M&M Boys Backing Up Goff…Exciting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
We all know the depth chart. Goff is definitely the starter but Mannion is going to push him. Which should be a good thing
I hope they push each other... as we hear so often from this team, "Iron sharpens iron."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol we already dispelled that myth of a weak arm. If his arm is weak so is Goff because they are essentially the same and Mannion accuracy is one of the best things about him. His delivery has also sped up evident by his preason performance
Why do you keep bringing up Goff? I'm talking about Mannion, and why he isn't starter material. I agree that if Goff doesn't make a huge turnaround, he's gone.
Mannion has a weak arm, isn't accurate, isn't mobile and has looked completely overmatched in his limited play. I have no idea why anyone would try and push for him to play, ever
I'm hoping to see big things out of Murray this spring or the kid from SMU because if Goff continues to stink it up, we have to have something to believe in. And it sure aint Mannion

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What you have there is an OPINION...and naturally it's yours...BUT...lets go down memory lane and see some 2015 QB draft rankings:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-quarterbacks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-draft-lance-zierleins-top-10-quarterbacks

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/...erback-rankings-jameis-winston-marcus-mariota

There's just a few to refresh you. Doesn't seem many felt Mannion was so much a reach.

Now, mi d you, I'm not saying Mannion is better than Goff...my point is Goff hasn't shown any more than Mannion!
Actually, you are reinforcing my point, not refuting it. Both of those publications had Mannion behind Hundley and Petty and SB nation gave the class a D rating.
So thanks for proving my point, the Rams according to your sources over drafted Mannion in a weak QB class.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think management cares who the high draft pick was, and I know I don't.

All I want is the quarterback situation fixed. I don't care who it is, I've got no skin in that game.

You may not, however you can bet Kroenke, Snead and Demoff do and that's what matters. Fortunately the football decision makers are going to do everything they can to get the value out of that 1 overall pick investment by giving the kid the tools to achieve what could be a very high ceiling.

Some here don't agree Goff has a high ceiling, so be it. But he and Mannion were drafted where they were drafted for a reason. Fortunately football knowledgeable types are making that call not fans.

RamWoodie

Legend
Actually, you are reinforcing my point, not refuting it. Both of those publications had Mannion behind Hundley and Petty and SB nation gave the class a D rating.
So thanks for proving my point, the Rams according to your sources over drafted Mannion in a weak QB class.
No...you're proving my point....Goff's draft class was the weaker...it doesn't even come close to 2015!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No...you're proving my point....Goff's draft class was the weaker...it doesn't even come close to 2015!!!
You really aren't paying attention here.
Mannion was over-drafted, in a weak draft class. Your post backs that up.
That was the point

RamWoodie

Legend
You really aren't paying attention here.
Mannion was over-drafted, in a weak draft class. Your post backs that up.
That was the point
I'm paying attention....you say Mannion was over drafted in YOUR opinion. I'm saying he was not.

I posted three different rankings of 2015 QB drafts. You point to the grade of that class, yet Goff's draft class was even WEAKER.

NOT ONE QB IN THE 2016 DRAFT was rated better than Winston or Mariotta of 2015.

Goff came from a weaker draft of QBs than Mannion too.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Camp is going to determine...because McVay didn't draft Goff...the only dog he has in the hunt is the one who plays best!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm paying attention....you say Mannion was over drafted in YOUR opinion. I'm saying he was not.

I posted three different rankings of 2015 QB drafts. You point to the grade of that class, yet Goff's draft class was even WEAKER.

NOT ONE QB IN THE 2016 DRAFT was rated better than Winston or Mariotta of 2015.

Goff came from a weaker draft of QBs than Mannion too.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Camp is going to determine...because McVay didn't draft Goff...the only dog he has in the hunt is the one who plays best!
You need to re-read your own post.
I say he was over drafted, and you posted links that backed that up.
All of them had him ranked 6th and he was drafted 4th
Proof read man, its not that difficult!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You may not, however you can bet Kroenke, Snead and Demoff do and that's what matters. Fortunately the football decision makers are going to do everything they can to get the value out of that 1 overall pick investment by giving the kid the tools to achieve what could be a very high ceiling.

Some here don't agree Goff has a high ceiling, so be it. But he and Mannion were drafted where they were drafted for a reason. Fortunately football knowledgeable types are making that call not fans.
Nah, I think Kroenke wants a winning team, and I doubt he cares if Snead or Demoff has to get thrown under the bus to make that happen.

