Lynch, Goff joining QB class full of promise and projects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Miller isn't the best source for prospects. A lot of hardcore "draftniks" think of him as a joke. He tends to follow the crowd. I'm just going to say that he's incorrect about Wentz being more pro ready than Goff. And I'm one of Wentz's biggest fans.
Well, your theory kind of contradicts itself. I dont see how he follows the crowd when he's the only guy saying Wentz is most pro ready

Stel

Starter
I'm not sure what "most pro ready" means any more. All the guys in the discussion have the physical tools. Seems to me the toughest part of being NFL ready may be between the ears, not the system you played in college. Some guys can step into the pro game immediately (Mariota most recently) and others never get it.

Ram65

Legend
I'm not sure what "most pro ready" means any more. All the guys in the discussion have the physical tools. Seems to me the toughest part of being NFL ready may be between the ears, not the system you played in college. Some guys can step into the pro game immediately (Mariota most recently) and others never get it.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-nfl-has-a-quarterback-crisis-1441819454

I'm not sure either. This is an interesting article focusing on the mental part and not being taught the basics of reading a NFL defense while in college.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Didn't the 49ers have a few Kapernick packages when they drafted him? Smith was the QB but Kap came in for a series here or there? I think with as difficult as it is these days to get QBs up to speed, I wouldn't mind seeing us take a Cardale Jones late if we can't get any of the top for not named Cook and using Kennum and him next year. I think you could do a package for him that would be effective.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, your theory kind of contradicts itself. I dont see how he follows the crowd when he's the only guy saying Wentz is most pro ready

There's a running thread on Miller on another board I'm on where they post tweets of the "twitter scouts" and Miller. Miller often changes his rankings of players right after other twitter scouts start hyping those players. He also tends to lie about how he ranked people in the past.

But I stopped taking him seriously after he wrote off Luke Kuechly a few years ago.