Los Angeles Ram's Sean Mcvay Introductory Press Conference.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He'll be successful as long as he doesn't take the boy genius thing seriously.

We're on the up and up boys!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's one of the smoothest and most prepared speakers I've seen in a while as a head coach. LA media are already all over his nuts too, which is great for us. From that aspect he's the best fit of all those guys that were on their list.

And Marshall's comments about him echo what many of us feel, too. You never know with a HC hire, but man... This guy just has a genuine element to him that reminds me personally of Pete Carroll. Energetic and honest, confident and extremely knowledgeable. Great days ahead for us!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody else notice a change in Snead? He looks much more calm and relaxed, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. I didn't like how he disappeared from sight last year. Hope we see some great things from him this off season.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Anybody else notice a change in Snead? He looks much more calm and relaxed, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. I didn't like how he disappeared from sight last year. Hope we see some great things from him this off season.

He acted more like old Les,the Les prior to this last season. This season, from the post draft on he just seemed....off. I know lots of folks say it's because his work is primarily in the off season, which is true, but he just didn't seem right after the draft and through the season.

I have to go back and watch the Danni/Sean interview again. What struck me was that when asked about Wade and his defense he never outright said we would be going to a 4-3. Yeah, we'll adjust to players strengths and adapt, but sounded to me like a modified 3-4 was a real possibility.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He acted more like old Les,the Les prior to this last season. This season, from the post draft on he just seemed....off. I know lots of folks say it's because his work is primarily in the off season, which is true, but he just didn't seem right after the draft and through the season.

I have to go back and watch the Danni/Sean interview again. What struck me was that when asked about Wade and his defense he never outright said we would be going to a 4-3. Yeah, we'll adjust to players strengths and adapt, but sounded to me like a modified 3-4 was a real possibility.
And as we've discussed Wade's 3-4 isn't drastically different from GW's 4-3. We won't have problems with any switch that's made.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/13/...seph-sean-mcdermott-doug-marrone-anthony-lynn

Assessing the New Head Coaches
by Albert Breer

Los Angeles Rams

New coach: Sean McVay
Previous position: Redskins offensive coordinator
Previous HC experience: none
Why: The Rams’ list at the outset was completely comprised of NFL assistants for a reason—the team’s idea was to worry less about hiring the guy who’s a big deal now than it was to find the next big thing. And that’s why McVay was a logical candidate from the beginning, his age (he turns 31 later this month and is the youngest head coach in NFL history) be damned.

Here’s the bottom line: Had McVay spent a fourth year as Washington’s offensive coordinator and repeated the success he had the last two seasons, he’d have been the belle of the 2018 coaching-carousel ball. So the Rams jumped a year early, which is smart, because they won’t have an opening next year, and the makeup of the team is such that McVay can grow into the job.

Good luck finding someone who’s worked for McVay who thinks this is anything but a grand slam hire. Bottom line—this is good for the Rams, it’s good for Jared Goff, and everyone will see why this makes sense when they see the energy McVay will infuse here.

He has the same forward-thinking, program-building strengths that P.J. Fleck and Tom Herman have brought to the college game, and that’s in addition to being a prodigy of offensive football.

Questions: OK, youth. Questions with young coaches usually involve their ability to reel a team back in when the you-know-what hits the fan, and you never really know how a coach will handle that until he’s in it. But McVay’s leadership style figures to be different, and he plans to surround himself with an experienced staff.

Testimonial: “He’s really smart—great with the X’s and O’s and a great communicator,” said one Redskins staffer. “He’s wise beyond his years. He’ll do great.”

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sean McVay first sit down as the coach of the Los Angeles Rams.

When he starts talking about the roster/defense close your eyes and it sounds just like Gruden. It's crazy, Demoff mentioned it, but hearing it for yourself is pretty funny.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Isn't that Case Keenum's number?

ap17013818954261-e1484349314983.jpg

AP

He's young enough to be a player/coach...