Looks like an eye opener (ESPN feature on homelessness - C Long/W Hayes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Amazing. You can bet that I'll be watching it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chris Long just keeps reinforcing why he's my favorite current Ram by a large margin.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Chris Long just keeps reinforcing why he's my favorite current Ram by a large margin.
he's moving up my list as well...I always admired his motor...Now he's got my attention to see what he'll do next...Solid guy...Looks like a future NFL HC.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he's moving up my list as well...I always admired his motor...Now he's got my attention to see what he'll do next...Solid guy...Looks like a future NFL HC.

If you can listen to it he's on the Scott Van Pelt and Ryan Rissilo(no idea how to spell it) radio show on espn radio on fridays around 11:30am PST. He's also a great follow on all the social media.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Definitely a legendary Rams personality. Not often that you find players that blend skill, humor, and class.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
A programme about homeless people sponsored by Dove Men + Care? :whistle:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Can't wait to watch this. I imagine they were recognized a lot.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Looks like they did him up in makeup. Still im sure many recognized him, probably just didnt include those clips in the special.
I'm really looking forward to this.

I live in city with lots of homeless, and I know all of the ones in my neighborhood by name. Then know me by name, and they know my kids.

True stories. I've had homeless refuse to take money from me, saying that it's better spent on my children. And my wife also had an older homeless woman give her $5 and tell my wife to go buy our children a toy. Unbelieveable.

Personally, I find that most of the homeless I know are much better people than the people I know thru other channels.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RAMS HAYES, LONG GO UNDERCOVER IN HOMELESS COMMUNITY IN ESPN FEATURE

Two members of the St. Louis Rams will be featured on the Sunday, May 31 editions of ESPN SportsCenter as they immerse themselves in the homeless community of their city.

In an effort to get a closer look at the hardships homeless people in America endure every day, Rams defensive ends William Hayes and Chris Long took to the streets for 24 hours with no place to sleep or eat, no connection to the outside world and only $4 each. ESPN’sSC Featured followed their story.

Hayes and Long wore second-hand clothing and makeup was used to help conceal their identities. They were outfitted with small cameras and microphones, and an ESPN crew observed them.

“Life on the Streets” will debut in the 9 a.m. CT edition of SportsCenter and will re-air in other editions of the program throughout the day. An accompanying feature on ESPN.com will be posted Sunday afternoon.

The Rams Broadcasting Network also documented the pair’s experience in a feature titled, “Home,” which will air on the team’s website at 1 p.m. CT.

PREVIEW

View: https://www.youtube.com/v/o7jKoOknEB4

Quotes from the features:

“It was the worst night I’ve ever had in my life for sure …. My body hurts so bad right now.”–William Hayes.

“It’s amazing though when that cop went to talk to me, just how unsettled that felt, compared to like if a cop normally talks to me walking down the street.”–Chris Long.

“They were always willing to listen and learn in order to, not only tell the story of the adventure, but to advocate for very vulnerable and needy people,”–Judson Bliss, Chief Program Officer of the St. Patrick’s Center.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really looking forward to this.

I live in city with lots of homeless, and I know all of the ones in my neighborhood by name. Then know me by name, and they know my kids.

True stories. I've had homeless refuse to take money from me, saying that it's better spent on my children. And my wife also had an older homeless woman give her $5 and tell my wife to go buy our children a toy. Unbelieveable.

Personally, I find that most of the homeless I know are much better people than the people I know thru other channels.
I personally havent had any experiences like that but ive never had negative ones either. I ALWAYS give homeless people at least a dollar when I pass by.

Thats awesome though. Goes to show you how selfish "we" are to have so much and most dont give at all and these people have nothing and still give.

Athos

Legend
I'm kind of so-so on this. On one hand, it's good and all, but on the other it's kinda tacky in that they really aren't experiencing what it's like.

A day in the life of doesn't really cut it.

I worked in Atlanta for a year for a non-profit. Unrelated to homelessness, but we had to do some stuff before working with our non-profit agencies.

In general you have some good people. Most who don't take money because of the shame they feel. Most have family that could help them too, but don't because they say they'd either plunge right back or in most cases, their families don't even know their situation. The other side of it is just how many have severe psychological issues they don't want anyone knowing about.

Controlled environments like this also don't show the darker side where you can get shivved for your cheap blanket, your garbage, food. Anything. Plenty of them are actually some pretty scary bad people.

But at the same time, the ones who actually make it into night shelters are really good people who are really gracious for anything they get, even the small shit we take for granted. Sometimes you'll see others giving up their meager food for someone that needs it even more.

The ATL PD/City are also complete assholes in general to the homeless. A lot move down to the south to big cities like Hotlanta because of the super mild winters. Thing is, the tunnels and bridges they sleep under, the city/cops will keep the lights turned on and super bright to deter them away from any kind of sleep. And they've been known to do worse. And since most in ATL are African American, well.....you see where I'm going with this.