Looks like it's White !!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont think the Rams can change their uniform til 2019, so this wont be a transitional change.

Scirca

Rookie
Well, that's unfortunate. Guess we want a bland, average look. Really was hoping for the royal blue, canary yellow so that they actually looked like a unique, recognizable brand still.

I'm loving the change. Tell me that this doesn't look good. They look fresh.

13973401756_8a90f5c3b8_o.png

i

A55VA6

Legend
Sorry if this has been posted already:

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/3/14...nt=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The Los Angeles Rams are back in the city they called home for nearly five decades prior to St. Louis and could soon be back in the uniforms that they wore in the 1960s.

According to Uni Watch, the team is set to announce that gold is no longer in the team’s official logo. A document leaked on Twitter and confirmed by Uni Watch as legitimate, shows that the Rams, along with the Detroit Lions and Jacksonville Jaguars, are set to make logo changes before the 2017 season.

The Lions seemingly confirmed the legitimacy of the memo on Wednesday with the announcement of a rebranding which will include the unveiling of new uniforms in April. But the removal of gold from the Rams logo is the most significant of the changes.

And the change would signal that a big alteration to the team’s uniform is on the horizon, although that is just speculation for now.

“What I have not confirmed is whether this means the Rams will have new uniforms in 2017,” Uni Watch’s Paul Lukas wrote Friday. “It seems like they would — like, if you eliminate a color from your logo, you’re probably going to eliminate it from your wardrobe, as well — but I want to stress that I do not have confirmation on that.”

When the Rams first arrived in Los Angeles from Cleveland, the team wore blue and gold, and even briefly wore red and gold in 1949. From 1964 to 1972, the Rams wore blue and white before returning to gold and didn’t alter the uniforms again until the team was in St. Louis — changing the yellowish gold to a darker, metallic gold in 2000.

As Business Insider’s Cork Gaines pointed out in October, the Rams have been hinting at a return to blue and white ever since the team relocated to Los Angeles in 2016. Signage at the stadium and on social media haven’t included much gold and Rams executive vice president Kevin Demoff already told the Los Angeles Times in March 2016 that the team plans to make changes when it moves into a new stadium in 2019.

"Our focus has always been on introducing new uniforms the year we open a new stadium," Demoff told the LA Times’ Gary Klein. "That's the opportune time to shape your brand.”

NFL rules state that implementation of new uniforms comes two years after an application is submitted for changes, so the Rams could enter the 2019 season in new colors if they apply for those changes during the 2017 offseason.

And if the team’s new logo is an accurate indication, the Rams will likely be wearing blue and white when the $2.6 billion stadium in Inglewood, Calif. opens in two years.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Blue and White = Boring in the extreme.

I looked up the colors, while the NFL has the best variety compared to MLB and NBA......the most common color in the NFL is Navy Blue followed by white.

There are 27 instances of either blue or white in the NFL. The Chargers have all the same colors as we do, minus gold/yellow if we get rid of it.

Boring....boring.....boring.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe trying to capture more LA Love with Dodger Blue?

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm loving the change. Tell me that this doesn't look good. They look fresh.

Looks like a high school uniform. But I was born in the 70s so I understand the nostalgia some people have for the uniforms that I would not, having been too young or not at all for that period. So from a pure color scheme perspective with no nostalgia attached to it I think they are awful.

I would like to see the yellow incoorperated as an accent color

Now this i can get on board with if done right. I would say if they could slip in some silver or something like some earlier logos they released I would like it better but they'd just start looking like the Cowboys instead of the Colts at that point. The yellow is what set their colors apart from anyone else. Blue and white just looks bland.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So starting this year , will all the merchandise be blue and white

Everything except the actual jerseys ?

T-Shirts with the Rams logo only come in blue in white

jerseys only come in blue and gold

that's the Rams , do everything halfass

SierraRam

Recreational User
I love the old Blue and Whites, but my fondest Ramories
came from a team that looked like this:
..............Home..............................Away
upload_2017-2-3_20-20-30.jpeg
upload_2017-2-3_20-21-53.jpeg

HellRam

Starter
Not much love for the Blue and White on here..

I don't know, I'm starting to like em more and more. I was hoping for the Blue and Yellow originally but I think I've jumped ship. Blue and White is just bold and strong looking. Real close call for me...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2019?

So, we are using two different color schemes... but avoiding the official switch to sync up with a stadium launch?

I'd just do it already. The stadium is a big enough splash, IMO.

And... while the team uses temporary facilities between now and then, won't this just further give the franchise the "feel of living out of suitcases"?

I don't normally get too critical of the Rams, but I don't like this slow approach. It doesn't appear decisive and this team needs to build some confidence.

It just comes off as the next two years don't matter... "we're building for 2019". Don't like it.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Can this team do anything more to test my love of football? I mean seriously.
My thoughts as well. It's like they are trying to get rid of me. 38 years of mostly suffering, and this might just do it. Almost as bad as getting rid of the horns IMO. If the chargers come and rock the baby blue and yellow they will make the Rams look like blue and white step children in their own home. The people that are going to love this scheme are likely longer in the tooth than even I am. Way to plan for the future Rams. Fucking morons...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Blue and White is going to be Awesome !!!

No Stripes , No Bells , No Whistles

Can't Wait !!!

DSC_0707.JPG