It doesn't matter though, if Goff really is the best man available for the job, that's who McVay will give the most reps.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And of course, Kirk Cousins is a FA after the season, so we'll see what happens there

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
And of course, Kirk Cousins is a FA after the season, so we'll see what happens there

He would be a Ram if it were up to Mcvay. :fuelfire:
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you keep bringing up Goff? I'm talking about Mannion, and why he isn't starter material. I agree that if Goff doesn't make a huge turnaround, he's gone.
Mannion has a weak arm, isn't accurate, isn't mobile and has looked completely overmatched in his limited play. I have no idea why anyone would try and push for him to play, ever
I'm hoping to see big things out of Murray this spring or the kid from SMU because if Goff continues to stink it up, we have to have something to believe in. And it sure aint Mannion
Lol where is your proof on Mannions arm strength and accuracy you are literally the only person I have heard say this about Mannion. But you are a fan of Murray who has been in the league longer than Mannion and has look way worse then Mannion has ever looked.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

To me their draft slot means absolutely nothing it's what you do on game day that matters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol where is your proof on Mannions arm strength and accuracy you are literally the only person I have heard say this about Mannion. But you are a fan of Murray who has been in the league longer than Mannion and has look way worse then Mannion has ever looked.
I'm a fan of Murray? Where do you come up with this stuff? I'll root for anyone under center for the Rams. Unfortunately at the moment only Murray and the SMU kid are the only qb that haven't looked bad in a Rams uniform.
As for mannion look up any scouting report and it talks to his inabilities. Slow release, poor footwork which leads to inaccuracy and weak throws

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a fan of Murray? Where do you come up with this stuff? I'll root for anyone under center for the Rams. Unfortunately at the moment only Murray and the SMU kid are the only qb that haven't looked bad in a Rams uniform.
As for mannion look up any scouting report and it talks to his inabilities. Slow release, poor footwork which leads to inaccuracy and weak throws
Lol you said I'm expecting big things, which obviously means you like the guy if you're expecting big things out of him. And no they haven't said weak arm and inaccurate a slow release don't make you in accurate just make you slow lol

RamWoodie

Legend
You need to re-read your own post.
I say he was over drafted, and you posted links that backed that up.
All of them had him ranked 6th and he was drafted 4th
Proof read man, its not that difficult!
No. What you need to do is understand I don't have to agree with you. You think you make a point when you really don't. Mannion being ranked 6th best doesn't at all say he was over drafted. The guy went in the 3rd round...that's not over drafting as I see it. It was just about right in my opinion/ Meantime Mannion stands ready to compete for a job.

If anyone was over drafted it was Goff!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol you said I'm expecting big things, which obviously means you like the guy if you're expecting big things out of him. And no they haven't said weak arm and inaccurate a slow release don't make you in accurate just make you slow lol

Please show me where I said that I'm expecting big things out of Murray?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. What you need to do is understand I don't have to agree with you. You think you make a point when you really don't. Mannion being ranked 6th best doesn't at all say he was over drafted. The guy went in the 3rd round...that's not over drafting as I see it. It was just about right in my opinion/ Meantime Mannion stands ready to compete for a job.

If anyone was over drafted it was Goff!!!
You posted 3 links, (actually 2 because it was a duplicate) where each prognosticator had 2 QB rated higher than Mannion. And you posted it as "proof" that he wasn't over drafted, when in fact that indicates it does. What you don't understand is that you are saying one thing, but presenting data that says something else.
Here'e another one
http://www.scout.com/nfl/story/1493936-2015-nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks
He's the 9th rated draft eligible QB
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php
He's 6th
I don't understand your fascination with Goff, he's not part of the conversation. But he was the top rated QB in many eyes, surely a better prospect than Mannion.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me their draft slot means absolutely nothing it's what you do on game day that matters

I get that Dx. But again, the Rams took Goff high for a reason: his upside. Goff has the potential to be an elite QB in this league. When you have a talent like that you need to surround him with a staff who can maximize it and give him every chance to do so.

Stan and Kevin Demoff have done that. And now this staff is putting everything into the kid that they have to get him on track. There is no competition and there will be no competition. It's "get Goff ready." Period.

Now, if Goff struggles and McVay reaches a point where he thinks he's not going to show enough growth, THEN they will turn to Mannion and see if him or Murray give the team a better chance to win.