Madden has a big thing about the Rams I guess

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK so I caved in and bought it. Just some thoughts...

The way I play is to take a bunch of different teams and do a fantasy draft i.e., starting from scratch and doing something different for each team (strong defense, strong QB/WR, etc). Of course the 1st team I pick is the Rams.

- It's gonna be hard to pass on Aaron Donald for each team. Rated 99, he's almost always available unless I'm picking at the end of the fantasy draft.

- What's funny is the cover boy is almost always the last 99 rated player to get taken. That's hilarious.

- The top RBs don't get taken until the 8thish round.

- The soundtrack is awful. Just, awful, awful "music." Looks like I'm sticking with listening to podcasts while I draft.

- Commentary is much better. I just muted everything in Madden 13. No more Jim "cliche" Nantz and Phil "oh no, wait" Simms. Now at least I can keep the volume up while I play the games.

- There's a whole load of stuff do do in franchise mode. I'm overwhelmed a bit right now.

- I had to change the camera angles around b/c they were making me nauseous.

- I'd be pretty disappointed if I bought a new copy every year, and that is why I get one every 4 years instead.

That's what I do, I'll get this version probably, and then again in 2019 with the new stadium.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's what I do, I'll get this version probably, and then again in 2019 with the new stadium.

Let me know if you have trouble playing. Like I get immedietly down 24-0 when playing anybody. It's not like I'm making bad decisions. Fumbles, INTs, can't tackle on defense...nothing seems to be working.

HellRam

Starter
Let me know if you have trouble playing. Like I get immedietly down 24-0 when playing anybody. It's not like I'm making bad decisions. Fumbles, INTs, can't tackle on defense...nothing seems to be working.

Madden can be tricky. You have to play by its rules. If you're using the Rams, that won't help your cause either.

I play only online, playing the computer never did much for me. I usually rank fairly high on PS4 Madden rankings. The game keeps track of your record. The team's you use make a difference but the key is really figuring out what the game likes and you build off that. For example some years of Madden you can run really well with the QB, I would have like a 100 yards rushing in a game with Bradford it was disgusting.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Madden can be tricky. You have to play by its rules. If you're using the Rams, that won't help your cause either.

I play only online, playing the computer never did much for me. I usually rank fairly high on PS4 Madden rankings. The game keeps track of your record. The team's you use make a difference but the key is really figuring out what the game likes and you build off that. For example some years of Madden you can run really well with the QB, I would have like a 100 yards rushing in a game with Bradford it was disgusting.

I hate playing online. BTW aren't you supposed to use your team's strengths to take advantage of the opponent?

I FINALLY won my first game using that strategy. Tavon sweeps and screens, Kenny in the middle, chugging it with Todd (really hard to run the ball right now), and strong defense (which is pretty fun as the Rams). Huh, guess it's pretty realistic.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Short passes are really good. Drags slants, hooks, rb out of backfield etc. running is really bad and IMO not worth it out of 2 back sets. Best way to run the ball is spread them out and pass a lot and mix in runs when the box is open.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm on the struggle bus with madden as well. I only play franchise mode and for the first season I play all the games and take any loses I get. Doesn't help in week 2 of my season I lost Austin for 5 weeks and Gurley for 7. Week 3 I lost Britt for 4 weeks. I'm 2-2 so far.

HellRam

Starter
I hate playing online. BTW aren't you supposed to use your team's strengths to take advantage of the opponent?

I FINALLY won my first game using that strategy. Tavon sweeps and screens, Kenny in the middle, chugging it with Todd (really hard to run the ball right now), and strong defense (which is pretty fun as the Rams). Huh, guess it's pretty realistic.

Yeah that as well. All I can say is playing online is a different style of game then playing the computer. I'd imagine a knowledgeable football fan would make quicker adjustments then a computer would. So I like that aspect of it.

Dope to hear you're getting the game down tho..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Half the team is injured it seems, EA said they're working on it, hopefully sooner rather than later. I had to sign a FA LT and a FA LOLB, plus basically every skill position other than QB.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Took it to the house on the opening sequence with Gurley on the first play. Followed it up with Gurley putting it in on the two point conversion. :D

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
havent bought a madden game in forever i might give this one a shot though

Angry Ram

Cant stop the damn shitchickens. I play DL, so its not like I'm purposely blowing covers or anything.

Pisses me off. Rage quit a few times yesterday.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Cant stop the damn shitchickens. I play DL, so its not like I'm purposely blowing covers or anything.

Pisses me off. Rage quit a few times yesterday.

I played the Seahawks and they got 4 interceptions because the receiver couldn't hang onto the ball, and it popped up for another DB to get it. I beat them, but it was annoying.