madden and your nfl ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Ok my copy is due to arrive sometime this week. How was the setup for you. did it link you to several sales people for direct tv?
how well did it work? are you able to use the app from iTunes app store? and can you airplay from the app to apple tv?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Sgt. Ram said:
Ok my copy is due to arrive sometime this week. How was the setup for you. did it link you to several sales people for direct tv?
how well did it work? are you able to use the app from iTunes app store? and can you airplay from the app to apple tv?

I am one of the un-lucky ones. There is a problem some people are encountering where the pre-made account they give you is glitched out. When I log on it says "congrats you have the Nfl sunday ticket" then right on top of it "please contact direct tv customer service to upgrade your equipment" and it will not let you watch the sunday ticket.

after an hour and a half on the phone with direct Tv and dealing with over 10 different people (being transferred over and over) I finally gave up and I'm now dealing with amazon to see if they can get this resolved or credit me for the difference.

Here's what happened with dealing with direct tv. 1st they tell me they have no idea about a madden 25 special. I HAVE to have someone come out and see if I can get direct tv and if I cant then they will honor the special ( this was bs). After explaining it about 8 more times to different people I finally talk to someone who knows about the madden promo and she tells me that they cannot see the promo accounts because they are not real accounts. She then told me since they are not real customer accounts they cant help. My final attempt I thought I was getting somewere, this chick tells me "I'll give you the number were they can help you with these accounts. She reads off the number, I write it down and call it to surprise I get "thank you for calling electronic arts Corp head quarters" I speak to one person he explains this is all on direct tvs hands, I thank him and hang up.

in the end ill never do this again.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
LosAngelesRams said:
Sgt. Ram said:

I am one of the un-lucky ones. There is a problem some people are encountering where the pre-made account they give you is glitched out. When I log on it says "congrats you have the Nfl sunday ticket" then right on top of it "please contact direct tv customer service to upgrade your equipment" and it will not let you watch the sunday ticket.

after an hour and a half on the phone with direct Tv and dealing with over 10 different people (being transferred over and over) I finally gave up and I'm now dealing with amazon to see if they can get this resolved or credit me for the difference.

Here's what happened with dealing with direct tv. 1st they tell me they have no idea about a madden 25 special. I HAVE to have someone come out and see if I can get direct tv and if I cant then they will honor the special ( this was bs). After explaining it about 8 more times to different people I finally talk to someone who knows about the madden promo and she tells me that they cannot see the promo accounts because they are not real accounts. She then told me since they are not real customer accounts they cant help. My final attempt I thought I was getting somewere, this chick tells me "I'll give you the number were they can help you with these accounts. She reads off the number, I write it down and call it to surprise I get "thank you for calling electronic arts Corp head quarters" I speak to one person he explains this is all on direct tvs hands, I thank him and hang up.

Well that pretty much describes how I expected it to go and why I passed on the deal. Hope you can somehow get help or at least a refund.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LosAngelesRams said:
Sgt. Ram said:

Jeez. Lots of horror stories about this promo.
Sure seems shady, doesn't it?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I was watching all day yesterday, and I got one error message a couple times saying that firewall/antivirus was not allowing the Sunday Ticket app to run properly but it never stopped my streams or anything..

EastRam

Pro Bowler
LosAngelesRams said:
Sgt. Ram said:

This is how Direct TV operates.. The keep sending you from one person to the next until they wear you out.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yea very shady for the other and myself having this issue. It really blew my mind when no one knew what I was talking about. One lady even accused me of trying to get a free sunday ticket. She was like "sir we don't offer sunday ticket for playstation 3, that was last year only." This is not direct tvs fault your trying to get a free sunday ticket" I was like are you kidding me? I said I bought it with madden 25 for playstation 3.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LosAngelesRams said:
Sorry to scare you if I did, hopefully you wont have to go through this shit.
You kinda did (scare me) lol.

I have very little tolerance for that kind of customer service, but that's a product of what I do for a living. I'm sure I'd have lost my shit 2 minutes into that episode you had, and that's the quickest way to get nowhere. So, basically, if I have to deal with THAT, then I'm not going to get very far. I'd be asking for the COO of DirecTV after the second transfer.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hey, first post here. Thought I would sign up and let you know how my experiece was with the Madden 25 anniversary edition with the Sunday Ticket.

It was super easy! I had no problems what-so-ever. I can't believe that people are getting bad codes with the game. This is most definitely an Amazon problem as it is their exclusive.

So I've gotten pretty good at dealing with Comcast on the phone. The one thing you never do with these companies is deal straight up with the general "Customer Service" reps. The problem you are having is a technical problem, so straight away, either tell the automated machine to take you to tech support, or do what I do and push the "*" key about 10 times until you confuse the automated service to transfer you to a live rep.

Now, when you get to tech support, tell them in as few words as possible what the problem is, and think of a way to explain it to a young kid (I'm not saying all these techs are dumb, but you have to prepare for the worst). It helps to write it on a notepad before hand. If they still don't know what you're talking about, follow the steps with Amazon.

