Looks like Sims is back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good news. We get both Will Hayes and Eugene Sims back.

Yes I concur and with teams spending a ton of money on pass rushers I'm pleased that Hayes and Sims are back....Add a DT in the draft.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Now that Long and Laurinaitis are gone, Sims is the longest member of the Rams with 6 years, right?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Good news in several regards. Hopefully Quin is doing well with his back injury and Sims at least gives us vet insurance. We have moved Westbrooks around quite a bit hopefully this move allows us to let him settle in at LE his best position IMO and develop behind Hayes

markstewart67

Rookie
A while back ago Sims said he would take a cut in pay to stay with the Rams. I knew he was gonna be back. You gotta love his loyalty, I know I do!!

RamBill

Legend
Rams re-sign Eugene Sims

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2016, 10:00 AM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/rams-re-sign-eugene-sims/

The Rams re-signed defensive end William Hayes early in free agency and they’re holding onto another member of their defensive line as well.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Rams have re-signed defensive end Eugene Sims. It’s a three-year deal worth up to $10 million with $3.75 million in guaranteed money.

Sims joined the Rams as a sixth-round pick in the 2010 draft and has been a regular in the lineup since his rookie season. He appeared in 13 games last year, starting nine times, and had 24 tackles, 1.5 sacks, a forced fumble and an interception. He has 9.5 sacks over his entire career.

The Rams now have Hayes and Sims to go with Robert Quinn at the top of the depth chart at defensive end. They released Chris Long before free agency.

jap

Legend
Hopefully he's off the refs crap list but good to have him back.

I would much prefer having The Mighty One off the refs crap list so he could start getting calls for all those choke holds against him. I wonder how many sacks he can collect if the refs simply do their damn job.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just want to see the Rams Draft a real High motor, Bad-Ass DE to replace Chris Long!! Anything less will not satisfy me!! Hayes is good, but he's no Chris Long!!JMO!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I just want to see the Rams Draft a real High motor, Bad-Ass DE to replace Chris Long!! Anything less will not satisfy me!! Hayes is good, but he's no Chris Long!!JMO!!

He"s certain good enogh to take over for the Long of the past couple of years (injured or healthy)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like Eugene Sims he has been a good back up DE for us long time. Its a good thing to have all but one of our pass DE from 2015 season back. Good for Snead/Fisher. Sims played more time in 2015 than in three or four yrs previously. Sims in truth finished 11 games for the Rams @ RDE for Quinn. Sims production @ LDE was no where close to the normal RDE production. Sims could only manage only one 1/2 sacks & only 24 tacks in total those are not good for a DE who finished & played the majority of snaps @ RDE. On the positive Sims is one serious iron clad player who held up under serious heavy duty work assignment(y).

Trying to be positive here on our edge rushers but its hard......Sims & Hayes both lack good pass rushing skills:cautious:. Their best game is in the stopping of the run from the edge. In 2015 Sims produced little of that too. Sims had some big & consistent runs come through his area of responsibility last season. So if Quinn does not fully recover & you are expecting that Sims will be the man to hold up the RDE post .....you might be disappointed.

If Quinn is healthy both he & Sims are a great tag team. Sims best contributions always show up on the field when he comes off the bench in relief of Quinn & when he is used inside the DL in passing situations. I sure hope the Rams defense can use Sims this upcoming 2016 season.