LosAngelesRams, 2013 NFL Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Hello ROD Members!,

By 16th i believe Warmack will be off the board so, lets get to it. :twisted:

Edit: sorry i forgot to mention this is off the ranking system from CBS, i could not find another ranking system & I'm not a insider :(
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings</a>

16th Pick, Kenny Vaccaro.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMkI4Sbo-U[/youtube]
zBkZ45I.jpg

Strengths
NFL starting combo safety material with a very good blend of overall strength and athleticism. Often used as a nickel back despite a thick overall build. Very loose hips and good overall change-of-direction ability. Locks onto slot receivers at the line and has the agility and straight-game speed to stay with them on out routes and downfield. Physical with receivers trying to block him in the run game, has the strength to rip off and make a stop. Solid open-field tackler, uses great effort and his upper-body strength to drag down ball carriers. Strong off the edge as a blitzer, has bend to turn the corner and gets physical with running backs standing in his way. Flashes the hands and body control to catch passes away from his body. Good change of direction ability and shows the range to play the half-field in Cover Two. Attacks downhill against the run well, running the alley aggressively from deep-half coverage.
Weaknesses
Used extensively in man coverage and around the line, must continue improving as a reliable back-half defender against the pass and last line of defense against long runs. One-speed player who lacks burst. Is not quite agile or fast enough to stick with better NFL receivers, backpedal is high and stiff, can be out-quicked in space, and loses a step running down the seam. Can get caught freelancing and watching the backfield in zone coverage, and will bite on play action. Knee injury ended his senior season in high school after three games. Can fill downhill out of control, losing his leverage on the ball carrier and missing tackles. Doesn’t always take good angles and is prone to running himself too far upfield when he’s the “force” defender.
NFL Comparison
Morgan Burnett
Bottom Line
Vaccaro is a confident, athletic All-Big 12 performer with potential as a combo safety (14 pass break-ups the past two seasons, often playing as a nickel back). He still needs to improve his instincts as a last line of defense. An athlete whose aggressive nature and man coverage skills will be coveted, Vaccaro figures to be one of the first safeties selected in April’s draft, most likely in the second or third round -- much higher than his uncle, A.J. Johnson, a sixth-round pick out of Texas State in 1989 who played cornerback in the NFL for seven seasons and was a member of the Super Bowl XXVI-winning Washington Redskins.

22nd Pick, D.J. Fluker.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA297HPCrBQ[/youtube]
FWg7KIW.jpg

Strengths
Tall, long, thick right tackle prospect with huge hands and a solid (not sloppy) build. That pure size gives him the power to collapse the edge to create running lanes. Defensive ends must be very quick off the snap to beat him on their initial pass rush move because of his length and hustle. Has improved his anchor against bull-rushes, wide base and length make him tough to move. Flashes footwork to reach linebackers at the second level, who can’t separate from him once he locks on. Shows some bend for his size in his stance, can get low to cut-block on quick passes and in short-yardage situations.
Weaknesses
Gives up too many secondary rushes, lacks recovery speed to stay in front of his man if the quarterback holds onto the ball. Must get his hands up more quickly to sustain blocks, both in pass protection and in the run game. Quicker players in space can avoid him if they see him coming. Loses his balance regularly when overextending towards his target, often ending up on the ground.
NFL Comparison
Phil Loadholt
Bottom Line
Though not as dominant or purely athletic as the Tide’s last mammoth pro tackle prospect, Andre Smith, Fluker has the girth, length, and respectable movement skills to become a top-notch starting right tackle. His struggles were apparent against Western Kentucky, but when Fluker can get his hands on the pass rusher in a balanced position, his opposition has no chance of winning the individual battle.

46th Pick, Alec Ogletree.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZOXZcRZNM[/youtube]
1eSppUO.jpg

Strengths
Has excellent speed for the position, can turn on the jets to chase plays down form behind. Beats blocks with hand quickness, plays the position like a safety with a chance to build a frame like a linebacker. That helps undercut blocks to make tackles for loss from behind. Can really hit when he wants to. Attacks blockers with authority. Best at closing on the edge, when running back looks to bounce outside or the quarterback scrambles out of the pocket. Flashes plays where he looks possessed, like nothing will stop him. Stick to running backs out of the backfield in coverage, even with a slip he has enough closing speed to be reliable in coverage. Attacks the football when tackling in the hopes of creating a fumble. Outstanding straight-line speed. Plays loose.
Weaknesses
Rarely uses hands to fight with blockers despite an aggressive mentality. Overruns a lot of plays between the tackles, struggles to recover. Has a lot of issues dealing with second level blocks from the offensive line, rarely can work over top of them, there winds up walled off. Run and chase player at this point, loses gap integrity with false or wasted steps. Dives or lunges for a lot of tackles rather than running through them and wrapping up. Mentality changes when attacking an offensive lineman compared to a running back.
NFL Comparison
Thomas Davis
Bottom Line
It is tough to question Ogletree's athleticism at the linebacker position. Just watching him close on runs or swing passes on the edge is worth the price of admission. Despite playing the last two years at inside linebacker in the Bulldogs 3-4 defense, it would not be surprising to see Ogletree make the switch to weakside linebacker in a defense that uses a four man front. The reason being is the junior struggles to get over top of blocks but does his best work chasing and closing. Expect the Bulldog to be a three down player if he cuts down on wasted steps. Since Ogletree is expected to impress in workouts, expect him to be a top-50 selection.

