Los Angeles Rams Depth Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well with Saffold , when he last played RT he was as bad as a young DW !! Maybe he is better at LT.
Not true.
He played very well for a couple of years at LT. Was ok at RT. No one was worse at RT than DW. Haha.
He is clearly the best option as a backup T. Don't know if the team would move him or not if injuries came up.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Corneilius Lucas played LT for Kansas St. He played in every game in his four years there and started all 26 games at LT his last two years

He played 35 games at LT and RT for the Lions and one game started and played every snap at RT for the Rams without allowing a sack.

Evidently he DOES have experience and some ability to play LT.

I'm not saying Lucas is great or the answer at backup LT, but right now as far as the current Rams stable of OL he's by far the best swing OL the Rams have at the moment.

The current group of OL is going to change before the final 53 is set. Lucas and Williams have a good chance of watching football on TV this winter. Both will get lots of reps in pre season games though.
Hard to find much info on Lucas, our current top reserve at T. Here’s an article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/7977/bad-draft-day-could-end-up-good-for-lucas

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not true.
He played very well for a couple of years at LT. Was ok at RT. No one was worse at RT than DW. Haha.
He is clearly the best option as a backup T. Don't know if the team would move him or not if injuries came up.

I think Jamon Brown played better RT than both of them. Actually will find out a lot more this season of what Kromers thoughts are.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Jamon Brown played better RT than both of them. Actually will find out a lot more this season of what Kromers thoughts are.
Brown is the weakest link on the line.
Much improved this last year but still struggled at times.
RT and Brown? Pass on that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brown is the weakest link on the line.
Much improved this last year but still struggled at times.
RT and Brown? Pass on that.

IMO, Brown had a solid year, but he's a guard not a tackle as Aaron Kromer and company found out last year. I will be interested to see growth or I expect some challenges to that position come 2019.

fearsomefour

Legend
IMO, Brown had a solid year, but he's a guard not a tackle as Aaron Kromer and company found out last year. I will be interested to see growth or I expect some challenges to that position come 2019.
Yeah he was so solid at RT last preseason they moved him back to G.
It's an interesting situation because Havenstein is better at this point I think but Browm probably has more upside.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like Jamon Brown ...a lot! JB will go into this 208 TC as the starter First time event. As pointed out above JB did not spend much time @ RG until late pre season. Based on the above I would expect that JB now entering his 4th NFL season & contract year....should have a banner 2018 season for us. Like wise Rob Havenstein will enter TC fully healthy & has concreted himself @ the starting RT post. Once again first time event for big Rob. This right side should be trending upward & ascending in positive overall on field performance. The veteran side (over 30 side) of Sullivan (33 yrs old) -Saffold (30 yr old) -Whitworth (36 yr old) I just hope they can give the same performance as they did in 2017 & that would be wonderful but I would not bet :notsure: that will happen again.

Currently the Rams OL depth appears to be in fair condition @ one position center. There will be serious big issues :eek:for the Rams offense if a OT or OG has an early IR event. :( The real truth here is the six current Ram depth reserve OL'ers are 2 UDFA's & 4 WWC's. Add in that the Rams 2018 draft has 8 rounds but they are mostly very small low bang ammo rounds that work in a cap gun. Rams OL depth could easily be the Rams 2018 Achilles.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I like Jamon Brown ...a lot! JB will go into this 208 TC as the starter First time event. As pointed out above JB did not spend much time @ RG until late pre season. Based on the above I would expect that JB now entering his 4th NFL season & contract year....should have a banner 2018 season for us. Like wise Rob Havenstein will enter TC fully healthy & has concreted himself @ the starting RT post. Once again first time event for big Rob. This right side should be trending upward & ascending in positive overall on field performance. The veteran side (over 30 side) of Sullivan (33 yrs old) -Saffold (30 yr old) -Whitworth (36 yr old) I just hope they can give the same performance as they did in 2017 & that would be wonderful but I would not bet :notsure: that will happen again.

Currently the Rams OL depth appears to be in fair condition @ one position center. There will be serious big issues :eek:for the Rams offense if a OT or OG has an early IR event. :( The real truth here is the six current Ram depth reserve OL'ers are 2 UDFA's & 4 WWC's. Add in that the Rams 2018 draft has 8 rounds but they are mostly very small low bang ammo rounds that work in a cap gun. Rams OL depth could easily be the Rams 2018 Achilles.
Man Bonifay, do you have to be such a downer?:cry: I do agree though that the Oline need a little help, but compared to other teams, we're really not that bad off. For some reason Oline depth is a league wide problem. But between Austin, Neary, Eldrenkamp, Lucas, the draft, and any the Rams can pick up off wavers or direct releases between now and the beginning of the season, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.:D Just have a little faith there friend

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Man Bonifay, do you have to be such a downer?:cry: I do agree though that the Oline need a little help, but compared to other teams, we're really not that bad off. For some reason Oline depth is a league wide problem. But between Austin, Neary, Eldrenkamp, Lucas, the draft, and any the Rams can pick up off wavers or direct releases between now and the beginning of the season, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.:D Just have a little faith there friend
Sorry ReekofRams Ram history has learned me different. I have been a serious Ram fan since around 1966. I have sat & seen the perpetual damage that poor past Rams OL's have done to ruin many seasons.

