Looking Forward to our Free Agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
now that the season is officially over, which of our free agents should be let go/re-signed this off season?

as much as I believed Sammy Watkins was going to be a sure re-sign, i’m not sure about that anymore.

Trumaine? he played well this season but who knows how much he and his agent will be looking for.

Joyner may be the only for sure re-signing this off season. McQuaid and Sullivan should both be re-signed as well.

Barwin, Davis, and a few others are up in the air.

This is all my opinion of course. What do you guys think?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
We need to give this time to cook. It's crazy to think, but LA is now officially a F/A magnet. Everyone will want to play here. McVay is a career rocket that a stud F/A WR and/or TE could ride all the way to the superbowl.
This will greatly affect who we keep & who we don't. After Sammy's drops, I think we need to keep looking for a stud WR, I don't think there's one in the draft, so F/A might be a great place to look. I think a stud TE F/A would be sweet too.
We need a NT pretty bad, but there's that kid from Alabama we can draft who'd be a nightmare next to Brockers & Donald. I don't know if there's any F/A NT's out there.... anyone?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, not thinking Sammy will be back. For whatever reason Goff doesnt look for him enough for some reason. Like he does not trust him in some manner and he did not help himself today.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hard to say with Sammy. He was open tonight a few times that I noticed, as usual, but not exactly sure how much. Rams will know, though. And he really got on my last nerve with his play late in the game. As we discussed in the other thread I suspect the Rams might let him go and/or let him test the FA waters and I'm not sure I'd mind. Disappointing.

Still want Joyner back at a minimum. Have to think NRC too, but will they also get Donald signed?

This offseason is Les Snead's most challenging to date. He's really going to show whether he's a great GM or "just another GM" (JAG loool) based on how he handles it.

nighttrain

Legend
Yeah, not thinking Sammy will be back. For whatever reason Goff doesnt look for him enough for some reason. Like he does not trust him in some manner and he did not help himself today.
he missed all of the preseason with the Rams. That is a big deal
train

jap

Legend
I want someone better and cheaper than Tru. He simply isn't worth that kind of dough.

We need CB talent that can challenge our WRs. We need more depth on the DL and LB crews. We need an understudy for Andrew Whitworth and another quality guard to spell Beetlejuice who has so many injury issues in the past. We probably could use a quality backup QB if the coaching brass is not confident in Sean Mannion's ability to take over if Jared goes down.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're in kind of an annoying limbo. We need a run stuffing defensive tackle, a legit MLB, maybe a weak inside linebacker, potentially 2 corners, a right guard, a tackle, and a center. That's obviously not all found going to happen this off-season.

fearsomefour

Legend
now that the season is officially over, which of our free agents should be let go/re-signed this off season?

as much as I believed Sammy Watkins was going to be a sure re-sign, i’m not sure about that anymore.

Trumaine? he played well this season but who knows how much he and his agent will be looking for.

Joyner may be the only for sure re-signing this off season. McQuaid and Sullivan should both be re-signed as well.

Barwin, Davis, and a few others are up in the air.

This is all my opinion of course. What do you guys think?
Sullivan, McQuaid, Walker, Coleman and Davis should all be doable. Joyner is a must to me. There are a bunch of them.
I want them all resigned and a few more added haha.
Where is DeBartolo when you need him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Joyner will cost $10M or more to keep.
He is the top resign to me.
He is too good and too versatile.
Quinn, Tavon, Tru, Watkins, NRC, Webster, Walker, Easley....a lot of interesting choices.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Need to see what is done in the draft....Too soon...

Haven't watched the game...heard a lil of what happened on the radio...then that first 2nd half drive of Atl...

but only AD is irreplaceable....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sullivan, McQuaid, Davis (that's a new one for me), Joyner and Donald for sure.

Tru if the deal is reasonable.

I don't think we can bring back Barron as much as I love him as a player. I'd rather have him than Ogletree, but contractually, that's not an option. Then again, both were banged up at the end of the season. One way or another, we're spending too much money on LBs.

really interested to see how FA turns out.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

when Sammy came into the league he looked like a sure #1 but he had a lot of injuries which may have cost him a step. may have got to him mentally also. any way buffalo let him go for a reason. i'm just not sure he is a true #1 receiver any more would just as soon go with Thomas or reynolds

Memphis Ram

Legend
Looking at the Rams 2018 free agents, Sammy Watkins would and should be this team's top priority, IMO. BUT ONLY, if the team (Goff) REALLY plans to get him the ball and use him as more than just someone to take away opposing teams #1 CBs so that the others can thrive.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This offseason is Les Snead's most challenging to date. He's really going to show whether he's a great GM or "just another GM" (JAG loool) based on how he handles it.

One great thing is our owner will spare no expense,but there is the cap.....I'm lukewarm on Watkins, I concur that for some reason Goff does not look his way, but that might be on Goff because of not working with Watkins in training camp...With an opportunity to work together during OTA's & Training Camp I believe the results could be different.

Tough for me to give up Watkins and he did stay healthy the whole year, so I will trust the regime to make the right call. Joyner is a must and would love to retain TruJo, but at what cost? Overall I'm looking forward to see what decisions are made.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I am excited about next year.... I have defended Watkins and TruJo in the past.... that being said ... I feel that if they stay or go... it's because Mcvay/Snead made that decision. ..not the other way around.....and after the fantastic off season last year....I'm willing to rely on they're opion..... they earned that..... lol from me anyway..... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)

Ram65

Legend
Need to see what is done in the draft....Too soon...

Haven't watched the game...heard a lil of what happened on the radio...then that first 2nd half drive of Atl...

but only AD is irreplaceable....

Draft is after free agency. Rams have to resign players first.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd love for Tru to stay, but 15+ is going to be a big pill to swallow. Probably a no go.

I do think we'll shed some contracts - Tavon and Barron. Love 'em both, but I don't think Tavon even set foot on the field last night, and we need to get a big downhill thumper next to Ogletree.

Bring back Joyner, absolutely. I'm not really in love with Robey-Coleman and there will be a pretty competitive FA CB market, I'd test it out.

I'd also let Watkins see what's out there in FA. I Reynolds can fill that role, there are a few other intriguing options that are slated to become FA, but I think they can play it by ear.

Ram65

Legend
Rams 2018 Free Agents.png

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think Tru walks. He still thinks he's a #1 corner. He's not he's a good #2 and it's important we don't reach.
Watkins should come at a fair price. He had some great moments and some head scratchers as well. I think a full off-season and a little bit of confidence in working with Goff will go a long way. He has the ability that's for sure.

It's a real quagmire with our LB situation. I love Barron, I almost think he's a better LB than Ogletree at times. I would love to add that thumper in the middle but who's the odd man out? Does adding some size to our NT position make the difference? We will see I guess.

I'd like to keep Austin but only if he restructures his deal. I think he's more important than people give him credit for. For as often as he touches the ball he does have that skill set that scares defenses or at least causes them to focus on him. Where was he last night ? Injured? Anyways, if we cut ties with him Austin maybe Cooper can fill his role?

In addition I think we need to approach FA much like the Patriots do. No one guy is bigger than the team. I'm not saying the rams are quite there yet as far as talent goes, but love them or hate them they have a model for success.

Last edited: