Los Angeles Rams way-too-early 53-man roster prediction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take a look at your overthecap.com picture. Notice it says Pre-June 1st.
Go back to that site and change it to trade or cut POST June 1st and you'll see that the 2024 dead cap number goes from $2,850,000 to $950,00. The remaining dead cap figure is spread to 2025 & 2026.
I dont think that's true
25 and 26 are voidable years so the hit will come in 24, which is why I showed sportrac

Tano

Legend
This defense is starting to look....not so terrible to me.

AD comes on strong, at least two of the rookies prove to be solid pass rushers, Hoecht and Jones take a step forward, Fuller comes back and plays well, Durant becomes a decent starter, Tomlinson plays well...if even half of that happens, our defense is probably the same statistically as it was last season.
Likely - no but it is possible

I just see too many first and second year players on this defense (especially the reserves)

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont think that's true
25 and 26 are voidable years so the hit will come in 24, which is why I showed sportrac
No. It's true. Check the link and you'll see that the Rams have $2 million in dead money for Andrew Whitworth this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. It's true. Check the link and you'll see that the Rams have $2 million in dead money for Andrew Whitworth this year.

IIRC Whitworth officially retired after June 1 2022 so his cap hit was spread over 2 seasons. Like a post June 1 cut. I don’t think you can spread out dead money over years which don’t have a contract

Memphis Ram

Legend
IIRC Whitworth officially retired after June 1 2022 so his cap hit was spread over 2 seasons. Like a post June 1 cut. I don’t think you can spread out dead money over years which don’t have a contract
Ok. We will have to agree to disagree.
I'm going to go with the salary cap expert on overthecap.com.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok. We will have to agree to disagree.
I'm going to go with the salary cap expert on overthecap.com.
Lol. Whatever man. Doesnt even change the point.
And I looked it up and am correct on Whitworth.
Sportrac disagrees with OTC as well.

**EDIT**
“Once a player reaches the void years portion of their contract and they are not re-signed to a new contract for that team, all the bonus money prorated onto the void years is accelerated to that year for cap purposes.”

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Lol. Whatever man. Doesnt even change the point.
And I looked it up and am correct on Whitworth.
Sportrac disagrees with OTC as well.

**EDIT**
“Once a player reaches the void years portion of their contract and they are not re-signed to a new contract for that team, all the bonus money prorated onto the void years is accelerated to that year for cap purposes.”

You got me there. I read overthecap.com wrong. The lower number on later years are if said player is cut the prior season.

That said, 2023 $3.9 million cap savings is hardly minimal for a team tight up against the cap with few ways to obtain more cap space. Again, they've got to sign draft choices AND have enough to make it through the season.