LT OR WR With The First Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robinson/Matthews OR Watkins With The First Pick

• Total voters

ausmurp

Starter
I picked Watkins, and then we can go OL @13. I don't think the WRs are as deep as people think. I feel from what I've seen that Watkins is way above the rest and is NFL ready right now, which is what we must have at WR. Ask yourself this: Who would you rather have from the 2011 draft, Julio Jones or Tyron Smith? Becuase that is the comparison here. There is no AJ Green in this draft either, so for once, we get our chance to land the best WR prospect in years. There will be a good OL @13 for us to draft also...

iced

Regardless, you don't fight fire with fire. You fight fire with water. Don't try to out-talent the DBs of our opponents. Build up a dominating OL. If we run the ball down Seattle's throats and have an OL that gives Bradford time, I don't care how good their DBs are...we'll be able to throw the ball on them.

I'd love a dominant WR. But if it comes down to the choice between two equal talents at WR or on the OL, it's an easy choice for me. I'd love it if we went overkill on the OL. Would love a dominant starting 5 with some depth. The pieces are there on this team. We're not far away. With a dominant OL, we can be a very good offense. And we're 1-2 pieces at most from a top 10 defense.

in fairness though it's not like Seattle has been garbage against the run - for the past couple seasons they've been consistently top 5 against it, if not one of the best... so either way you're attacking their strengths.

Like I said before - when we pounded them with the rock, they were missing some key players to injury... like their LB wright. It's pick your poison for that defense

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in fairness though it's not like Seattle has been garbage against the run - for the past couple seasons they've been consistently top 5 against it, if not one of the best... so either way you're attacking their strengths.

Like I said before - when we pounded them with the rock, they were missing some key players to injury... like their LB wright. It's pick your poison for that defense

Wright played in that game. He missed the Week 17 game.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I went with the OT. Let him play guard for a couple of years and then replace Long.

We could have AJ Green and Megatron as our wide receivers and it would mean nothing if Sam is constantly on his backside.

iced

Wright played in that game. He missed the Week 17 game.

One of their linebackers was out - I remember cause once I heard he was going to be inactive for the weekend, I rolled the dice on starting Zac stacy in fantasy and it paid off

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I voted for Watkins . .. but it's a tough call. Jake Matthews . . . son of Bruce. It's not that makes him a good prospect on name alone, but that Matthews was rock solid for so long, and his grandfather too, I am talking about just good genes. And Clay Matthews was so good for so long. Now Clay's son has had some injuries . . . so anyone can get hurt . . . but the frame, the mindset, the physical traits would not make me upset if we took him over Watkins.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One of their linebackers was out - I remember cause once I heard he was going to be inactive for the weekend, I rolled the dice on starting Zac stacy in fantasy and it paid off
I think you're thinking of the first Whiner game when Willis was out.

iced

I think you're thinking of the first Whiner game when Willis was out.
no I remember that too... but there was something with the seattle game - I know they did lost one of their linebackers for a few games in the middle of the season, and his play was not stellar coming back off the injury. I wanna say it was KJ Wright

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no I remember that too... but there was something with the seattle game - I know they did lost one of their linebackers for a few games in the middle of the season, and his play was not stellar coming back off the injury. I wanna say it was KJ Wright

Wright got hurt near the end of the year and missed the Week 17 game. Wagner was just coming back from an injury(your recall is right on that). But I wouldn't say that made a huge difference because he played great football a week later against Tampa Bay. Our OL just pushed their DL around all game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Korey Toomer was out for that first game.

iced

It was Bobby Wagner. He missed 2 games prior to ours and didn't play that well...

and that jrry, he played a better game against a worst team, but he still played poorly against us and had struggles down the road

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Wasn't Mebane out that game? Seems like I remember that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't Mebane out that game? Seems like I remember that.

Nope.

It was Bobby Wagner. He missed 2 games prior to ours and didn't play that well...

and that jrry, he played a better game against a worst team, but he still played poorly against us and had struggles down the road

He played poorly against us because their DL was getting blown off the ball. Wagner being 100% wouldn't have made the difference.