Looking Forward to our Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
if this is a list of our FA's, what about AD?

regardless of the AD issue, all in my opinion aqre resignable depending on who McVay/Wade want
Tru will sign a long term contract , 4-5 years at much less, IF Wade wants. The rest are very doable depending on our wants or needs
train

Ram65

Legend
Good size list above. I would start with a decision on

Robert Quinn-This is where I start. Do the Rams keep him at 12.4M 2018 and 12.9M 2019? He has dead cap just under 1 Million if cut. Is worth the money? He has played better but, he isn't what he was. Donald could have used some help against the Falcons. He is 27 and could extend him for less per year.

Barwin-Could depend ons Quinn but he is not really producing. I would not resign him. He does not do much.

Johnson-Too much money. Would he sign for 11 Million a year?

Joyner-Yes

NRB-Yes

Sullivan-Yes

Watkins-I will leave it up to the Rams. Too many questions as to why he doesn't seem to fit. Why Goff doesn't target him.

Davis, Carrier, Walker, McQuaide-Yes

I wouldn't resign Dunbar and Easly just get hurt to much.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Draft is after free agency. Rams have to resign players first.
Really? I thought you could sign guys at any moment...before and after the draft...

Only AD is a priority that should be offered a new deal/extension before this draft.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Getting AD signed would be my absolute number one priority.
Tru is demanding too much money so he has to be cut loose.
I think Quinn has become too one dimensional and there's room for significant upgrade there so he walks. (I would like another William Hayes type player personally.)
I think Barron's positives out weigh his negatives so depending on his contract would probably keep.
Carrier couldn't get out fast enough as far as I'm concerned. Someone remind me why he was even signed again.
I think we keep and develop most of the young depth players and let them grow in the system.
I mostly want to see an upgrade at tight end and then a lot of defensive players targeted in the off-season.
Preferably two starting CBs. One linebacker. And a stud on the online to compliment AD and Brockers

Ram65

Legend
Really? I thought you could sign guys at any moment...before and after the draft...

Only AD is a priority that should be offered a new deal/extension before this draft.

You totally missed it and would miss out on any (good) free agents if you wait til after the draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You totally missed it and would miss out on any (good) free agents if you wait til after the draft.
I don't think we want or need to get in a big FA signing thing....bottom of the barrel....and as for are own, let them go out and get offers...if they don't sign anywhere, grab them...after the draft.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Aside from our own guys, we need to get some run stopping linebackers. It's sickening watching them getting run over every week.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Does Barron have a contract that would let us release him? (Not saying we should, per se)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think we can bring back Barron as much as I love him as a player. I'd rather have him than Ogletree, but contractually, that's not an option. Then again, both were banged up at the end of the season. One way or another, we're spending too much money on LBs.

I actually ate crow on Barron earlier this season. But in the end it does seem like he's a bit too much of a chase/WILL type in a 4-3 at the NFL level. Rams actually might be able to trade him to a team where he's a better fit, because his film does show a lot of good things. Teams that run a 4-3 with a need at WILL may see him as a potential impact addition, and that's the type of perception that forms a great base for a trade.

The bigger picture here is that Ogletree is the better LB (more consistent getting off blocks than Barron who gets buried), but he also brings leadership and brains/ability to call the defense, but is also a WILL type chase backer. So if you look at a Wade Phillips defense the obvious decision is to move Barron through trade and slide Tree over to the weakside interior LB position. THEN add your physical LB to play the strong side interior spot and you would have yourself a pretty good pair.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good size list above. I would start with a decision on

Robert Quinn-This is where I start. Do the Rams keep him at 12.4M 2018 and 12.9M 2019? He has dead cap just under 1 Million if cut. Is worth the money? He has played better but, he isn't what he was. Donald could have used some help against the Falcons. He is 27 and could extend him for less per year.

Barwin-Could depend ons Quinn but he is not really producing. I would not resign him. He does not do much.

Johnson-Too much money. Would he sign for 11 Million a year?

Joyner-Yes

NRB-Yes

Sullivan-Yes

Watkins-I will leave it up to the Rams. Too many questions as to why he doesn't seem to fit. Why Goff doesn't target him.

