Los Angeles Rams fan with stage four cancer is finally coming home

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://ramblinfan.com/2016/03/07/los-angeles-rams-fan-with-stage-four-cancer-is-finally-coming-home/

phoenix.jpg

Over 30 straight days in the hospital, Los Angeles Rams Fan Phoenix Murillo with stage four liver cancer is finally coming home!

In five and a half years, Phoenix has triumphed over more pain and adversity than most could imagine in a lifetime. It’s incredible to think of the amount of strength and power coming from this young rams fan. Phoenix was born with kidney failure at the time of birth and the doctors expected the worse to come for the Murillo family.

However Phoenix was not going to give up one bit. At two weeks old, he had both of his kidneys removed from him, and kept getting stronger. After the surgery he underwent dialysis three-four days a week for the next three and a half years. Dialysis is a procedure that is a substitute for many of the normal functions of the kidneys. Dialysis allows patients with kidney failure a chance to live productive lives.

It would take about 10 months in the hospital before he was healthy enough to go home for the first time. With being taken care of at home, Phoenix was ready to receive a kidney transplant from his father George at three and a half years old. Things were starting to look up for the Murillo family.

After a successful transplant, the Los Angeles fan was on the road to a better life. Unfortunately tragedy would strike after his 5th birthday. Phoenix was diagnosed with stage four liver cancer which would attach to his lungs. He is in fact the only five-year old to ever be diagnosed with his type of cancer. The doctors were put in a very tough situation on what to do next to save the rams fan life.

Phoenix would undergo chemotherapy for the next six months, until his tumor on his liver was able to be performed on. Thankfully this month, his chemotherapy would work and his tumor would decrease in size. In February Phoenix would have surgery to remove the tumor from his liver. After complications and another hospital visit, he was on another long road to recovery.

On his road to recovery, Phoenix had one goal in mind and that was to see his Rams finally play in Los Angeles. Thankfully the Rams brought the party to him on February 22nd. Phoenix was in his hospital bed at Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA when former Rams running back Eric Dickerson and Rams mascot “Rampage” dropped in to cheer him up and bring a few gifts.

During the meeting, Phoenix was surrounded by autographed footballs, pictures and T-shirts. Phoenix had the biggest smile on his face. Dickerson went on and talked about how he wants this family to hear good news soon.

“You stay here a lot of nights just praying and hoping that something will change in their life and they may get better,” Dickerson said.

Life was getting better for Phoenix, and exactly 14 days after his special visit from the legendary Rams running back, he would get some great news. Phoenix Murillo is finally leaving the hospital and coming back home. According via Facebook, his father George posted a photo of Phoenix with the caption “After being in the hospital over 30 straight days in the hospital we finally get to go home..

We love you Phoenix and hope to see you at the LA Coliseum very soon. Go Rams!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Welcome home Phoenix, hope to see you in the Coliseum on opening day.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
ED seems like a pretty genuine guy. Praying for Phoenix

Last edited:

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
God bless the little guy. May Phoenix rise from the flames of his cancer to soar thru an exceptional life.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
As a father I can't imagine the heartache of his family to have to watch their son suffer so much. Best wishes to this young man and his family. We're gonna win him a superbowl this year.

...on a side note...anyone know where to get one of those hoodies ?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
As a father I can't imagine the heartache of his family to have to watch their son suffer so much. Best wishes to this young man and his family. We're gonna win him a superbowl this year.

...on a side note...anyone know where to get one of those hoodies ?

Unfortunately I DO know. My son had a brain tumor a few years back and it was hard to see him suffer and loose his hair, lose weight and to not be able take it from him. Michael is healed and clean for almost 5 years but the Chemo damages the body.

It really helped strengthen my faith and learn to trust God. That he can work through all things for His glory.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fuck...you know.
Nothing worse than a child suffering.