Louis Delmas visiting tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
A very high risk addition if you ask me, unless he's at a bargain basement price, we don't have the depth (or cap room) to sign him...

One college scouting director said his club red flagged Delmas before the ’09 draft because they figured knee issues would be problematic throughout Delmas’ career.

Lions safety Louis Delmas flies in for physical, leaves without signing
March 8, 2013 at 1:00 am

It should surprise no one the Lions would fly safety Louis Delmas to Detroit for a thorough medical examination on the eve of free agency, which they did Friday.

It's a little thing called due diligence.

"Injury questions always come into play," general manager Martin Mayhew said last month regarding Delmas. "You want to know what you are buying. I think that will be a factor going forward for a lot of our free agents."

Delmas, who becomes an unrestricted free agent Tuesday,[hil]left without signing back with the Lions[/hil].

He has had both knees surgically repaired the last two seasons, the right knee after the 2011 season and the left before last season. The [hil]left knee never fully responded after the surgery[/hil]and he was limited to five games.

There is concern that the condition — believed to be tendinitis — is chronic. Middle linebacker Stephen Tulloch had a similar surgery last offseason and though he played all 16 games, he struggled and missed some practice time.

"The knee is an issue," coach Jim Schwartz said before the NFL Scouting Combine last month. "We will just have to take it as it comes."

Schwartz has said repeatedly that when healthy, Delmas is the heart and soul of the team's defense. The Lions don't want to cut him loose if there is a chance he can be healthy.

From The Detroit News: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130308/SPORTS0101/303080419#ixzz2NPEvc0OY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... z2NPEvc0OY</a>

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Username said:
15-20 range.

I don't really see him the way everyone else does though. I like Matt Elam better in fact so idk. I think there's a chance Kenny V could make it to 16 for sure.
Well i'm thinking about when the bucs drafted Barron nobody expected him to go that early, I feel like theres a good chance he will drop but theres a better chance a team before us takes em. With that being said, I am open to getting a safety in any of the later rounds but getting Vacarro would be HUGE for our defense, imo.

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
Delmas > Craig Dahl. Duh.

I like Delmas, even though he's kind of a dick. His attitude and "chippiness" is pretty much exactly what this defense is looking for. Might be a few extra flags next year, but he could be a good fit, IMO. And seriously, why would any of us bemoan the signing of a different safety - or ANY safety - at this point?

i think we sign him, see Walton connection, i read he passed his physical at Detriot, their loss our gain
train