I'd be furious if I went to watch my game, and it glitched out on me. Explore all avenues, and don't give up!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
LosAngelesRams said:
Yea very shady for the other and myself having this issue. It really blew my mind when no one knew what I was talking about. One lady even accused me of trying to get a free sunday ticket. She was like "sir we don't offer sunday ticket for playstation 3, that was last year only." This is not direct tvs fault your trying to get a free sunday ticket" I was like are you kidding me? I said I bought it with madden 25 for playstation 3.
That fucked, I'd tell them LADY LOOK THEY TOLD ME IF I BOUGHT MADDEN I COULD WATCH SUNDAY TICKET ON MY PHONE, TABLET, OR HOME COMPUTER THE PS3 IS WHAT I PLAY THE GAME. lol just break it down something like that.
Another thing I noticed was that if you don't sign in like so, after going to directv.com/easpecial, click start watching and then sign in, I would get the same error message as you did.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
X said:
LosAngelesRams said:
Sorry to scare you if I did, hopefully you wont have to go through this shyte.
You kinda did (scare me) lol.

I have very little tolerance for that kind of customer service, but that's a product of what I do for a living. I'm sure I'd have lost my shyte 2 minutes into that episode you had, and that's the quickest way to get nowhere. So, basically, if I have to deal with THAT, then I'm not going to get very far. I'd be asking for the COO of DirecTV after the second transfer.

Lol yea I was very cool till about number 7 then I started losing my shit. Very frustrating.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Barrison said:
LosAngelesRams said:
That freaked, I'd tell them LADY LOOK THEY TOLD ME IF I BOUGHT MADDEN I COULD WATCH SUNDAY TICKET ON MY PHONE, TABLET, OR HOME COMPUTER THE PS3 IS WHAT I PLAY THE GAME. lol just break it down something like that.
Another thing I noticed was that if you don't sign in like so, after going to directv.com/easpecial, click start watching and then sign in, I would get the same error message as you did.

Yea I did and got transferred lol. I was reading about that fix on a thread today. That's my next attempt to resolve it myself if not I'll call amazon today because a rep emailed me with a number to reach him at.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
LosAngelesRams said:
Barrison said:
LosAngelesRams said:
That freaked, I'd tell them LADY LOOK THEY TOLD ME IF I BOUGHT MADDEN I COULD WATCH SUNDAY TICKET ON MY PHONE, TABLET, OR HOME COMPUTER THE PS3 IS WHAT I PLAY THE GAME. lol just break it down something like that.

Yea I did and got transferred lol. I was reading about that fix on a thread today. That's my next attempt to resolve it myself if not I'll call amazon today because a rep emailed me with a number to reach him at.
Well they let you watch game shortcuts with this sunday ticket trial thing, so I would recommend you go and see if it will let you on to watch the shortcut version of a game if that works it should be fixed for next sunday bro.

iced

I actually called on Friday to talk to them about renewing my sunday ticket or cancelling. They actually advised me wrong by telling me I could allow my account to be temporarily turned off as long as it didn't go into collections, and still keep my account in good standing. Nope. With 2 months left on my contract, I just said f' it (i only have them for sunday ticket anyway), paid for the package and told them this is my last year with them. "Oh I understand" - no, you really don't... and I'm really never coming back to them.

And yea, I was surprised that all the reps (and 1 manager) that I spoke to didn't know about the madden 25 sunday ticket promo, only 1 did. The other 4 or 5 found out when I told them to look it up on amazon (as a cheaper alternative)...

As far as "if you're not eligible to receive direct tv then they'll honor it" , I've heard this gone both ways... I've heard it doesn't matter sometimes, but they did cover their ass - that was mentioned under the 3* requirements when you bought the game.

But for codes not working and saying it's not their fault - that's bs, that's on direct tv. It's their promotion and their service.

I would recommend reporting this to the better business bureau and other similar companies.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee guys, I've got the Amazon/Madden code and have had no problems whatsoever.

In fact I've got the Falcons vs. Saints short clips of the game on right now in another browser.

From what I've read, one of the problems some have had is using their real direct tv user name and password instead of the one given. Hopefully, no one made that mistake here.

iced

Memphis Ram said:
Gee guys, I've got the Amazon/Madden code and have had no problems whatsoever.

In fact I've got the Falcons vs. Saints short clips of the game on right now in another browser.

From what I've read, one of the problems some have had is using their real direct tv user name and password instead of the one given. Hopefully, no one made that mistake here.

yea i remember from another thread some people were having an issue with logging in - i can't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was something to do with "Direct TV" being one word or 2 words

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for the feed back, at least I have ideal what to expect.

Tailboar

UDFA
Lurker posting for 1st time. Just wanted to pass on some info.
I had the same problem with the Madden Sunday ticket. After hanging up with Directv, I found this to work for me. I was using Chrome. I switched to explorer and went to the web page directv.com/easpecial. (One "t" mind you, did it numerous times as "directtv") From there I logged in and it worked. Hope this helps. Update - Just tried it with Chrome and it worked again. So I think the directv.com/easpecial is key for logging in.