Lots of people talking about Goff, so lets talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Goff a stud QB who's going to light it up for years to come?

• Yeah, duh

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Pretty obviously that he will

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • What kind of question is this? Of course he will

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • I can't read, but even I know the answer is yes

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • I like the 49ers, please shame me publicly

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chris Simms is the simple son of a window licker.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I just hope he has a better second half. Middle of the pack QB right now.

Ram65

Legend
Many times he makes some great throws. Sometimes he makes some dangerous and questionable throws. He needs to be more consistent. I'm not sure if he is deciding where to go too early and thus not looking over the field for open targets. He doesn't have a lot of help with the offensive line problems both in pass blocking and run blocking. He is young and still learning and growing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
the bottom line here is I watch these fucking games multiple times, then I watch the all-22. And I see a QB who misses too many throws, and makes too many boneheaded decisions for a top QB
I don't doubt you saw that. He does make questionable throws and miss receivers. I would challenge you to scrutinize the other top QB's or any other QB's really with multiple watches and all-22 film. I watch a lot of non-Rams games...and i'm here to tell you that EVERY QB misses guys and make questionable throws same as Goff.

So, i agree with you on your Goff criticism, but i just feel like many critics are being myopic when criticizing him.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
With this OL and lack of running game I'm amazed Goff has done so well this year. As long as he stays healthy, it'll just make him better. He also seems to be keeping that constant demeanor Sean always talks about through it all, too.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff suffers from what I’m now deeming “non flashy-itis” because of QBs like Wilson Cam Mahomes Rodgers (who are all really really good QBs ) making ridiculous plays while running around behind the line of scrimmage and Mahomes “no look pass” and stuff because goff doesn’t make those kinda plays he is considered a worse player

.. I mean people harp on about his int/turnover rate .. guess who else threw a lot on ints (he got a old jacket and a bust in canton )

people aren’t fans of stand in the pocket throwing dimes qb unless they are named Tom Brady ..

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Or less than average, IMO an average QB would have to play 16 games a year. Or at least average 14 games a year, availability is the #1 ability.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Goff suffers from what I’m now deeming “non flashy-itis” because of QBs like Wilson Cam Mahomes Rodgers (who are all really really good QBs ) making ridiculous plays while running around behind the line of scrimmage and Mahomes “no look pass” and stuff because goff doesn’t make those kinda plays he is considered a worse player

.. I mean people harp on about his int/turnover rate .. guess who else threw a lot on ints (he got a old jacket and a bust in canton )

people aren’t fans of stand in the pocket throwing dimes qb unless they are named Tom Brady ..

Just FYI, Goff's INT% of 2.1% in his career, is 9th lowest in NFL history.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just FYI, Goff's INT% of 2.1% in his career, is 9th lowest in NFL history.
Yeah but the main stream media and Reddit and non rams fan don’t care about stupid things like facts and truth ... only that goff is headed to busy territory and can’t do anything that execute what his puppet master HC tells him to..come on man get with the narrative

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The Chargers defense sure made Rodgers look mortal with pressure.

I guess they’ll call that a forgettable game and move on.

jap

Legend
Any QB will look woebegone if enough pressure is applied. I have seen some of the absolute best under pressure (Dan the Man, Montana, Peyton, Drew Brees, the Man named Brady, etc) floundering mightily under stress. That's why it is so ridiculous to me to see media pundits or fans talking about how Jared is helpless under pressure---as if that isn't true about any QB who ever lived!

Fix the OL and watch the Horns take flight through the stratosphere and onward to outer space!