Lots of zone D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We're going to see a ton of zone D from the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Burrow was one of the best QBs in the NFL against man.. and not nearly as good against zone, though he improved as the year went on. There's a TON of reporting and information on this out there.

Hopefully there will be some cool new wrinkles in it.. and the front 4 can dominate and get Burrow down without any help.

Gotta create a little confusion with the zone to give the pass rush just a little moment longer to get to the QB.

RamWoodie

Legend
The Rams have plenty of guys on the DLine with the addition of SJD on the line. They'll be able to keep the front fresh. If the Begals give too much attention to AD and Miller, I look for Gaines and ARob to be a real headache to Burrow.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Maybe they don't get sacks with just 4 but they should generate plenty of pressure with just the 4-man front.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
AD/Miller/Floyd . . . I am sure the right side of that offensive line and offense has been having nightmares.

I just finished the Titans-Bengals game in a rewatch. Simmons is a BIG athletic dude but nobody can ever prepare for who Aaron Donald is.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe they don't get sacks with just 4 but they should generate plenty of pressure with just the 4-man front.
As long as their not letting him get clean drops or escape and extend plays.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
AD/Miller/Floyd . . . I am sure the right side of that offensive line and offense has been having nightmares.

I just finished the Titans-Bengals game in a rewatch. Simmons is a BIG athletic dude but nobody can ever prepare for who Aaron Donald is.
I’m praying for an AD legend game.

RamWoodie

Legend
This Hilton guy that's supposedly gonna cover Kupp, is gonna have his hands full. Kupp licks his chops when it comes to zone defenses!!! It also gives more opportunities to OBJ, Jefferson, Blanton, and Akers/Henderson out of the backfield.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Donald will do his thing and SJD and Beast Gaines will push the pocket on the interior. You got a top 10 pass rusher ever HOFer on one edge and an athletic freak on the other.

Time to eat.

TexasRam

Legend
Besides turnovers and fluke plays, I don’t see too many ways the Bengals can beat us straight up.

One way though is to exploit Long jr, Williams and Reeder.

No team plays more off coverage then the Rams. It’s the one way we can lose this game.

In my opinion we need Morris to confuse Burrow or 11 or 22 to make some plays.

This Hilton guy that's supposedly gonna cover Kupp, is gonna have his hands full. Kupp licks his chops when it comes to zone defenses!!! It also gives more opportunities to OBJ, Jefferson, Blanton, and Akers/Henderson out of the backfield.
Hilton shadowed Kupp (last year I think?) when he played for Pittsburgh. Hilton actually did a terrific job limiting Kupp in that game. Of course,, Goff was the QB, so there's that.

Hilton is a very underrated/under the radar player in this league. Don't sleep on him having a decent game.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
We're going to see a ton of zone D from the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Burrow was one of the best QBs in the NFL against man.. and not nearly as good against zone, though he improved as the year went on. There's a TON of reporting and information on this out there.

Hopefully there will be some cool new wrinkles in it.. and the front 4 can dominate and get Burrow down without any help.

Gotta create a little confusion with the zone to give the pass rush just a little moment longer to get to the QB.

That being the case, the Rams will keep Ramsey at star and play zone.

Just keep weddle in there and Rapp on the bench.

I like the idea of looking like man then falling into zone at snap. I really like Burrow but I think he throws a couple picks and gets sacked at least 6 times.

RamWoodie

Legend
Hilton shadowed Kupp (last year I think?) when he played for Pittsburgh. Hilton actually did a terrific job limiting Kupp in that game. Of course,, Goff was the QB, so there's that.

Hilton is a very underrated/under the radar player in this league. Don't sleep on him having a decent game.
Do you think Kupp has forgotten that game? No way! Different "Kupp" of tea tomorrow. I know how well Hilton plays...but Stafford is at the gun now and Kupp is a lot more savvy also. It's going to be a good matchup no doubt but Kupp is going to to be on another level!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Do you think Kupp has forgotten that game? No way! Different "Kupp" of tea tomorrow. I know how well Hilton plays...but Stafford is at the gun now and Kupp is a lot more savvy also. It's going to be a good matchup no doubt but Kupp is going to to be on another level!
It was in 2019 & that was game Oline had multiple injuries.. I think Brian Allen went down that game… Goff was hit a ton and was just bad.

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay and Stafford need to be patient vs the Bengals zone.
They don't need to force deep shots. McVay has done this in the last two playoff games.
Control the Bengals run game, tackle well, esp on check downs to the RBs and don't turn the ball over and the Rams should win by double digits.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay and Stafford need to be patient vs the Bengals zone.
They don't need to force deep shots. McVay has done this in the last two playoff games.
Control the Bengals run game, tackle well, esp on check downs to the RBs and don't turn the ball over and the Rams should win by double digits.
It's really interesting... it seems to call for runs.. but doesn't it also call for passing on first down? Keep Bengals out of "and long" situations where they can go to that drop 8 stuff?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think we should flip the script some in this game. Give them what they are not expecting. Show them some of the 8 man coverage looks they liked to play against KC. I feel we can generate at least as much pressure with 3 as they did against Mahomes, which lead to turnovers. We really haven't played that style of D in the past, so I can't see them having had much prep for it. AD, SJD, and Gaines getting after Burrow with 8 covering sounds interesting to me. Yes that does take Miller off the field, but I'd give it some looks.