Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Sean McVay downplays trade potential amid injury crisis, three-game losing streak

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If you’re buying what McVay’s selling, don’t hold your breath for any trades...

By 3k@3k_ Oct 14, 2019, 8:29pm CDT

Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Sean McVay watches from the sidelines during the Week 5 game against the Seattle Seahawks, Oct. 3, 2019.

Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Sean McVay watches from the sidelines during the Week 5 game against the Seattle Seahawks, Oct. 3, 2019. Photo by Alika Jenner/Getty Images

With the Los Angeles Rams suffering from a variety of injuries on their roster amid a three-game losing streak, many fans have been calling for the team to look to the trade market to bolster the roster ahead of the deadline two weeks from tomorrow.
At his media remarks today though, Rams Head Coach Sean McVay poured cold water on the potential for any significant moves:
Those are things that (General Manager) Les (Snead) and I would discuss. If we felt like it was somebody in that the short term, but then also you have a long-term perspective on that would help us, those are things that we’re always looking into. He does a great job of kind of having a pulse for the entirety of the league and guys that might be available. When I say that, I don’t think we’re looking outside to fill that void immediately. We’re looking really potentially outside for guys that would come in and bring maybe veteran depth, but not to come in and play. I think we’ve got the expectation that we can fill the starting spot from within our building and that’s the plan that we do have. We’re continuing to look at, all right what are those things around the league? What does it look like? We’ll always explore those options.
So while fans may be displeased with the offensive line and the three-game losing streak, McVay seems to be suggesting fans need not hold their breath for the arrival of Washington Trade Partners OT Trent Williams.
The Rams built this team. They’re sticking with it. That might be a sign of confidence that fans could hold on to while things look bleakest.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
McVay has certainly learned how to smokescreen ...

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
McVay is having his first losing streak. He is handling himself well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Really? I noticed his press meetings (and answers) are getting shorter.

There's not much to say. They know what they have to fix and haven't done it, yet. He's still positive, but clearly humbled as every NFL HC has been at one point or another...or many times in some cases...

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
There's not much to say. They know what they have to fix and haven't done it, yet. He's still positive, but clearly humbled as every NFL HC has been at one point or another...or many times in some cases...

Agreed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Funny enough, his answers have gotten longer and more upbeat again.

Ramsey doesn't help the OL directly, but when the organization makes trades that specifically say, "we're spending future capital because we believe in YOU guys...NOW", I think the entire locker room has to be feeling a bump.

It's not just a fresh start for Ramsey with the Rams, but the entire team...