Los Angeles Rams Week 3 rookie report leans on S Taylor Rapp’s performance again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As the injuries start to mount, the rooks’ playing time is opening up.

By EddieP@iAmEddieP_ Sep 24, 2019, 12:52pm CDT

NFL: Preseason-Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders

Neville E. Guard-USA TODAY Sports

The Los Angeles Rams went in to First Energy stadium and slugged through a 20-13 win over the Cleveland Browns.
Defensively, it was a masterclass. OBJ was limited to six catches and only 56 yards. Odell’s running mate, Jarvis Landry, was a bit more productive but still held in check — he hauled in three catches for 62 yards. The only Browns player to have a day was RB Nick Chubb with 96 yards on 23 carries.
The offense was a tale of two sides. On one side, the receivers Cooper Kupp (11 catches, 102 yards, two TDs) and Brandin Cooks (eight receptions, 112 yards) went off. They were easily the star performers on that side of the ball. Then there were QB Jared Goff’s three turnovers (fumble, two INTs).
SMH.
Nevertheless, a W is a W. The team is now 3-0, still flawless in the record book.
Here are my rookie reports for Week 3:
(Author’s note: Let me preface this by stating this: Week 3’s grades are full of INC incompletes and N/A not applicable. Its only fair. Some of the rookies were inactive. Others, the sample size too small)

Rookie Report
S Taylor Rapp
Three weeks down, three weeks with Taylor Rapp doing his damn thang! His numbers were not as eye-popping as the other two contests, but at three total tackles, Rapp was more than solid. his play in coverage caused a few incomplete passes.
Again, I reeeaaalllyyy likes this kid.
Grade: B+

RB Darrell Henderson Jr.

Hendo was not used much (at all) in this week’s victory.
Grade: INC

CB David Long Jr.

David Long was another game day inactive casualty. Barring injury or abysmal play from those higher up on the depth chart, this will not change. Ditto for some of the other rooks on this report.
Grade: N/A

OT Bobby Evans

OG Bobby was also a casualty to the game day inactives list. However, with injuries to the offensive line, Evans’ activation on game days is something to keep an eye on moving forward.

DT Greg Gaines

Greg was a victim to the numbers game. He was inactive in Sunday night’s fest. Depth was needed elsewhere.

OT David Edwards

David logged in his usual handful of Special Teams snaps (five). With RG Austin Blythe out with a bum ankle and backup Jamil Demby struggling mightily, it will be fun to see if his number gets called upon in a pinch.
Grade: C

S Nick Scott

Nick Scott continues his ST dominance. He handled 71-percent (17 total) of the snaps on Coach Bones’ unit.
Grade: C+
LB Natrez Patrick

Natrez Patrick is on of the rookies making their majority of money on special teams. He took part in 50-percent (12) ST snaps.

WR Nsimba Webster

The numbers game is simply too much for Nsimba’s hopes of cracking the game day roster. Slots one through four all literally contribute on offense. .

LB Troy Reeder

Troy once again made his money on ST. he went in on 12 snaps (50%).

SierraRam

Recreational User
Al and Chris were a little rough on Rapp. All I see is a ball-hawk, future star. He's always around the ball! Gentlemen, we're good at Safety for a longtime!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Al and Chris were a little rough on Rapp. All I see is a ball-hawk, future star. He's always around the ball! Gentlemen, we're good at Safety for a longtime!

He reads and reacts so fast. He really is a joy to watch.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I must have missed those comments. What did they say?

jjab360

Legend
They commented on the Brown's touchdown pass that he had blown a coverage, and that rookies sometimes do that.
They kept saying he was having a rough night. I missed parts of the game so I possibly missed something but every time I saw him he was where he was supposed to be imo. I thought I remembered seeing two PBUs, one at the end of the game iirc.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
They commented on the Brown's touchdown pass that he had blown a coverage, and that rookies sometimes do that.
Ah yes, now I remember. He bit on the run fake and didn't drop on that play. Fair enough, but I would like to see how PFF grades him so far. He IS a rookie after all, haha.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fun to watch Rapp live as well.
Watched him a series of downs vs NO.
He reads and reacts very quickly.
Wraps up and is a good tackler.
This guy is gonna a steak where we got him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I remember Chris and Al commenting on how Rapp was having a rough night and I had to take a double take. He was in position all game and yeah, he got beat on one play. Then of course, he plays a sure TD pass perfectly. I really hate how Chris just talks to hear himself talk. Some of the shit that spews from his pie hole just grates on my nerves.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I remember Chris and Al commenting on how Rapp was having a rough night and I had to take a double take. He was in position all game and yeah, he got beat on one play. Then of course, he plays a sure TD pass perfectly. I really hate how Chris just talks to hear himself talk. Some of the shit that spews from his pie hole just grates on my nerves.

This^^

I remember hearing that and saying WTF? to myself. At times I don't think Chris even watches the game. He just slobs over people knobs that he's in love with. He gave us a few compliments but not much. I remember when Rapp defended that last pass to cooks and then one in the endzone which would have been a TD and didn't give him much credit. It's fine tho, I want chris to eat his foot on Sunday night football against the 9ers. But I'm sure he'll chalk it up to the 9ers having a terrible night if we do indeed blow them out.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fun to watch Rapp live as well.
Watched him a series of downs vs NO.
He reads and reacts very quickly.
Wraps up and is a good tackler.
This guy is gonna a steak where we got him.

were you hungry when you posted this?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I remember hearing that and saying WTF? to myself. At times I don't think Chris even watches the game. He just slobs over people knobs that he's in love with.

Someone please explain how this SOB keeps his job, is he screwing Goodell?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think he'll be a good, consistent player if used correctly (and he stays healthy). My comparison for him is Morgan Burnett. Smart, versatile safety who will be outstanding in the box. Great M2M coverage skills against TEs and HBs, reliable in zone, and exceptional tackler with the instincts to plug holes in the running game.

They kept saying he was having a rough night. I missed parts of the game so I possibly missed something but every time I saw him he was where he was supposed to be imo. I thought I remembered seeing two PBUs, one at the end of the game iirc.

He blew a coverage. That's why I think they said that. Beyond that, he was fine. He missed a tackle on that huge screen pass, but it was an extremely difficult tackle to make in space. He at least slowed down Chubb enough.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I hear Chris Collinsworth and all I can think of is Gallaxhar from Monsters versus Aliens saying: Silence! Your voice is grating on my ear nubs!"

f922fbd4-eca0-4b1b-878f-55e59505b2fa_screenshot.jpg