Long excited to work with Bradford, keep him 'clean'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
KMOV.com
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/video?id=217139361&sec=549607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/video?id=217139361&sec=549607</a>

[flv]http://cdn.bimfs.com/KMOV/be343dcb6d6b853873dabcd68c871b0732126c74_fl9-360p.mp4[/flv]

(FootballStL) -- Of all the additions the Rams made in the offseason, the most impactful of all may end up being the signing of offensive tackle Jake Long.

Coming off an injury-riddled 2012 with the Miami Dolphins, Long signed four-year deal with the Rams in March for $34 million.

Once considered one of the best left tackles in the NFL, a series of injuries over the last two seasons helped sap Long of that status.

The 6'7" tackle missed four games in 2012 because of a triceps injury, while ankle and back injuries have limited him since 2011.

Starting fresh with the Rams, he will now be charged with keeping quarterback Sam Bradford upright. It's a challenge the Michigan native says he ready to undertake.

"As long as we keep Sam upright we got good receivers, great backs, he's going to throw the ball around," Long said after the team's first full-squad training camp session. "The biggest thing we take pride in is keeping him clean and letting no one hit him. It's something as offensive linemen that you really care about."

Bradford has been sacked 105 times in his career, more than two per game. So it goes without saying Rams fans can only hope Long's pride leads to results.

jap

Legend
Man Mountain Jake just looks like the ultimate bodyguard. I really hope both he & Rodger can stay effective all season long. Heck, it's high time our OL got a break from the injury bug.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
Man Mountain Jake just looks like the ultimate bodyguard. I really hope both he & Rodger can stay effective all season long. Heck, it's high time our OL got a break from the injury bug.
Hell yes. If these 5 guys can just make it through all 19 games, we'll be in good shape.

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:
jap said:
Hell yes. If these 5 guys can just make it through all 19 games, we'll be in good shape.

19 Games (I like the sounds of that!!!)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
X said:
jap said:

Agreed.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Sam's success begins and ends on the OL and if we can be lucky enough to avoid serious injuries and build some cohesiveness up front there will be a lot of S.B doubters eating crow.....YUM YUM

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I think the biggest ? is Saffold swithching but i am not really worried abut it. No reason why a veteran line like ours with a top notch OL coach can't gel pretty early. It would go a long way toward helping our rookie and in-experienced wr and running backs thru their NFL learning curve. To me injury is the only thing that could derail us.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
SaneRamsFan said:
I think the biggest ? is Saffold swithching but i am not really worried abut it. No reason why a veteran line like ours with a top notch OL coach can't gel pretty early. It would go a long way toward helping our rookie and in-experienced wr and running backs thru their NFL learning curve. To me injury is the only thing that could derail us.

I agree with the statement that only an injury could derail the OL. I think most of them have a bit of a chip on their shoulder because of injuries and such. I don't think Saffold switching will be a big deal. He was brought in, originally, to be the RT.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With good health this is as talented oline of any team, IMO.