Looks like the NFL may not have gotten the video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are reports surfacing that no call was ever made to a disposable cell phone from the NFL office and that no tape was ever received there.

The anonymous source is not looking good right now. And if it turns out that this information was not true Bill Simmons is going to look like the biggest asshole out of all the other media idiots that latched onto the story

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There are reports surfacing that no call was ever made to a disposable cell phone from the NFL office and that no tape was ever received there.

The anonymous source is not looking good right now. And if it turns out that this information was not true Bill Simmons is going to look like the biggest arsehole out of all the other media idiots that latched onto the story
Wouldn't be the first time a "journalist" used questionable "sources" there is and was a lot of thought that "deep throat" was a fictional source Woodward and Bernstein made up.
Still the problems need to be addressed on several levels of the game not just the NFL and IMO Goodell has hit critical mass for many (like me) and his cred . is so damaged he really aught to go .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the person making these claims has had plenty of time to come up with stuff and as it has been investigated the possibility that he was lying is increasing.

If it turns out to be not true this is going to be very very interesting.......... and I won't deny that I would like to see all of the jackals in the media embarrassed because they over reacted and we're screaming for something to happen based on a lie. It would be fun to watch dozens of talking heads backtracking as fast as they can lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wouldn't be the first time a "journalist" used questionable "sources" there is and was a lot of thought that "deep throat" was a fictional source Woodward and Bernstein made up.
Still the problems need to be addressed on several levels of the game not just the NFL and IMO Goodell has hit critical mass for many (like me) and his cred . is so damaged he really aught to go .

If he resigns or is forced out it makes no difference to me I don't care about the guy one way or the other anymore. I do think I would enjoy watching the media twist around on thissince they have basically become reality TV shows instead of news outlets.

I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next little while

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
MPO Goodell has Ruined My NFL, and I want him GONE!!!!! ( Gen. Patton may have said "Brevity, AHH Brevity!")

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...it-has-no-evidence-it-received-ray-rice-tape/

NFL insists it has no evidence it received Ray Rice tape
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 26, 2014

It appears it’s going to take Robert Mueller, or either the NFLPA’s investigation, to get to the bottom of this one.

Because even with the Associated Press doubling down on previous reports that the video of Ray Rice punching his wife in the face was delivered to the league offices, the league insists it never saw it.

Via Nancy Armour of USA Today, the league said it had no evidence that the video was delivered to its headquarters.

The AP source said he received a voicemail from an unidentified woman at the league office confirming receipt.

“Our office has found absolutely no evidence to support the claim of the anonymous ‘law enforcement source’ that he sent a video to us or that he received a telephone call to his ‘disposable cell phone’ from an unidentified female using an NFL line,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

As Florio noted this morning, the only way to get to the bottom of this might be Muellertalking to whomever this mysterious source may be.

Absent that, the league has hunkered down on this position.
----------------------
Best comments:

After an exhaustive investigation we have concluded that the dog ate the video tape.
------------------
They should have borrowed Billichicks copy. He has tapes of everything.
------------------
Goodell burned the tape in the same fire pit that he burned the Spygate tapes..

Athos

Legend
Just like how the Spygate tapes were conveniently destroyed before anyone outside the NFL could view them.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Like I'd trust a damn thing from that slimy bastard's mouth.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Maybe it was buried in the same place as Jimmy Hoffa. I say polygraph tests for every league office employee from Goodell to the mail office clerk. IMO, someone received and it was immediately destroyed after viewing it. This is nothing more than a cover-up by Godell and his minions. I really hope they find the "Smoking Gun" in this mess. I am sick and tired of people with clout/power thinking they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
But the anonymous source is said to be in law enforcement and goodell says they are the most reliable sources

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
As the original 2 day suspension was bogus and handed down as a request from the Ravens front office, everything after that was bs from the commishiner! Happy to say that things are closer to being right now! Still don't excuse Goodell as ignorance of the situation is no excuse! :sneaky:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is all moot.
As another poster stated. Goodell didn't give Payton a break do to ignorance. Goodell shouldn't get a break either. Give him the hammer.

Also, they could have very easily gotten the tape from inside the elevator just as easy as the tape from outside the elevator.
They chose to turn away and play the fool.
There is no valid excuse for the NFL S phony ignorance.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
They could and should have asked for it and followed through until it was in there hands, proactively instead of reactively. Irrespective of this it is time to meet situations of abuse head on and not sit back until you are forced to take action.

Philly5

Rookie
Wouldn't any reasonable investigation include a review of that tape? NFL is investigating itself so that should get to the truth.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
my feeling on the tape is it's actually worthless and doesn't really matter one bit the...... suspension in the NFL for domestic violence is two games it always has been for every player for years........ so since they already knew that he punched her in the face and knock her out because he told them that having the tape really added no new information all it did was incite everybody

and I think this anonymous source is angling for money