaining!!
Finally I went on line with my security service provider (Avast) And wham bam 12 hrs and $120 later, I'm flying and have 62 GB's of space to play with, for weeks I haven't been able to keep 2 GB's!! Just had to VENT! I hadn't had the computer serviced in two years!

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I hate computer problems, My McAfee virus protection has been having communication issues with Google Chrome and Java. The latest McAfee update fixed it but I went through a late night or two trying different fixes. Sometimes if you do nothing the computer seems to fix it's self. ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I hate computer problems, My McAfee virus protection has been having communication issues with Google Chrome and Java. The latest McAfee update fixed it but I went through a late night or two trying different fixes. Sometimes if you do nothing the computer seems to fix it's self. ;)
LOL! I have a co-worker that always says that. "It messed itself up, it'll fix itself." is his favorite saying.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
LOL! I have a co-worker that always says that. "It messed itself up, it'll fix itself." is his favorite saying.

If you have a good system that is backed up and fully protected most problems come from compatibility issues. They eventually seem to get fixed as long as you keep your system up to date.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My computer is on its last leg. I keep putting the purchase of a new one off but it will bite me soon. I always hate canning something that halfway still works. It won't be long though.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
What happened? I hate virus protection software, always feels like its messing things up more than helping it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Not sure if it would have helped but have you ever used ccleaner? Great free tool that clears out all caches and usually frees up a significant amount of space, especially if you have never run it.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You've got to stop looking at that Frankie Vaughan son.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just needed a good cleaning out, to free up space, cleaned out 61 GB 's of old files! and grime!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Part of my problem was caused by a "Conflict" between a Windows Security program and Avast Security which I use!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not sure if it would have helped but have you ever used ccleaner? Great free tool that clears out all caches and usually frees up a significant amount of space, especially if you have never run it.
Sounds like something I may want to try. I don't like to sound "Dumb" but where do I Find "ccleaner"!?!