78th Pick, Da'Rick Rogers.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujDgel3evAI[/youtube]
5XBSy5o.jpg

Strengths
Physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.
Weaknesses
Off-field maturity and on-field effort have been issues. Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down.
NFL Comparison
Greg Little
Bottom Line
Rogers is a physical specimen with strong hands who overpowered defenders in his routes and after the catch on his way to second-team All-SEC status in 2011 (67 catches, 1,040 yards, nine TDs), and to a dominating season (78 catches for 1,207 yards and 11 TDs) while at Tennessee Tech. His immaturity off the field caused him to be dismissed from Tennessee before the 2012 season, and thus the biggest questions with Rogers will be about character concerns. While he's not a quick-twitch, vertical threat, Rogers is a big, physical receiver who works well across the middle, and has a tremendous deal of talent.

113th Pick, Christine Michael.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU[/youtube]
vmBqTqc.jpg

Strengths
Low center of gravity back with good thickness throughout his frame to take and give out punishment. North-south runner who uses his strong legs to burst out of the hole to eat up six or seven yards in a hurry. More speed in the open field than you’d expect given his size, sets up defenders in the open field for a dangerous cut on the run. Capable of strong cuts on stretch plays, runs with lean and balance to blast or step through arm tackles near the line. Also willing to spin off tackles to free himself in space or stretch for an extra yard inside. Takes out blitzers with cut blocks in pass protection, also defenders at the second level as a lead blocker.
Weaknesses
Missed the end of both his sophomore and junior seasons due to injury. Not elite in his change of direction ability, will round some cuts and gets tripped up trying to change field. Will spin away from situations instead of taking what he can get. Ball security can be an issue, will run with the ball away from his frame (three fumbles in 2011). Not often targeted in the passing game, must prove he can be a reliable receiver. Whiffs too often when trying to land a punch in pass protection, and gets pushed back too easily when man-up.
NFL Comparison
Chris Ivory
Bottom Line
Scouts like Michael’s blend of low-center of gravity power and speed in exactly the same way that opposing defense don’t; but he must stay healthy to fulfill his promise after managing to play in just 13 games (with an impressive 1,530 yards and 12 touchdowns in that span) over the last two seasons due to a broken right leg in 2010 and a torn left ACL in 2011.

149th Pick, Xavier Nixon.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTsYtdpUzu0[/youtube]
QYRGERN.jpg

Strengths
Presents a long, athletic build, and when balanced, he can utilize that length and his lateral agility to maintain distance with edge rushers. Anchors against bull rushes fairly well considering athletic build. Also get leverage and movement on run plays by dropping his hips, extending his arms, and churning his legs to push him man backwards a couple of yards. Had excellent moments as a pass protector against great defensive linemen in the SEC. Athleticism to get to the second level and track moving targets. Flashes the ability to get out in front of off-tackle runs, and his long arms can knock aside oncoming defenders even if he’s not mirroring them.
Weaknesses
Gets in trouble relying too much on his reach, however, and not moving his feet to cut off the corner and inside lane in pass protection. Known for whiffing on his strong punch against better players, and is also apt to lean into his man, opening the door for better opponents to rip down and get free of his grasp. Length is negated by lack of technique. Gets off the ball late at times. His height and sometimes lumbering gait also makes him susceptible to quickness moves from defenders to shed, even after he makes contact. Will give up on plays after initial contact is made. Soft build and has struggled to maintain weight. Has shuffled in and out of the lineup over his career due to injuries and inconsistency.
NFL Comparison
Demetress Bell
Bottom Line
Nixon was a high school All-American and has started at least five games every year he’s been in Gainesville, He has always had the length and the athleticism to be a starting tackle in the NFL. Consistency has always been a major issue for Nixon, and his senior campaign was no different. He didn’t vastly improve from a technique standpoint, and doesn’t fully utilize his length, athleticism, and surprising strength. A team will likely take a gamble on him in the late rounds, hoping to light a fire under him and get the most out of his potential.

