1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Discussion in 'OFF TOPIC' started by MerlinJones, Jul 27, 2014.

1. MerlinJones Active Member

I haven't embedded a file before, so I thought I'd try it out with this (I hope it works).

Curious to hear what you guys think

Dodgersrf and Username like this.
  2. Tron Fights for the User

I think it looks awesome. I like Tom Hardy and Charlie Theron so thats a plus as well.

I liked the originals. The preview looks good, wish it was coming out sooner.

3. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

Loved the original - probably saw it a dozen times.

I'm sure I'll see this one as well, but it's just sad that all Hollywood's doing now is remakes.

And it will be slick and cool and and full of bullcrap CG, but it won't have the grit and the heart and the soul of the original.

This is what happens when you turn 66. On the other hand, there's probably a lot of 20- and 30-somethings that never saw the original, so maybe it's a good thing. :huh::shades:

Oldgeek and Elmgrovegnome like this.
  4. Tron Fights for the User

I agree it wont have the same grit as the original, but still looks pretty gritty. Cant wait to see

5. MerlinJones Active Member

Mad Max is my favorite action movie, and I agree that Fury Road won't be nearly as gritty as the original. Much like the the first Terminator movie, Mad Max's rough edges are what give it a more "realistic" feel.

That being said, from everything I've read about this so far seems Miller & Co. have done things the right way. Apparently (almost) all the car chases and stunts are practical effects as opposed to CGI, with green screen being used mostly for background and minor enhancements.

Also, this isn't a remake. According to the director the story takes place between Mad Max and The Road Warrior which is why the interceptor is still around.

6. MerlinJones Active Member

Off topic, I'm pretty sure I had the poster that's your avatar when I was seven.
    Very cool.

7. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

My first wife gave it to me (framed) in 1977.
    I just took a picture of it the other day, and uploaded it.
    Player is # 38 - don't know who.

(Right now it's screwed to the door on my tool cabinet, under a piece of plexiglas).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  8. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Umm... I loved the original as well, but that looked pretty freaking amazing. Just a trailer but God damn.

9. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

couldnt have been any easier to embed right? Almost any video link that you paste should auto embed. If you find one that doesnt, let me know and I will make it auto embed.

10. Prime Time RODerator

Didn't care much for the original. 'Road Warrior' was epic. Enjoyed 'Beyond Thunderdome' mostly for its humor and Tina Turner. The trailer for this new one is excellent. Thanks for posting it.

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------
    LINK

At last! We finally get a look at the new Mad Max film starring Tom Hardy… and not Mel Gibson. Despite the absence of the man himself, this still looks pretty damn incredible. Slightly disturbed that there is CGI in it, but hopefully it is minimal and the majority of the action is kept “real” like the first three movies.

SYNOPSIS: “Mad Max: Fury Road”–the fourth in the franchise’s history–stars Tom Hardy (“The Dark Knight Rises”) in the title role of Max Rockatansky, alongside Oscar(R) winner Charlize Theron (“Monster”, “Prometheus”) as Imperator Furiosa.

According to Miller, “Mad Max is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa. This movie is an account of the Road War which follows. It is based on the Word Burgers of the History Men and eyewitness accounts of those who survived.”

“Mad Max: Fury Road” also stars Nicholas Hoult (“X-Men: First Class”) as Nux; Hugh Keays-Byrne (“Mad Max,” “Sleeping Beauty”) as Immortan Joe; and Nathan Jones (“Conan the Barbarian”) as Rictus Erectus. Collectively known as The Wives, Zoe Kravitz (“X-Men: First Class”) plays Toast, Riley Keough (“Magic Mike”) is Capable, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (“Transformers: Dark of the Moon”) is Splendid. They are joined by supermodel Abbey Lee Kershaw as The Dag and Courtney Eaton as Fragile, both of whom are making their big screen debuts. Also featured in the movie are Josh Helman as Slit, Jennifer Hagan as Miss Giddy, and singer/songwriter/performer iOTA as Coma-Doof Warrior.

11. Selassie I H. I. M.

Looks like it's gonna kick some serious ass.

I've enjoyed all of the movies in this series... I had no idea this new one was in the works.

12. ChrisW Well-Known Member

Can I just say thank you for not changing the cars to modernize the movie. The grit is still in this remake, and it's good to see. Did you see that baby monster truck beetle? Come on man! This looks awesome!

13. MerlinJones Active Member

Again, very cool to see it after all this time.

In my case I got mine for Christmas. My folks ordered it from JC Penney as part of a set (I think) that included a Rams pennant and a posable Rams figure. Sadly I no longer have any of them.

14. MerlinJones Active Member

Apparently there are three more minutes of footage out there that they showed at CominCon.
    People went absolutely ape-crap over it which is why the studio rushed out this trailer.

15. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

Thats a tough sell for me. I loved Mad Max and the Road Warrior (ThunderDome was bad). Mel Gibson will forever be the Road Warrior in my mind just like Charles Bronson in the Death Wish movies. The old time 'Tough' guys really seemed to pull it off better back then. The new guys just look like pretty boys that grew up on Xbox. Hollywood needs another Clint Eastwood to emerge. Tom Cruise, Collin Farrell and the rest just aren't believable tough. I dont get excited when they say a great line and then blow someones head off.

All that said I may still make an effort to go see it.

Oldgeek likes this.
  16. Dieter the Brock SON OF JEN-ORIS

Thought you'd guys think this was cool

Here is a behind the scenes picture of the Mercedes Benz Design Monster on a trailer and a shot of it in action

BADASS - this movie is actually going to be good. Barely any CGI - full on OLD SCHOOL

IMG_4204 copy.png

-1.png

DaveFan'51, Tron and Prime Time like this.
  17. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

I may have to rescind my previous comment.:cautious:
    Looks like it's gonna' be good.

(Dieter - is that #29)?

18. Dieter the Brock SON OF JEN-ORIS

indeed
    Zod is a big Dickerson fan

19. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Total fan of the movies. Looks like they are keeping to the originals. I can't wait and of course how could anything be bad if it has Charlize in it? :love:

20. VegasRam Just proud to be here.

:doh: If I'd read below your avatar, I wouldn't have needed to ask.:palm:

Never been a big jersey guy, but bought a Jackson jersey since he was from Vegas, but just got a Mitchell and Ness throwback Dickerson away jersey...
    ...so we cool!:cheers: