Mad Max: Fury Road

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

I haven't embedded a file before, so I thought I'd try it out with this (I hope it works).

Curious to hear what you guys think

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think it looks awesome. I like Tom Hardy and Charlie Theron so thats a plus as well.

I liked the originals. The preview looks good, wish it was coming out sooner.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Loved the original - probably saw it a dozen times.

I'm sure I'll see this one as well, but it's just sad that all Hollywood's doing now is remakes.

And it will be slick and cool and and full of bullshit CG, but it won't have the grit and the heart and the soul of the original.

This is what happens when you turn 66. On the other hand, there's probably a lot of 20- and 30-somethings that never saw the original, so maybe it's a good thing. :huh::shades:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I agree it wont have the same grit as the original, but still looks pretty gritty. Cant wait to see

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mad Max is my favorite action movie, and I agree that Fury Road won't be nearly as gritty as the original. Much like the the first Terminator movie, Mad Max's rough edges are what give it a more "realistic" feel.

That being said, from everything I've read about this so far seems Miller & Co. have done things the right way. Apparently (almost) all the car chases and stunts are practical effects as opposed to CGI, with green screen being used mostly for background and minor enhancements.

Also, this isn't a remake. According to the director the story takes place between Mad Max and The Road Warrior which is why the interceptor is still around.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Loved the original - probably saw it a dozen times.

I'm sure I'll see this one as well, but it's just sad that all Hollywood's doing now is remakes.

And it will be slick and cool and and full of bullcrap CG, but it won't have the grit and the heart and the soul of the original.

This is what happens when you turn 66. On the other hand, there's probably a lot of 20- and 30-somethings that never saw the original, so maybe it's a good thing. :huh::shades:

Off topic, I'm pretty sure I had the poster that's your avatar when I was seven.
Very cool.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My first wife gave it to me (framed) in 1977.
I just took a picture of it the other day, and uploaded it.
Player is # 38 - don't know who.

(Right now it's screwed to the door on my tool cabinet, under a piece of plexiglas).

Last edited:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Umm... I loved the original as well, but that looked pretty fucking amazing. Just a trailer but God damn.

PhxRam

I haven't embedded a file before, so I thought I'd try it out with this (I hope it works).

Curious to hear what you guys think

couldnt have been any easier to embed right? Almost any video link that you paste should auto embed. If you find one that doesnt, let me know and I will make it auto embed.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Looks like it's gonna kick some serious ass.

I've enjoyed all of the movies in this series... I had no idea this new one was in the works.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Can I just say thank you for not changing the cars to modernize the movie. The grit is still in this remake, and it's good to see. Did you see that baby monster truck beetle? Come on man! This looks awesome!

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
My first wife gave it to me (framed) in 1977.
I just took a picture of it the other day, and uploaded it.
Player is # 38 - don't know who.

(Right now it's screwed to the door on my tool cabinet, under a piece of plexiglas).

Again, very cool to see it after all this time.

In my case I got mine for Christmas. My folks ordered it from JC Penney as part of a set (I think) that included a Rams pennant and a posable Rams figure. Sadly I no longer have any of them.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Apparently there are three more minutes of footage out there that they showed at CominCon.
People went absolutely ape-shit over it which is why the studio rushed out this trailer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thats a tough sell for me. I loved Mad Max and the Road Warrior (ThunderDome was bad). Mel Gibson will forever be the Road Warrior in my mind just like Charles Bronson in the Death Wish movies. The old time 'Tough' guys really seemed to pull it off better back then. The new guys just look like pretty boys that grew up on Xbox. Hollywood needs another Clint Eastwood to emerge. Tom Cruise, Collin Farrell and the rest just aren't believable tough. I dont get excited when they say a great line and then blow someones head off.

All that said I may still make an effort to go see it.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Thought you'd guys think this was cool

Here is a behind the scenes picture of the Mercedes Benz Design Monster on a trailer and a shot of it in action

BADASS - this movie is actually going to be good. Barely any CGI - full on OLD SCHOOL

IMG_4204 copy.png

-1.png

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I may have to rescind my previous comment.:cautious:
Looks like it's gonna' be good.

(Dieter - is that #29)?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Total fan of the movies. Looks like they are keeping to the originals. I can't wait and of course how could anything be bad if it has Charlize in it? :love:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
indeed
Zod is a big Dickerson fan

:doh: If I'd read below your avatar, I wouldn't have needed to ask.:palm:

Never been a big jersey guy, but bought a Jackson jersey since he was from Vegas, but just got a Mitchell and Ness throwback Dickerson away jersey...
...so we cool!:cheers: