Looks like Quinn hit him in neck, not helmet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-9-8_12-56-5.png

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
upload_2014-9-8_12-58-36.png

Looks like hand couldn't reach helmet from that angle. Maybe the neck is also protected

SierraRam

Recreational User
Bull Shit call by Ed Hercules. It gave them an early lead - but in retrospect, so what.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Bull crap call by Ed Hercules. It gave them an early lead - but in retrospect, so what.

Yes, that's true, but that, with the possible FF and scoop and score which should have been played out, and if it was an incomplete pass then overturned, it was close then. Would Vikings still have dominated? Yeah. With our OL, QB play and blowing plays on defense, yeah. we still get beat. But I like the calls the be right an consistent . . .were Vikes called for anything that affected them?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
believe its neck and higher
fair enough, but he could also be as low as the NFL logo, cannot tell from this angle. But it was NOT a hard hit in any event. I've seen Sam just killed and nothing called.

iced

fair enough, but he could also be as low as the NFL logo, cannot tell from this angle. But it was NOT a hard hit in any event. I've seen Sam just killed and nothing called.

the one's that are "close" and/or are dependent on view angle, those i don't get mad about...

it's the ones like Brockers Helmet to Mccowns chest, no call on the block in the back on Rudolphs TE Screen in the redzone, and the neutral zone infraction on chris long that was obviously a false start.. Those are bad calls that have no excuse

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but Quinn reaching out like that and grazing the QB - I don't give a shit where his hand was - that was NOT roughing the passer. The NFL needs to get this straight. These guys are playing American Football. It's a rough game played at a super intense speed. If Quinn would have ACTUALLY roughed the passer then throw the flag. But throwing a flag like this just makes a mockery of the game and the intent of a pass rusher. Quit being ridiculously protective to the point where flags come out because there MIGHT have been a chance that something happened that you didn't see ACTUALLY happen. It makes everyone question the real penalties. How long has it been that you have heard the mantra that the refs should not even be noticed in the storyline of a game?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Yes, that's true, but that, with the possible FF and scoop and score which should have been played out, and if it was an incomplete pass then overturned, it was close then. Would Vikings still have dominated? Yeah. With our OL, QB play and blowing plays on defense, yeah. we still get beat. But I like the calls the be right an consistent . . .were Vikes called for anything that affected them?

I was keeping track of bad calls and mistakes (Stacy's screen pass drop) at first, but then I lost count! :(

They definitely were keying on our receivers for offensive pass interference. You could go a season without seeing that many of those calls...

Thanks Blue and Gold for your breakdowns!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Yeah, the refs sure don't cut us any slack. Really to be honest I noticed a lot of dumb calls this week. I think the league is going in the wrong direction with all these penalties. It slows the game down and there are so many iffy calls that completely ruin drives or defensive stops. It's getting ridiculous.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
It's getting to the point the games are almost unwatchable. Flag after flag...it really takes the fun out of the game. Justifiable penalties are one thing but there are some calls where you watch the replay and you say to yourself WTH was that!

It makes me wonder if the NFL legal folks are telling the refs to call the penalties so the players cant sue the league later for not protecting them during games. I don't know maybe I'm overthinking this.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's getting to the point the games are almost unwatchable. Flag after flag...it really takes the fun out of the game. Justifiable penalties are one thing but there are some calls where you watch the replay and you say to yourself WTH was that!

It makes me wonder if the NFL legal folks are telling the refs to call the penalties so the players cant sue the league later for not protecting them during games. I don't know maybe I'm overthinking this.

Was thinking the same thing myself.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There were plenty of questionable calls that COULD have made a difference in the outcome and lots of penalties that could have not been called it really does make you wonder why there were not multiple calls for holding against Quinn.

And why didn't Fisher challenge the Quinn hit that was a forced fumble? They acted as if it wasn't a question when if you watched closely Quinn knocked the ball loose before knocking the arm forward. Definitely took 6 away from us on that play.

All of those things also make me think there is hope for these guys yet

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
There were plenty of questionable calls that COULD have made a difference in the outcome and lots of penalties that could have not been called it really does make you wonder why there were not multiple calls for holding against Quinn.

And why didn't Fisher challenge the Quinn hit that was a forced fumble? They acted as if it wasn't a question when if you watched closely Quinn knocked the ball loose before knocking the arm forward. Definitely took 6 away from us on that play.

All of those things also make me think there is hope for these guys yet
because they blew whistle. They are supposed to let those play out so a coach CAN challenge. Now, had it played out and it was rule INCL pass, they was likely not enough evidence to overturn it. But if it were ruled a fumble, and Vikings had to challenge, there would not have been enough evidence to overturn that. So, they are supposed to let it play out.