Long deal still pending mixed information coming out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
RT @PFCentral: Breaking News Jake Long passes physical and agrees to a deal with the Rams. Worked hard to break this give credit

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: Jake Long signs contract

BonifayRam said:
RT @PFCentral: Breaking News Jake Long passes physical and agrees to a deal with the Rams. Worked hard to break this give credit
Nothing against you personally, but so far it's just this one source. I'll wait till more people start reporting this before I'll believe it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokeu91 said:
BonifayRam said:
Nothing against you personally, but so far it's just this one source. I'll wait till more people start reporting this before I'll believe it.

Ok hows this my unbelieving Ram fan?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-jake-long-agrees-to-terms-with-st-louis-20130313,0,5003430.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3430.story</a>

Jake Long agrees to terms with St. Louis Rams

By Omar Kelly Sun Sentinel

1:59 p.m. EDT, March 13, 2013

The Miami Dolphins' entire 2008 draft class, which served as the beginning of the Bill Parcells era of South Florida's NFL franchise, is gone.

Jake Long, whom the Dolphins selected with the first overall pick in that draft, ended his five-year tenure in Miami on Wednesday by agreeing to terms with the St. Louis Rams.

Long, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, had served as Miami's starting left tackle his entire career. But injuries had cut his final two seasons short.

The Dolphins hadn't completely shut the door on Long's return, but they were unwilling to meet his asking price, which was reportedly $10 million a season.

iced

BonifayRam said:
brokeu91 said:
BonifayRam said:

Ok hows this my unbelieving Ram fan?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-jake-long-agrees-to-terms-with-st-louis-20130313,0,5003430.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3430.story</a>

WOOT!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: Twitter has this...Jake Long signs contract

BonifayRam said:

I think it'll get done, like most rumors I like to wait until credible reporters say so. Mostly because a lot of people who want to make a name for themselves will see the writing on the wall and "report" it early so they can seem more credible.

But I think it happens today, so I'm pretty excited!

jap

Legend

OK! Let's get us a veteran free safety!

iced

bluecoconuts said:
BonifayRam said:

I think it'll get done, like most rumors I like to wait until credible reporters say so. Mostly because a lot of people who want to make a name for themselves will see the writing on the wall and "report" it early so they can seem more credible.

But I think it happens today, so I'm pretty excited!

Seeing as how it's a Miami newspaper/beat writer, i'll believe it

duckhunter

Starter

Thanks. Bonifay. Your word good enough for me.

bluecoconuts

Legend

JT says according to Rams he's still taking the physical and they haven't even talked terms yet.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

NFL network is saying its not a done deal yet that its still on ongoing so there is some mixed information out there stand bye!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
NFL network is also reporting if Long does sign Saffold wants to be traded. I really hope that's not true.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bwdenverram said:
NFL network is also reporting if Long does sign Saffold wants to be traded. I really hope that's not true.
From a different thread:
Username said:
"Our sources are from a thread title we saw on an internet message board Ramsondemand.com"

HHHahahahahahahahahaha :lmao:
Sounds like another example of shoddy journalism. Bob Glauber puts out a flier on some speculation, JT retweets it and now NFLN runs with it. Media quoting media. :roll:

Shawnbb158

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/report-jake-long-agrees-to-deal-with-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... with-rams/</a>

Report: Jake Long agrees to deal with Rams

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT The Dolphins had money to spend on linebackers, but not for the guy they spent the first pick in the 2008 Draft on.

Now, Jake Long has a new home, as Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports Long has agreed to a contract with the Rams.

While that might now start a chain reaction of line moves, it gives Sam Bradford the kind of protection he’s lacked.

If Long holds up physically, it’s potentially a good move for the Rams, though the Dolphins were apparently concerned about that being the case. That clears the way for the Dolphins to move Jonathan Martin to left tackle after a year on the right.

Shawnbb158

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/rams-havent-made-offer-to-jake-long-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -long-yet/</a>

Rotoworld

Latest News & Rumors

me

Rams haven’t made offer to Jake Long, yet

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT In our effort to keep you up to date on the latest news reported by others, there’s a chance we’ll pass along something reported by others that is not correct.

Case in point: A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that there is no deal between the Rams and tackle Jake Long. That contradicts a report from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that a deal is done.

Per the source, an offer hasn’t even been made to Long.

This doesn’t mean he won’t be signed. It only means he hasn’t been signed. Indeed, he hasn’t even received an offer.

Well that was quick lol

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Shawnbb158 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/rams-havent-made-offer-to-jake-long-yet/

Rotoworld

Latest News & Rumors

me

Rams haven’t made offer to Jake Long, yet

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT In our effort to keep you up to date on the latest news reported by others, there’s a chance we’ll pass along something reported by others that is not correct.

Case in point: A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that there is no deal between the Rams and tackle Jake Long. That contradicts a report from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that a deal is done.

Per the source, an offer hasn’t even been made to Long.

This doesn’t mean he won’t be signed. It only means he hasn’t been signed. Indeed, he hasn’t even received an offer.

Well that was quick lol

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Did you hear that Rob Ryan is our new D coordinator??

duckhunter

Starter
Yahoo and NFP got an article up that says Long lands in St louis but it quotes the sun sentinel.

Don't know whether to believe it or not.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Faceplant said:
Did you hear that Rob Ryan is our new D coordinator??

:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Speeps

Starter
I love how the media continues to get Rams information completely wrong.