Louis Riddick goes to bat for Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Did anyone see the ESPN segment this morning where Louis Riddick was defending Goff?

It's crazy how much hate the kid takes after 7 games last year in that nightmare of a situation. They looked at his stats and 0-7 record and said he couldn't play. It's going to take a good year from him but I think he wins a lot over.

Check out the first few minutes:

View: https://youtu.be/maCfP5BaDzs

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, bozos.

Hassekbeck laughed at the notion the rams could beat the colts without luck. Laughed. This was after the cowboys pre-season game. Said Goff still looked like he had the same problems from last season. After he threw 4 passes in that game. The guy is a clown and can't admit it.

Ryan Clark is not much better. In the same segment said even the rams could beat the colts without luck. Thanks Skippy. His argument that the d scored 14 points to downplay goff's play, lame.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Don't worry, Goff -- it'll take you about 3 more games to eclipse Tim Hasselbeck's career numbers.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler

Ryan Clark is not much better. In the same segment said even the rams could beat the colts without luck. Thanks Skippy. His argument that the d scored 14 points to downplay goff's play, lame.

That's some sound logic there, Mr. Clark. Never mind the fact that even without the defensive scoring, the GOFFense put up 30 points all by themselves.

All I can say is: thank the football gods for NFL Network, where there's only one smirking prick on the payroll. Maybe they can swing a trade, sending Heath Evans to ESPN in exchange for Charles Woodson.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
F&%$g yakking heads are getting worse every year. That's what happens when you throw out football 24-7 you get all the bullshit speculation and "what ifs" and "if you take that play away" nonsense too. Sports arguments get to stupid endless debates where no one is right or wrong as long as they get on their little podiums to seek attention. This is why I don't waste my time with blabbing head shows (didn't bother to click the vid). I just take in the game itself and the hightlights, and a few stories.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The worst of them here in LA are on at 9 to noon. Keyshawn Johnson and Mrcellus Wiley are absolutely horrible. They spend hour after hour talking about their stupid foot race or endless drivel on basketball, Kyree Irving, Lavar Ball, Blah, Blah Blah

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Haha, bozos.

Hassekbeck laughed at the notion the rams could beat the colts without luck. Laughed. This was after the cowboys pre-season game. Said Goff still looked like he had the same problems from last season. After he threw 4 passes in that game. The guy is a clown and can't admit it.

I don't get how it downplays the offense at all. Do they think we wouldn't have scored on at least one of those drives? The INTs were all inside the 50 yard line.

The Ramowl

Starter
I don't get how it downplays the offense at all. Do they think we wouldn't have scored on at least one of those drives? The INTs were all inside the 50 yard line.

Plus the fact that we wouldn't have kept them at 9 without the offense staying on the field and getting 1st downs to rest the D. This is a stupid argument.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it doesn't. they're just butthurt because baldy thought the colts would win easily and clark thought the rams would win by a fg in a fisher style td-less game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus the fact that we wouldn't have kept them at 9 without the offense staying on the field and getting 1st downs to rest the D. This is a stupid argument.

i don't think it was an argument at all. he was just trying to be funny. they were probably joking about it before the show and he pulled it out in the show. but the mere fact he said it to downplay goff's performance was lame.

fearsomefour

Legend
That's some sound logic there, Mr. Clark. Never mind the fact that even without the defensive scoring, the GOFFense put up 30 points all by themselves.

All I can say is: thank the football gods for NFL Network, where there's only one smirking prick on the payroll. Maybe they can swing a trade, sending Heath Evans to ESPN in exchange for Charles Woodson.
Had this same discussion with a Redskins fan at work.
Give the Colts their missed points....4 on the should have been TD that ended up being a FG, 1 for the missed extra point and 3 for the missed field goal....and take away the points the defense scored....16 points, 2 TDs and a safety....and the Rams win 30-17. They kicked thier asses.
As an aside, the beloved Steelers played the Browns and put up 21 points....7 scored by their defense and 7 on a blocked punt....their mighty O scored 7 points vs the Browns. Somehow that is classified as a good "team" win? The Rams get discounted because their D scored as well?
F them.
F them all.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
hate these round table discussions when everyone talks over each other and no one gets a point across.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
This is typical espn, and why I don't listen to this crap. And their executives wonder why they have a hard time with viewership ratings.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Problem is too many proclaimed him a bust and they are stuck defending that position.

Amazing how when he was drafted no one questioned that he was a 1st rounder. Now sure QB's get pushed up the board, but he was still a top 15 prospect. Yet, 7 games in a bad offense as a rookie is not an over-reaction, but a good preseason and 1 good game in a new offense is.

If he was a top 15 prospect how can you give up on him and treat him like he can't even throw a football?

Fact is they need to back off and see how he does this year before making any proclamations.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Plus, I did not realize Luck was a two way player and was a dominant FS or something. Not sure how he hurt that defense so badly by being out. Sure 2bd half for ugly, but by that time the Rams took their foot off the gas.

fearsomefour

Legend
Problem is too many proclaimed him a bust and they are stuck defending that position.

Amazing how when he was drafted no one questioned that he was a 1st rounder. Now sure QB's get pushed up the board, but he was still a top 15 prospect. Yet, 7 games in a bad offense as a rookie is not an over-reaction, but a good preseason and 1 good game in a new offense is.

If he was a top 15 prospect how can you give up on him and treat him like he can't even throw a football?

Fact is they need to back off and see how he does this year before making any proclamations.
It's also amazing now, be it sports, politics or nearly anything, no one is "allowed" to change their point of view. If you do somehow this is a weakness. Very flawed egocentric way of thinking. All confirmation bias based.
Taking in new information, being objective and adjusting ones position....in business this is called staying in business and being smart.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Like The man said " .. I'm going down in flames with Goff! .. The Man can play some Football!!.."