Looks Like we can finally get away from Direct TV.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Not that fast fellas...

Packages range from $199.99 for laptop, computer and phone services (with a student discount available) to $329.99 for the full package on all compatible devices and gaming consoles, including DirecTV's Red Zone Channel and new Fantasy Zone channel.

Of course, there are restrictions.

The service is only available to those who: 1) live in apartment buildings where DirecTV service is unavailable; 2) live in metro New York, Philadelphia or San Francisco; or 3) attend college at Michigan (Ann Arbor), Alabama, Washington, Texas (Austin), USC, Florida, Colorado (Boulder), Syracuse, Ohio State or Harvard.

Did you really think DTV was going to offer you a streaming Sunday ticket that easy? :snicker:

Now I finally have a reason to go back to school to get my masters degree. Phew.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that fast fellas...

Packages range from $199.99 for laptop, computer and phone services (with a student discount available) to $329.99 for the full package on all compatible devices and gaming consoles, including DirecTV's Red Zone Channel and new Fantasy Zone channel.

The service is only available to those who: 1) live in apartment buildings where DirecTV service is unavailable; 2) live in metro New York, Philadelphia or San Francisco; or 3) attend college at Michigan (Ann Arbor), Alabama, Washington, Texas (Austin), USC, Florida, Colorado (Boulder), Syracuse, Ohio State or Harvard.

Did you really think DTV was going to offer you a streaming Sunday ticket that easy? :snicker:

Yes!

Alan

Legend
RamsJunkie with great news for many:
NFL, DirecTV to Offer Streaming Packages of Live Games
Way too expensive for me but thanks for the heads up! (y) :rockon:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You aren't arguing the right point. I am not saying it is not logistically possible, the technology has existed for years. The point is the networks will never let it happen.

Here is the easiest way to think of it. Is your idea an easy way to deliver content in a way that allows the consumer the most convenient access possible so they can enjoy it in the way the consumer chooses? If so, the power players (Fox, CBS, NBC, Disney, and the NFL) are not interested.

Actually I don't think streaming is convenient at all. Every time I try to stream stuff, it works, but it's such as hassle to get everything working right. You can get shows from those major networks from their websites, and if it's a non over-the-air channel like Disney, you have to sign in w/ cable/satellite credentials.

I'm just saying, having streaming availablity of the teams you choose would help the NFL more financially. And I think the bigger question is would ATT/DirectTv allow it, rather than FOX, CBS, NBC, Disney/ESPN.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think most will be happy in the next 3-5 years. I've been in the Cable industry for 20 years. Everything is moving to an all IP network. Meaning more and more content will be delivered over the internet/web. Eventually the TV experience you have today will be delivered to a cable modem rather than a set top box. You'll still have some kind of IP client to connect to but it will be radically different than your experience today. There will always be a fight for premium content like NFL ticket but it's going to happen. Doesn't help you today and traditional video delivery is much cleaner than trying to stream now but that will improve over time. You'll start having 100Meg service then 500 then a gig. Eventually all that wireless buffering will be so fast you won't even notice it. Not yet, but soon.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I am still a little confused as the link leads you to believe it is only if you can't get Direct tv.

Philly5

Rookie
I am considering getting the NFL Audio (radio) live and then doing the NFL Rewind to watch the game on Monday. Going to kill me not watching the games live after using NFL Ticket To Go for last three years.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I just purchased Game Rewind, and will try to stream those free sites on gameday. Too bad direct tv, you could have had 329.00. very poor marketing decision. you will not force me to get your satellite service.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not that fast fellas...

whYfFDU.gif

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
1. Cool beans.
2. Screw you and this $40 more for consoles nonsense, NFL.
3. Give us a freaking plan where we can pay $100 or so and JUST get the games of 1 team!

+1.

I'm cord-cut, and get everything OTA or on-demand. I can record most games over the air to my DVR which is nice, but I'll be out of luck on local games which are not sold out.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
+1.

I'm cord-cut, and get everything OTA or on-demand. I can record most games over the air to my DVR which is nice, but I'll be out of luck on local games which are not sold out.

Plex media server and a DLNA TV are a wonderful thing. Especially if you pair it with some questionable sites :sneaky:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm tempted to get the the $199 package, I'm greedy and I will only be able to watch 4 games (2 against Seattle and the 2 prime time games) the whole season.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Plex media server and a DLNA TV are a wonderful thing. Especially if you pair it with some questionable sites :sneaky:

Not a fan of bare DLNA - tried it and abandoned it in favor of PLEX and the rich metadata it brings in automatically. Pairs nicely with our ROKUs.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not a fan of bare DLNA - tried it and abandoned it in favor of PLEX and the rich metadata it brings in automatically. Pairs nicely with our ROKUs.

I may move to a ROKU. I know what you mean about the bare DLNA, it just doesn't flow very well..and is a bit finicky. Doesn't like to read some files.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I miss my gamepass :(

And ofc dont have direct tv, and ofc dont qualify for the new online shit.

Crappy free streams here i come!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Reading that if i subscribe and download the program "hide my ass" i can change the location of my computer to outside the US and use gamepass. Anyone ever done this or heard about this. Will it conflict with my isp at all?