Ltrautman Mock 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ltrautman

MIZ
Thought I'd take my shot at a Rams mock. In the first round we trade down with the Chiefs, swapping #10 for #18 & #49. I am starting to believe that the Rams are planning on going with what they have at Center and I am also compiling this mock under the assumption that Joe Barksdale is resigned.

18 La'el Collins-- I'm a pretty big fan of Collins' talent level and I think he'd be a great addition at #18. He could be an OG or ROT and has a lot of ability. As Dante Fowler recalled, the guy can really throw people around.

41 Jaelen Strong-- A bit of a stretch here because I think Strong could easily go first round and end up being the #2 receiver out of this class behind only Cooper (I'm not a believer in Kevin White, but that conversation is for another day). However, if he's available here I think we almost have to take him.

49 PJ Williams-- A first round talent who falls to us in round 2 primarily because of the recent DUI. Two things we know about Jeff Fisher: 1 he likes moving around on draft day 2 he doesn't mind guys with character problems. This pick combines those two things and helps out with our weakest defensive link, especially with both Janoris and Tru hitting FA next year. PJ's size and speed could really benefit our secondary.

72 Donovan Smith-- Back to the O-Line here, we really need to patch up the line and this pick could go a long way. Smith's size and versatility allows him to play OT or OG. This is a depth pick, not looking for a starter.

119 Bryce Petty-- A developmental QB here. After helping out the line I think this could be a good spot for a QB. I really hope Foles can pan out and will come back for 2016 but I'm not too big on Austin Davis and Case Keenum.

215 Karlos Williams-- This guy actually has quite a bit of talent for a 6th round comp pick and Fisher loves his running backs. He has great speed to go along with his size (6'1, 230 lbs) and at this point in the draft it's pretty hit or miss so why not take a chance on a guy you believe in.

227-BPA- It's really a shot in the dark at this point. The Rams will have someone in mind and I'd prefer the best OL available.

I'm sure there are a lot of you with strong disagreements (or agreements ;)) towards this mock so let it rip but keep in mind this is my first one(y)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Except for Collins, not at all a fan of this draft.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Wow!

Sign me up for this one, the best one yet.

Jaelen Strong...big time talent, doesn't get enough run here as far as Im concerned.

Nice Job amigo!(y)(y)

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Wow!

Sign me up for this one, the best one yet.

Jaelen Strong...bit time talent, doesn't get enough run here as far as Im concerned.

Nice Job amigo!(y)(y)

That's because he's basically a bigger Chris Givens.

jjab360

Legend
That's because he's basically a bigger Chris Givens.
They both run bad routes, but that's pretty much all they have in common. Completely different body types and playing styles and Givens could never make catches outside of his frame or come down with contested catches which is Strong's greatest strength.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They both run bad routes, but that's pretty much all they have in common. Completely different body types and playing styles and Givens could never make catches outside of his frame or come down with contested catches which is Strong's greatest strength.

Neither of them can get separation. Both of them play soft. Strong is especially soft; for such a big guy, it's like he's afraid to block and do the dirty work. Contrast him with Mike Evans. You'll see a huge difference between the way they play physically.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Neither of them can get separation. Both of them play soft. Strong is especially soft; for such a big guy, it's like he's afraid to block and do the dirty work. Contrast him with Mike Evans. You'll see a huge difference between the way they play physically.

Not sure what you're basing this off of (please don't tell me it's "film") This guys a big time talent, think Keenan Allen...another Pac12 WR totally under estimated by anyone not on the West Coast.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Not sure what you're basing this off of (please don't tell me it's "film") This guys a big time talent, think Keenan Allen...another Pac12 WR totally under estimated by anyone not on the West Coast.

Yes, it is film. It is watching games and plays where the guy you're watching is involved.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Great Mock! Collins could start at Guard and Smith is good enough to start at ROT. PJ Williams would be a great addition. I would probably take another receiver but overall it's great.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Pretty good draft. Not crazy about Strong that early. There seems to be a lot of value at WR later in this draft. Same applies to D Smith. There are about 3 or 4 players I like better at that slot and position.

Like Collins and Karlos Williams is a guy I kind of forgot about but interesting player that late.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Keenan Allen was nothing like Strong. He was a player lacking top-end speed known for his route running and movement skills. Strong is a linear player with top-end speed that lacks movement skills and route running ability. Strong might work in the right scheme but it's not ours imo. He's too limited of a player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like it except for Donovan Smith.

Collins is one of my top three picks at ten. I like Strong. I think he needs refinement but I think athletically he has much better body control than Givens. He fights for the ball well and is good at high pointing it. His biggest problem is his that he is sloppy. He has a lot of wasted movement. That can be coached out of him if he wants to work at it. Quick was similar coming in but even more raw with routes.

I am not excited by Williams personal issues but have come to accept the likelihood of Fisher picking a project of some sort each year. The talent is undeniable.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Keenan Allen was nothing like Strong. He was a player lacking top-end speed known for his route running and movement skills. Strong is a linear player with top-end speed that lacks movement skills and route running ability. Strong might work in the right scheme but it's not ours imo. He's too limited of a player.

I realize that, Allen was a very dangerous return man in College, his top end speed I don't believe is lacking (tho his combine would suggest otherwise)

Strong on the other hand I've seen literally take over games, we'll find out soon enough is was an inferior competition thing.

When I said think Keenan Allen (after re reading it was a poor obviously miss-leading effort by me) I was loosely referencing how territorial at times people are, it is pretty easy for me to tell what part of the country some here are from by their likes (and dislikes) in the draft. Strong (like Allen) will have 1st year success in the NFL (hmmm, what part of the country do I sound from?;))

Last edited: