Los Angeles Rams Fantasy football preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

With the 1st pick in the fantasy draft do you choose Gurley?

• Don't get the #1 pick ever so I don't worry about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Los Angeles Rams Fantasy football preview
227364_4ae7d1b104b9454ba4e72ea41c0bd623~mv2_d_1920_1281_s_2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-post/2016/08/18/Los-Angeles-Rams-Fantasy-football-preview

August 18, 2016 | By : Jake Ellenbogen

The L.A. Rams open up the regular season September 12th, and if you play fantasy football here is a look at the Rams from a fantasy football perspective.

Must-have Rams

Todd Gurley, RB - Well there is not much to say that has already said about the former Georgia product. The only debate fantasy wise is this, "Should you draft Todd Gurley number one overall?". I have the answer for you and the answer is yes and here's why:

• He's the number one back on the team by a country mile

• He is going into the 2016 season fully healthy unlike last year

• Gurley is the obvious focal point of the Ram offense

• He is only going to improve with better QB play and that play can only go up from here

• The Rams will use Gurley in the passing game much more often

• If you are tied between Gurley and Peterson then your tie-breaker should be who you would rather root for. Well if you are a Rams fan then that is a no-brainer
Average draft position: 1st overall-5th overall

Rams D/ST - Every year the Rams have a formidable defense and especially fantasy. The Rams have the best defensive line in all of football that should get you sack after sack. Hard-hitting players such as linebacker/safety Mark Barron, new starting safety Maurice Alexander and safety T.J. McDonald should force some fumbles during this season. Ball hawk shutdown corner Trumaine Johnson is coming off a breakout season in which he had seven interceptions. All in all this unit should net you a top five fantasy defense if they perform to their fullest.

Average draft position: 2nd-to-last round

Tavon Austin, WR - Austin has not been the most reliable fantasy option but he did enjoy a season in which he had ten total touchdowns. He also is looking at the same offensive coordinator Rob Boras calling the shots as well as respected new-comer former Bears WR coach now turned rams passing game coordinator and WR coach -- Mike Groh. Austin should end up having the rookie no. 1 overall pick throwing to him too so this could be the season Austin finally catches 100+ balls and flirts with 800-1,000 yards. If he does that he could be a highly coveted fantasy player.

Average draft position: 9th round

Tyler Higbee, TE - Make this pick towards the end of the draft and no one will know what you just did. Tyler Higbee might already be the best receiving option on the Rams. With a rookie quarterback in Jared Goff and an offense with heavy emphasis on tight ends Higbee could shine early on. He already has looked good in camp don't miss out on him when he becomes a waiver-wire steal halfway through the year. You are the only one who will think of drafting him so pull the trigger.

Average draft position: Undrafted

Rams to monitor

Jared Goff, QB - I personally would avoid him at all costs but maybe that's because I am superstitious and don't like having Rams QB's. Anyway Goff is a guy to monitor he most likely won't have a ROY season. However if he does explode be ready to scoop him up in free agency. I could see any scenario with Goff the issue is that rookie quarterbacks are often times hit-or-miss.

Read more...