Looking back at last year's Rams draft in the 1st rd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting rocknram.

Alan

Legend
oldramfan looking for a retirement home:
Let's hope we have a repeat
Welcome to the ROD oldtimer! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
You've come to the right place if you're looking for great rams talk with a liberal mix of old posters like me and tactual good posters. :LOL:
Good to have you in our tribe bro!
upload_2014-4-1_8-52-47.jpeg

When you're around the whole Dead scene, they're there as a tribal thing; they're there as part of a rendezvous and a pow-wow.
Ken Kesey

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was an awesome read. It had to be cool to be in that room.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Vikings wanted a 4th first rounder. That's being a playa' right there.

Ogletree or a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th? Wow.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I remember trying very hard to find this article online the day after the SI issue was released. Only place I found it was in an Australian rugby forum lol. Glad they had it though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Good observation, flv.

With Elam/Cyprien does it say something about the players, or how they value the position?

As far as Warford, we didn't have the ammo?

xander47

Rookie

Maybe they didn't want to give up more picks to move up since Ogletree's trade didn't give back a second rounder. I think it goes to show how much they value the safety position (the prospects). I think they had the idea to draft mcdonald in the third round the entire time (Fisher connections) and couldn't move up enough for Warford. Contingency plans meant Bakhtiari/Jones in the 4th. Works out with the emergence of Saffold.

What's also interesting is, they haven't made any moves at the DE spot since then (I think) and yet they were willing to draft Datone Jones. Were they going to move him to OLB or keep him at DE? I think this means they're open to Clowney

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Datone Jones was a top five player on my Rams wish list. I was screaming for a move to grab Warford too. Jones reminds me of the type of rotational Dliners that Fisher likes. Versatile and a playmaker. I think he is miscast in Green Bays 3/4

I would have made the trade with the Vikings.