Lovie Smith favorite for Bucs job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281149/report-lovie-smith-the-favorite-for-bucs-job

According to the Tampa Bay Times, ex-Bears coach Lovie Smith is "very interested" in the Bucs' job, while ESPN's Adam Schefter reports he's the "favorite" to replace Greg Schiano.

Schefter's report is via "multiple league sources." With the interest seemingly coming from both sides, a deal could get done very quickly. Even were Smith not to get the job in Tampa, he'll likely garner interest from any team looking for a defensive-minded head coach. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, there's a "lot of talk of bringing the old Tampa group together." That would include Smith and former Bears GM/Bucs director of player personnel Jerry Angelo.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Dec 30 - 2:56 PM

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think that would be a great fit for Lovie - the city knows him from the Dungy days, he runs the Tampa 2. They need a lot of help on the other side of the ball though

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly don't think so. The defense will be terrific, they have very good players there, that were just misused.

For offense add a couple high round draft picks to V-Jax, Martin, and Mike Williams and I think you are looking a worst to first contender for next year.

I think Lovie would do wonders for that team. I would expect them to bring in a big name OC if he did sign. Maybe Chudz?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope he gets it. Dude deserves it more than any of these guys out there.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Lovie would do wonders for Tampa bay. He didn't deserve to get fired after a 10 win season. That's just crazy