Our very good & getting better young QB will only be successful if we can give him optimum protection. Many here may elect & want to dismiss Goff 's issues with ball control & handling when he is under moderate amount of pressure....much less when he is being molested. Goff is a liability when not protected. Sorry I can not agree with your statement "need a little help":unsure:.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Sorry ReekofRams Ram history has learned me different. I have been a serious Ram fan since around 1966. I have sat & seen the perpetual damage that poor past Rams OL's have done to ruin many seasons.

Our very good & getting better young QB will only be successful if we can give him optimum protection. Many here may elect & want to dismiss Goff 's issues with ball control & handling when he is under moderate amount of pressure....much less when he is being molested. Goff is a liability when not protected. Sorry I can not agree with your statement "need a little help":unsure:.
Got you beat by two years. Been a ram fan since 64. And in the process I've seen a lot of bad football from the rams, but I've also seen some pretty good teams. And the Rams have had some amazing olines over the years. Saul, Mack, Slater, Newberry. Slaton, and others.

But I cannot say that I've ever felt as excited in the off season as I am now to be a RAM FAN! But I still get depressed when I think about the Super Bowl When the Rams went up against the Steelers, the only Super Bowl that I've missed due to work.

Now for some reason I'm drinking the McVay flavored Kool-Aid. I've never in all my years seen a Rams coach who just seems to know exactly what he's doing, and you can feel the vibe of confidence emanating flowing from him, his coaches, and his players. So I'll keep hope alive until I'm proven wrong.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Got you beat by two years. Been a ram fan since 64. And in the process I've seen a lot of bad football from the rams, but I've also seen some pretty good teams. And the Rams have had some amazing olines over the years. Saul, Mack, Slater, Newberry. Slaton, and others.

But I cannot say that I've ever felt as excited in the off season as I am now to be a RAM FAN! But I still get depressed when I think about the Super Bowl When the Rams went up against the Steelers, the only Super Bowl that I've missed due to work.

Now for some reason I'm drinking the McVay flavored Kool-Aid. I've never in all my years seen a Rams coach who just seems to know exactly what he's doing, and you can feel the vibe of confidence emanating flowing from him, his coaches, and his players. So I'll keep hope alive until I'm proven wrong.

I was living in Lompoc CA (66-67-68) with my parents & the VHF waves got the LA channels in real good. CBS seemed to broadcast the Rams gms If my small one working brain cell is correct. Before that I lived in the SF Bay area & Cocoa Beach Fl were the Rams never were on TV.

McVay offense had an extremely lucky first yr with the Rams. I never seen luck ride so much with the Rams not since 1999 season. Anyway no major injuries in the OL, Backfield or the receiving unit. That's unheard of in my world. I doubt I will live long enough to see that happen again.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I was living in Lompoc CA (66-67-68) with my parents & the VHF waves got the LA channels in real good. CBS seemed to broadcast the Rams gms If my small one working brain cell is correct. Before that I lived in the SF Bay area & Cocoa Beach Fl were the Rams never were on TV.

McVay offense had an extremely lucky first yr with the Rams. I never seen luck ride so much with the Rams not since 1999 season. Anyway no major injuries in the OL, Backfield or the receiving unit. That's unheard of in my world. I doubt I will live long enough to see that happen again.
I was at where I am now, Pocatello Idaho, where the hunting is good and the fish is biting. Basically I'm in the spud state, the potato king. When I was growing up in the sixties tv was all about rabbit ears, and sometimes I was the rabbit ears. But my brothers who were 14 and 15 years older than I was sent to a brand new high school and it was called highland high and yes they were called the Rams. That when at the tender age of 4 started liking the Los Angeles Rams.

Their rams may have been lucky last year, but this year they are better, plus don't forget, we did lose our number one WR last year for a while and we still did alright.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Their rams may have been lucky last year, but this year they are better, plus don't forget, we did lose our number one WR last year for a while and we still did alright.
Your right we did loose our best receiver for 3 games. The only long term IR event that I can recall was the loss of TE Temarrick Hemingway who was a back up. By far the biggest blow to our offense was the final 3 game loss of Greg Zuerlein IMO That really hurt in the game planning for the Falcons gm.