Madden 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Once again, we are completely devoid of talent in the madden ratings. We have two guys(J.Long, R.Quinn) in the 90's. Johnny Hekker is an 87 overall in madden even though he set records last season. Apparently, Danny freakin Trevathan is a better LB then Alec Ogletree and James Lauraunitis. Speaking of which, madden HATES JL. They never rate him higher then an 85. So I guess we have the like, 20th best MLB in the league guys. Fuck man. My love/hate relationship with madden is at it's peak. And don't give me that "winning cures all crap". Because we destroyed the Bears last year and they have a better rating then we do. And they only won one more game.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Once again, we are completely devoid of talent in the madden ratings. We have two guys(J.Long, R.Quinn) in the 90's. Johnny Hekker is an 87 overall in madden even though he set records last season. Apparently, Danny freakin Trevathan is a better LB then Alec Ogletree and James Lauraunitis. Speaking of which, madden HATES JL. They never rate him higher then an 85. So I guess we have the like, 20th best MLB in the league guys. freak man. My love/hate relationship with madden is at it's peak. And don't give me that "winning cures all crap". Because we destroyed the Bears last year and they have a better rating then we do. And they only won one more game.
Isn't it funny they always lowball the RAMS and EA Sports is based out of California/SF area, coincidence, I think not...

A55VA6

Legend
My Xbox broke so I can't get the game this year for the first time in forever! But I always edit player ratings for each team for realism. I just don't agree with most of the ratings. And let me guess, all the Rams WR's are 79 OVR or below and Pettis and Givens are probably still rated the highest? lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't it funny they always lowball the RAMS and EA Sports is based out of California/SF area, coincidence, I think not...

And that's the problem with these ratings. They don't watch these guys every play or even game. They look at stats, and base it off that. If I created Madden, I would take the beat writers of every franchise and have them do the ratings for all the teams. That way it's like checks and balances, it evens itself out. Another thing, and I know it's not a big deal, but Tavon Austin needs to be in top 5 in speed. Because nobody is catching him from behind. I realize this doesn't mean a lot to some people, but I play madden competitively and I refuse to play with anyone except the Rams. So it's frustrating.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I tried my best to ignore him when he was announcing, so I sure wouldn't bother worrying about what his game says about my players.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My Xbox broke so I can't get the game this year for the first time in forever! But I always edit player ratings for each team for realism. I just don't agree with most of the ratings. And let me guess, all the Rams WR's are 79 OVR or below and Pettis and Givens are probably still rated the highest? lol

Same here, I have to redo ratings. And your right. Tavon Austin is the highest with a 78 lol what a joke.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
And that's the problem with these ratings. They don't watch these guys every play or even game. They look at stats, and base it off that. If I created Madden, I would take the beat writers of every franchise and have them do the ratings for all the teams. That way it's like checks and balances, it evens itself out. Another thing, and I know it's not a big deal, but Tavon Austin needs to be in top 5 in speed. Because nobody is catching him from behind. I realize this doesn't mean a lot to some people, but I play madden competitively and I refuse to play with anyone except the Rams. So it's frustrating.
I feel your pain brother. I agree Austin needs to be higher up there but they base it off what they've done in the NFL and up to this point it hasn't been much. I expect Austin to be significantly higher rated on the last roster update after posting his breakout season!

ausmurp

Starter
I redo the ratings as well. I usually take the Seahawks down at a few positions, like QB. Wilson a top 10 qb overall is a complete joke. Also if you don't do this, they go undefeated and win SB every single time in simulation which is completely fake.

Our WRs are probably right on though. No complaint there. Brockers being so low is a joke, along with Ogletree being only 83 on spd. I doubt a player that slow could have a 96 yd pick 6. The people who make Madden are a joke, most probably not even football fans. It's so sad they have a lock on NFL games, so unfair...

ausmurp

Starter
Also they have Janoris rated 85 which is way too high. They seriously are terrible at rating players, they should pay a third party company to handle this, like PFF. Would be awesome and non-biased.

A55VA6

Legend
Also they have Janoris rated 85 which is way too high. They seriously are terrible at rating players, they should pay a third party company to handle this, like PFF. Would be awesome and non-biased.
Janoris should probably be more around 81 or 82.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

You're absolutely right. They've done a terrible job for a long time too. When the Rams were good, the team was completely unstoppable and rated like a 97 overall which I believe is the highest ever for a team. But in all honesty, the defense wasn't great, so it was kinda off. And on Janoris, he's an 84 which I agree is a little high. But they see he had 4 defensive touchdowns two years ago and base it off that.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It pisses me off too now im stuck playing ultimate team again at least on there I can reunite th members of the greatest show on turf and couple that with our new fearsome foursome so Ill still get some enjoyment out of it. I just picked up my copy on my lunch break ready to get off work and play some madden!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Fuck Madden, quit playing that crap years ago, its a sham. BTW isn't there an injury rating or something like that for how prone a player is to getting hurt? wonder where they put Bradford...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
A hell of a lot more variety in what you can do, similar mechanics, the presentation sucks in comparison, but bottom line it's fun.

I skip through all that anyway. All I care about is knowing that Donald Brown won't break 20 tackles in one game just because I bumped it up to all madden.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I bought madden 25 for the streaming Sunday Ticket. Still haven't even taken the game out of the case yet. I still can't believe they have tournaments for that shit.

I used to pick the Chargers and run the option route to Vincent Jackson every play. It worked like 80% of the time. That's kind of like playing Mortal Kombat and doing the sweep kick in the corner of the map all game.

iced

have you played it? cause so far the d-line and jared cook stand out..so does kenny britt, brian quick is completely garbage...frustrating