Lost in celebration

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
With a minimum of 10 Pro Bowl caliber players on this team and a truly intelligent coaching staff, every game should be just a matter of time before we pull away.

This makes me pay closer attention to the things that go wrong. The first Raiders series was extended by Brockers jumping into the neutral zone. We lost a converted third down because apparently it’s okay to mug a receiver repeatedly from beginning to end. Then Donald is not only robbed of a sack, they called roughing the passer because he ended low on Carr as he was being cut blocked.

The entire game I was waiting for ONE SINGLE SOLITARY TOKEN glance of Jared Goff in the general vicinity of a tight end. It never happened. It wasn’t until the second half that McVay allowed Kromer to run the kind of plays that make Gurley’s talent shine. And though the Raider’s interior OLine is excellent, I expect far better penetration by Donald and Suh on a consistent basis.

These are the kind of things that used to signify the Rams would lose a game. Lady Luck and Any Given Sunday are excuses for the bovine herd. This team is truly accountable from the top down. While the Raiders are woefully equipped in talent, the coaching is impressive yet not nearly enough for this game.

To me, the best thing that happened this weekend outside the standings is the health of our team. As long as that ONE factor goes our way, I won’t accept that we should lose any game this year. I suspect the entire organization feels the same way even if they would be foolish to verbalize it.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Raiders have a lot of talent on O.
Not so much on D.
No reason to throw to the TE if the game/defense/matchups are getting WRs open.
The Rams had 19 plays on offense in the first half, not counting the kneel down to end the half. Hard to get any one player going with that few.
That said, 19 plays and 10 points? Not too bad.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
In the 1st half, Gruden had Carr get the ball out of his hands fast, he knew that would negate the Rams interior pass rush. he also went to the TE (Cook) because he knew a LB would be on him.

In the 2nd half, Wade put an extra DB in and put Talib on Cooks, who shut him down.

Give this game to Wade Phillips for making the half time adjustments that shut out the Radiers in the 2nd half.

McVay also realized he needed to control the clock with sustained drives, giving Gurley the ball and thus opening up everything else in the 2nd half.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
In the 1st half, Gruden had Carr get the ball out of his hands fast, he knew that would negate the Rams interior pass rush. he also went to the TE (Cook) because he knew a LB would be on him.

In the 2nd half, Wade put an extra DB in and put Talib on Cooks, who shut him down.

Give this game to Wade Phillips for making the half time adjustments that shut out the Radiers in the 2nd half.

McVay also realized he needed to control the clock with sustained drives, giving Gurley the ball and thus opening up everything else in the 2nd half.
I think what we will definateky be seeing this year is a lot of holding penalties on the opposing offensive line. While our Dline names were not called out, Oakland’s offensive line certainly was and that’s almost as good.. Their game plan was affected for sure to the point they were unable to sustain it and once they got behind.. forget it!!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

We saw a head coach take another step forward with adjustments that not only made a difference but made sense.

This is what we wanted in last years playoffs with Atlanta.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looking forward to the Viking game VRF, We're in sec 23L row 73, almost nose-bleeds but what the heck, tix were free. Games is almost sold out already.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Looking forward to the Viking game VRF, We're in sec 23L row 73, almost nose-bleeds but what the heck, tix were free. Games is almost sold out already.
I can't wait either!

Thanks for the invite, we'll hook up in Carson.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect the entire organization feels the same way even if they would be foolish to verbalize it.

Gurley let it slip when interviewed on espn after the game. He was asked how is it possible for them to lose a game and he joked they won't. Then his expression said, "did i just say that" and he started taking about something else.