M&M Boys Backing Up Goff…Exciting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that Dx. But again, the Rams took Goff high for a reason: his upside. Goff has the potential to be an elite QB in this league. When you have a talent like that you need to surround him with a staff who can maximize it and give him every chance to do so.

Stan and Kevin Demoff have done that. And now this staff is putting everything into the kid that they have to get him on track. There is no competition and there will be no competition. It's "get Goff ready." Period.

Now, if Goff struggles and McVay reaches a point where he thinks he's not going to show enough growth, THEN they will turn to Mannion and see if him or Murray give the team a better chance to win.

I think they did right by making sure they are able to give Goff the tools and direction he need to succeed because those same tools and directions will filter down to the other guys. I want Goff to succeed and prove me wrong. I want Mannion to prove me right even if that means him being the number 2 guy. I just want to see a competitive camp. I want to see Goff making and reading plays and delivering strikes and I want Mannion to do the same. What I don't want is one guy winning the position based off draft slot alone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I don't want is one guy winning the position based off draft slot alone.
McVay was the OC when RGIII was benched for Cousins, so you have to believe we have the right coach to not fall in to that trap.

RamWoodie

Legend
You posted 3 links, (actually 2 because it was a duplicate) where each prognosticator had 2 QB rated higher than Mannion. And you posted it as "proof" that he wasn't over drafted, when in fact that indicates it does. What you don't understand is that you are saying one thing, but presenting data that says something else.
Here'e another one
http://www.scout.com/nfl/story/1493936-2015-nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks
He's the 9th rated draft eligible QB
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php
He's 6th
I don't understand your fascination with Goff, he's not part of the conversation. But he was the top rated QB in many eyes, surely a better prospect than Mannion.
Keep running with your bogus argument. Are you next going to argue 2016 was a strong QB draft??? There's no fascination with Goff...just questioning was he worth the move up to get him. Obviously NO!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep running with your bogus argument. Are you next going to argue 2016 was a strong QB draft??? There's no fascination with Goff...just questioning was he worth the move up to get him. Obviously NO!
Dude, the only thing bogus here is your inability to see what you posted. 2016 has nothing to do with anything. You're so invested in arguing that you don't realize that you aren't making sense
I'll keep it simple for you
My point- Mannion was over drafted. (3rd round, 4th QB taken)
Your point, He wasn't over drafted, and your "proof" was 2 websites that predicted him to be the 6th best QB
See how silly that is?
Take a deep breath man. Its ok.

RamWoodie

Legend
Dude, the only thing bogus here is your inability to see what you posted. 2016 has nothing to do with anything. You're so invested in arguing that you don't realize that you aren't making sense
I'll keep it simple for you
My point- Mannion was over drafted. (3rd round, 4th QB taken)
Your point, He wasn't over drafted, and your "proof" was 2 websites that predicted him to be the 6th best QB
See how silly that is?
Take a deep breath man. Its ok.
What I see is how stuck on what point you *think* you're making...but yeah...take a deep breath yourself because your point of view is just that...YOUR'S.

Likewise...I have mine...and I'll stand on it!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are we going to be blind to Goff's struggles behind center?

Are we going to forget that Mannion was 2nd on the depth chart in week one...and only after the sports media got all over that Goff SUDDENLY jumped to 2nd on the depth chart the 2nd week?

I'm just keeping it real because I've really seen nothing from Goff to say he was worth what Fishet gave up to get him.

I've not seen enough of Goff or Mannion to say who's better...but then, isnt that what camp is about?

Did you forget Fisher was the coach and didn't know what the hell he was doing? We may have witnessed the all time worst preparation of a #1 qb in the history of the nfl.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you forget Fisher was the coach and didn't know what the hell he was doing? We may have witnessed the all time worst preparation of a #1 qb in the history of the nfl.

Kinda like when Coach Brooks no idea of what he had or how to use Bettis. Watch Goff be great with these new coaches, that would be nice.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mannion can do in TC. Finally a QB oriented coaching staff that can maximize Rams QB's. I don't think we've seen yet where Mannion is at. I think he is ahead of Goff in understanding what is required of NFL QB's, but behind in physical skill. He certainly has the potential to be a #2.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Anyone else wondering why Murray got cut loose so soon?

BTW, I also disagree with the notion that Mannion was "overdrafted."
He was the 91st player selected for goodness sakes.

Besides, Trevor Siemian a 7th round selection in the 2015 looked pretty good to me last year. But, of course, the Broncos coaching staff gave him a fair shot to win the starting job and didn't just hand it to the veteran Case Keenum, I mean Mark Sanchez. And they waited for him to get injured prior to inserting 1st rounder Jared Goff, I mean Paxton Lynch.

:hiding:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I see is how stuck on what point you *think* you're making...but yeah...take a deep breath yourself because your point of view is just that...YOUR'S.

Likewise...I have mine...and I'll stand on it!
I agree with what your stats posted. The Rams drafted Mannion 4th while the experts said he was at best 6th.
Overdrafted

RamWoodie

Legend

That's a matter of question...I'll leave it at that because Keenum was able to perform. The fact is Goff was coming in just like most spread QBs...with a lack of NFL offensive understanding.

This is where so many are in denial...when the ENTIRE NFL is saying spread QBs are lacking...seems folks ought to listen. It's not a knock on Goff...it's just true.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
hmmm....

I only remember the hype surrounding Mannion...Should he play...yada yada....and when he got in, he looked clueless. I hope we give that running QB a real shot. The dude outta SMU.

No running QBs...EVER!!! (think wire hangers... not a meme creator, but you get the gist)

nighttrain

Legend
Kinda like when Coach Brooks no idea of what he had or how to use Bettis. Watch Goff be great with these new coaches, that would be nice.
Better than nice amigo, and don't know about you, but i can't wait for the preseason to start
train
ps Dick Bass was my first fav RAM