Longest? 74 yards. No big deal.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
4fadaba5305cd.preview-620.jpg

The ball was snapped, the hold was perfect, Zuerlein stepped through the ball, launching it high and fast. It was long enough, but the 64-yarder tailed off to the left, a foot wide.

Oh, yeah, and get this. The kid was mad that he missed it. Genuinely ticked off, like he's actually done better than that before, which by the way he has. In college last season, he made an NCAA Division II-record 21 consecutive field goals, including nine from 50 yards-plus.

"I go out there expecting to make every single kick," Zuerlein said. "I had the distance, but I didn't connect on it. I'd like to make every kick, and when I don't, it's kind of disappointing. But other than that, it was a good day."

So, after seeing him nearly make a 59-yard kick on Saturday and after witnessing a few 60-yarders in practice, the next logical question for Zuerlein was just how far has he kicked a football.

[hil]"Longest ever? Oh, it was a 74-yarder with probably about 60 miles of wind behind me in a pre-game warmup before a game last year[/hil]," he said. "Without the wind? Probably about 66 or 67."

But let's go back to that 74-yarder, I said. Seriously, you made a field goal from seventy-four yards!!?

"Yeah," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "But it was with a lot of wind. A lot of wind."

Well, I don't care if he kicked it in a wind tunnel with gale-force winds churning at his back and the football was strapped to a hang-glider. Normal people can't kick a football 74 yards under any condition.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 0b0a2.html

PhxRam

I was so concerned that someone else was going to pick him in fantasy football, I grabbed him in the 6th rd.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1N5NYyb24[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
I was so concerned that someone else was going to pick him in fantasy football, I grabbed him in the 6th rd.
me too, lol.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
My damn Dad took him right before my next pick in the 12th...we have a total of 12 and everyone knows their shit so you gotta snag the rbs,wrs,qbs,tes,d/st... I don't think this "kid" will get any ebbie jibbies and will define clutch..regardless of the overall success of kickers drafted.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Iron Lion said:
He is a FA in my league, should I drop the Falcons K and take this kid?

Wouldn't hurt, it's more likely the Rams will kick more FG than the Falcons, as they smooth out the offense (instead of getting the TD)... But that's just me.

The talent is there though, kid is great, he's money

Iron Lion

Starter
Well I will do it just for this week and we'll see from there, since the Falcons open up @ KC, which is a tough place especially for a weak road team, whereas your K might get a few shots against our Swiss cheese defense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:
Iron Lion said:
He is a FA in my league, should I drop the Falcons K and take this kid?

Wouldn't hurt, it's more likely the Rams will kick more FG than the Falcons, as they smooth out the offense (instead of getting the TD)... But that's just me.

The talent is there though, kid is great, he's money

Well I prefer to call him currency, cuz there is only one "Money",and this kid has not shown us he can tackle like Money could. :ww:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was nervous someone would take him too, but I got him the the 15th and final round of my draft.