184th Pick, Braxston Cave.
pOTfko5.jpg

7GVTfAt.jpg

Strengths
Tough-as-nails center with good overall strength and the intelligence to lead an NFL line. Gives good effort to sustain run blocks through the play, whether it’s a reach block or chasing down Mike linebackers when asked. Good enough feet to move to correct blocking angle while engaged. Displays bend and a punch to knock linebackers away from the play in space. Flashes mirror ability when man-up in pass pro, won’t be bull-rushed when in balance. Brings a big punch to help either of his guards, knocks defenders sideways. Reliable shotgun snapper, hands get up quickly to handle tackles trying to beat him off the snap.
Weaknesses
Not overly athletic and possesses average size and strength. Stiff, lacks quickness, and balance. Stops his feet and bends at the waist in one-on-one blocks, better tackles can pull down and disengage. Quicker second-level targets will avoid his advance or get back into play after initial contact. Struggles to recover when initially beaten.
NFL Comparison
Bill Nagy
Bottom Line
Growing up about 20 minutes from South Bend and being named after a former Notre Dame player made it quite likely a high school All-American like Cave would suit up for the Irish. Cave earned third-team All-American honors his senior year in part due to his toughness, and intangibles. However, Cave isn't very athletic, or overally strong. He's not very quick, and rarely recovers when beaten. In order to improve, he will have to be more efficient in winning with his hands, and maintaining adequate balance.

222nd Pick, Rodney Smith.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-sZDv0W0s4[/youtube]
TXcBUPi.jpg

Strengths
Tall vertical threat who is a surprisingly smooth runner in his routes. Displays excellent agility for his size. Can challenges defenses vertically from the slot or down the sideline. Good concentration to use his height and vertical on jump balls, also to track passes over his shoulder down the sideline. Uses his length, quickness, and attitude to attack blocking targets in the run game and clear the way for fellow receivers downfield.
Weaknesses
Relatively lean, and must prove he can fight veteran pro corners during the route and in jump ball situations. Height gives corners a big target to hit in press situations. Must show he can sink his hips to run tight routes and separate downfield. Does not get many opportunities to catch passes in Florida State’s offense, will need to show strong hands when regularly targeted. Adjusting to low throws might be an issue at his height.
NFL Comparison
Michael Jenkins
Bottom Line
If you’re looking for height in your receiver, 6-foot-6 Smith has plenty. But he’s also a smooth athlete for his height, who tracks the football well deep. He's also a good blocker in the running game. However, he doesn't always play up to his size and can lose the physicality battle at the catch point.

nighttrain

Legend
not a bad draft at all, a couple of picks i'd disagree, but if Austin gone, first three look good
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect the time, effort and detail put into the picks and analysis. I don't agree with everything and I, personally, wouldn't be overly enthused with some of the picks but we all see draft prospects differently. Those differing perspectives are what make things interesting.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice effort on this!

I'll be shocked if Ogletree lasts to our pick in the 2nd (unless the "off the field stuff" is of bigger concern), but I like your first 3 selections.

I'm not very high on Rogers and would rather scoop up Swoop, Williams, or Patton if one slid to that position (although I think Williams and Patton are gone in the 2nd for sure). But you've probably got Rogers in the right spot (3rd round).

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Im in the camp that we need to draft a WR in the first round, however if the draft unfolded like you have it, I would be stoked.

I think we would be extremely lucky to have Ogletree and Michael fall into our laps where you have them falling to. Especially Michael. Talent wise, he might be the second best RB in this draft. IMO he's a second rounder.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I wouldn't mind that draft, but given how many WR the Rams have scouted, I would be surprised if they waited until the 3rd round to pick one. I also don't think Ogletree falls that far

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice presentation and effort. You also have my favorite name on the board! :twisted: I have a feeling they will be in St Louis for a long long time and that's cool too. Go Rams!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Good work, I just wouldn't be the biggest fan. I like those guys individually, but not my preference now.

Weak year or not, I'd still rather get the top WR or RB early on.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I too am a long time fan of the team so I'm going to assume that your call sign isn't meant to antagonize the St. Louis based Rams fan base.

I don't like your first pick if you assuming that a 4.6 guy can play FS.

I don't like you second pick unless you are assuming he can play LG.

I don't like your third pick because it's not realistic.

I don't like your fourth pick because we don't need another developmental WR.

But the graphics were great.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yea i didn't think Ogletree was going to be there also but i went off this ranking system and it has him as a 2nd round. I was bored lol.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings</a>

fearsomefour

Legend
I listed Rodney Smith in my midround possibilities also, like him. Brings something unique to the mix at the TE spot and at 6' 5" (or 6' 6" depending which report you read) he has tons of run to get bigger and stronger.