Davis, Carrier, Walker, McQuaide-Yes

I wouldn't resign Dunbar and Easly just get hurt to much.

I think Quinn is a restructure or he's cut. I hope he takes the restructure, because I want him to remain a Ram, but I don't see the Rams valuing him where he's at and they're gonna need to dish some serious diniero this offseason.

Barwin I like very much in the run game, but he's going to be a cost-to-snaps analysis where they plan on seeing more of Ebukam (i.e. use Barwin on early downs) and it will come down to whether he's within their desired cost range.

Johnson is gone, barring some sort of epiphany where he takes #2 money.

Joyner/NRB I am sure the Rams try to lock up before FA starts. Might be the first two re-signings to ensure the secondary isn't a shambles next year. It's possible NRB prices himself out of here, but he's got a good gig here with Wade so I suspect they'll get it done.

Sullivan is that old guy equation, where you just have to be careful how much and how long.

Watkins meh, after that playoff game I have changed to the fence on him. Gonna go @den-the-coach direction here and trust the Rams.

Donald yeah they're going to get him signed. The dude was immense in that playoff game and I feel bad for him the way the DL got trucked when Brock went out. Get him a snot bubbling NT to go next to him and this DL will be elite, the kind of unit opposing OLs simply cannot handle.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hard to say with Sammy. He was open tonight a few times that I noticed, as usual, but not exactly sure how much. Rams will know, though. And he really got on my last nerve with his play late in the game. As we discussed in the other thread I suspect the Rams might let him go and/or let him test the FA waters and I'm not sure I'd mind. Disappointing.

Still want Joyner back at a minimum. Have to think NRC too, but will they also get Donald signed?

This offseason is Les Snead's most challenging to date. He's really going to show whether he's a great GM or "just another GM" (JAG loool) based on how he handles it.
I really want Joyner back on a bad way. He's the best tackler on the team odd enough.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If Rams let Sammy go, what might they get back as a compensation pick? Is it solely based on the contract he signs? Hate to give up a 2nd just to rent him for a year but it would sting less if we could get back a 4th or even 3rd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Rams let Sammy go, what might they get back as a compensation pick? Is it solely based on the contract he signs? Hate to give up a 2nd just to rent him for a year but it would sting less if we could get back a 4th or even 3rd.

If he's signed away it'll probably be a big contract and I would think a 3rd round pick as compensation.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I would love to see what Watkins can do with a full offseason learning this playbook, and building a relationship with Goff.

Remember how Warner would say that he trusted Bruce and Holt so much to run their routes that he could practically throw the ball with his eyes closed and know they'd be in the right position to catch it 100% of the time? That doesn't happen overnight man. Those are reps. Sammy and Goff need those reps.

Rainram

Starter

Pretty sure we get a 3rd round comp pick, in 2019.

So in this year’s draft we’re playing with a 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7.

Wouldn’t mind floating a couple of those 6ths to move up somewhere. Thinking of our cap situation and overall roster, I doubt those 6ths make the team.

We need to do well in FA, and those first two picks need to be contributors (doubt you can expect much from a 4th rounder and beyond).

So hit on that first rounder. And maybe pair a couple 6ths to move up in the third. I’d be looking at DLine/Oline/LB/CB with those top two picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love to see what Watkins can do with a full offseason learning this playbook, and building a relationship with Goff.

Remember how Warner would say that he trusted Bruce and Holt so much to run their routes that he could practically throw the ball with his eyes closed and know they'd be in the right position to catch it 100% of the time? That doesn't happen overnight man. Those are reps. Sammy and Goff need those reps.

Yeah this is why it's so hard to determine whether Watkins will be a target for the Rams.

How well does he know the offense? If the QB doesn't trust him to be in the right spot he's going to have a tendency to look away from him. Jared made one throw to him late, where Sammy was singled up with no safety over the top and raised his hand at the start then had an immediate two steps on the dude. But of course the ball was late and they didn't convert what could have been an explosive play had the throw been on time. Some of it is probably that, as well as a young QB learning on the job still.

I'd have to go back and look at the all 22 and see not only how often Sammy was open, but also how the Falcons played him. Did they single him up a lot? Not sure, as I was busy pounding beers in frustration.

Either way though, McVay will know all that and factor it in with their decision.