Los Angeles Rams DL Michael Brockers misses practice again on intermediate injury report for Week 2 vs. New Orleans Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We might have an injury issue on Sunday...

By 3k@3k_ Sep 12, 2019, 7:01pm CDT

NFL: Los Angeles Rams-Minicamp

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Los Angeles Rams are taking on the New Orleans Saints in Week 2, and it looks like we might have our first injury impact of the regular season per the intermediate injury report:

2019 Los Angeles Rams Week 2 injury report
NamePOSInjuryWed. StatusThu. Status
Eric WeddleSConcussionLimitedLimited
Clay MatthewsLBBackDNPLimited
Andrew WhitworthTNot Injury Related-DNP
Michael BrockersDLShoulderDNPDNP

While S Eric Weddle remains in the concussion protocol and LB Clay Matthews was upgraded to limited participation, the concern is over DL Michael Brockers. He missed a second consecutive practice with a shoulder issue. Unless it gets significantly better tomorrow, he might be listed as doubtful at best for the game. If he isn’t able to go, it could be an interesting rotation on the line that might see rookie NT Greg Gaines active after being among the inactives in Week 1.

Not a ton of movement on the Saints’ side of the report:
2019 New Orleans Saints Week 2 injury report
NamePOSInjuryWed. StatusThu. Status
Ted GinnWRIllnessDNPFull
Marcus WilliamsSGroinLimitedLimited
Mario EdwardsDTHamstringLimitedLimited
Sheldon RankinsDTAchillesLimitedLimited
Craig RobertsonLBHamstringLimitedLimited
Ryan RamczykTThigh-Limited
The big news is that Saints OL Ryan Ramczyk picked up a thigh injury today. We’ll have to see his status tomorrow.
Final injury reports and game designations in about 24 hours.

oldnotdead

Legend
Good excuse to sit Brockers and play Ogbo at DE. Both Ogbo and Ebukam play DE better than Brockers anyway. I think since they have Mathews he will replace Brockers with Ebu who is a better all around OLB playing his normal SAM. They should sit Fox and play Ogbo because he's clearly the better pass rusher compared to Fox. Brockers needs to play the rest of the season at DT when he comes back.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good excuse to sit Brockers and play Ogbo at DE. Both Ogbo and Ebukam play DE better than Brockers anyway. I think since they have Mathews he will replace Brockers with Ebu who is a better all around OLB playing his normal SAM. They should sit Fox and play Ogbo because he's clearly the better pass rusher compared to Fox. Brockers needs to play the rest of the season at DT when he comes back.
Ogbo is an OLB though. He's about 30 pounds lighter than Brockers. I'm not sure that would be ideal vs the run.

Edit: 60 pounds?

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I agree Brockers is best suited inside. He has zero pass rush abilities. But his best attribute is stopping the run. I’d like to see Morgan Fox get more playing time. He looked good in his limited snaps. We need all our pass rushers this game. Matthews, Donald, Fowler, Okoronkwo and Ebukam should be rushing the passer every play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sure appears that rookie NT Gregg Gaines will see his first regular season action this Sunday on the grass.
I was thinking that and possibly bringing Marquise Copeland up from the Practice Squad.
Not sure who the Rams would dump off the 53/MR though? My top two candidates would be KR/PR JoJo Natson or Safety Marqui Christian. Rams don't need 7 wide outs. Christian can't wrapp up a half ham sandwich or clean up spilled milk .If no 53/MR changes are made then NT/DT Tanzel Smart is sure to get a ton of Snaps & Wade will use utilize his 2-4-5 defense.

Most fans think that Morgan Fox beat out John Franklin- Myers......It's my belief that Morgan Fox was not close to being on the bubble. Fox brought four seasons worth of Ram experience to Wade/Henderson's DL ....that just added two rookies (Gaines & Joseph-Day). Plus Franklin-Myers had just 1 season under his belt. Fox gave them the badly needed experience.

The real bubble battle was between Tanzel Smart & JFM's . Smart beat out JF-M's mostly due to the versatility that Smart gave Henderson. Smart can play all three DL posts....JF-M could not.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was thinking that and possibly bringing Marquise Copeland up from the Practice Squad.
If this shoulder injury is serious for a good period then the move up of DT Marquise Copeland is the best band-aid to used to help this big problem heal.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure appears that rookie NT Gregg Gaines will see his first regular season action this Sunday on the grass.

Not sure who the Rams would dump off the 53/MR though? My top two candidates would be KR/PR JoJo Natson or Safety Marqui Christian. Rams don't need 7 wide outs.

I might go with Natson with Weddle just now coming out of concussion protocol, Christian may get a temporary lease. jmo

JRobinson

MiLB
Well, its good for us to see that their DTs are feeling something in the hammy and achilles. Don't know what the tolerance is for those guys, and you never like to see dudes hurt. But, that does give us some sort of favor in the interior of the OLine.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a huge game for the Rams. Brock's shoulder would need to fall off for him to miss it. He will be a go.

But if not... I would move SJD to 5T on run downs and insert Gaines at NT. On pass downs SJD sits and Fox replaces him.

JRobinson

MiLB
According to Lindsey Thiry's twitter, both Brock and Matthews were participants during open portions of practice today... Brock plays.