Looks like Givens was impeded with

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-11-25_14-6-29.png

upload_2014-11-25_14-8-20.png

upload_2014-11-25_14-9-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-25_14-10-12.png
    upload_2014-11-25_14-10-12.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 142

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes me even more disappointed with Hill. What is he thinking. You see Weddle doubling Givens. They took away your primary option. But you should know the coverage being played means you have Cunningham isolated on a LB on a pivot route. That's a huge match-up advantage. You're not rushed or under pressure. Hill simply didn't seem to process the coverage on that play. Britt was never open. He should have never been considered as a possible target. Read the safety since they're playing man. If he takes Cunningham, you have Givens. If he takes Givens, you have Cunningham. If somehow neither are open, throw it away. Jeebus, Hill, Jeebus.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Givens turned right into double coverage too - No instincts. There was plenty of time to break it back to the corner away from the coverage.

(Wasn't this the dream scenario to line up Britt, Cook & Quick (sniff) in the red zone...damn)

Thanks for the look @Blue and Gold

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Makes me even more disappointed with Hill. What is he thinking. You see Weddle doubling Givens. They took away your primary option. But you should know the coverage being played means you have Cunningham isolated on a LB on a pivot route. That's a huge match-up advantage. You're not rushed or under pressure. Hill simply didn't seem to process the coverage on that play. Britt was never open. He should have never been considered as a possible target. Read the safety since they're playing man. If he takes Cunningham, you have Givens. If he takes Givens, you have Cunningham. If somehow neither are open, throw it away. Jeebus, Hill, Jeebus.
I felt the same way, it pissed me off, but I still think he's the better option, currently. One step to the left....BC for the win.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like GRob got away with a little hands to the face to be fair

bluecoconuts

Legend
Man, if Givens turns left, fade to the corner...

I think Hill had his choice before he took the snap. He knew who he wanted.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hands to the face isn't illegal if it's quick contact. It's only illegal if you hold it. So a quick shove to the face won't get called. But leaving your hand on their facemask will. If you grasp the facemask then it becomes a facemask foul.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hands to the face isn't illegal if it's quick contact. It's only illegal if you hold it. So a quick shove to the face won't get called. But leaving your hand on their facemask will. If you grasp the facemask then it becomes a facemask foul.
Yeah I didnt notice that part of the play live only in the still shots so i dont know if it was quick or not just pointing out his hand seems to be up and under the guys helmet

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He "appears" to like men's faces, let's cut him a little slack.
Yeah I didnt notice that part of the play live only in the still shots so i dont know if it was quick or not just pointing out his hand seems to be up and under the guys helmet
Impeded, damn near rectum.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't that exact thing get called on us twice in that game?

TexasRam

Legend
I miss those days when we just give it to Faulk and let him find a way to punch it in.

May have to run over Ray Lewis or juke 4 guys. Don't matter it was always gonna result in 6 points.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

Those stills above are a bad angle on that. The first replay shows this perfectly, GRob's hands never leave 94s left shoulder. Perfect blocking. The lean you see is because GRob is pushing so hard. He is is a bad man, after all.

(Not on my computer or I'd post some stills of this)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Givens turned right into double coverage too - No instincts. There was plenty of time to break it back to the corner away from the coverage.

(Wasn't this the dream scenario to line up Britt, Cook & Quick (sniff) in the red zone...damn)

Thanks for the look @Blue and Gold

I have to imagine the route for Givens was that soft quick touch pass to the back of the end zone. When Waddle read that and bracketed Givens over the top, that was it for that route. But yeah, if Hill could have extended the play with his feet (rather than freaking out), running to the left sideline with Givens was the next thing to do.

I was totally thinking the same thing about the personnel. Why is Givens in and looking like the primary receiver on such a critical play?? Cook? Bailey? Tavon? Geez Schotty!!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
@Blue and Gold , have this play on slo mo and frame by frame, Givens had a pretty legal looking bump and a clean release. No gripes from me on this.

Britt, on the other hand, he was grabbed at the 2 yd line and the left hash, and the cb did not get out of the "bump" for at least 3 steps from Britt, until he reaches the other hash mark. This is exactly in front of two refs who totally ignore it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those stills above are a bad angle on that. The first replay shows this perfectly, GRob's hands never leave 94s left shoulder. Perfect blocking. The lean you see is because GRob is pushing so hard. He is is a bad man, after all.

(Not on my computer or I'd post some stills of this)
Ill take your word because I admit I wasnt paying attention to GROB on this play when I saw the play live thats just what it looks like in these stills