London bridge is falling down...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Pete Carroll: Bruce Irvin “didn’t say” he’ll play in Atlanta next year
Posted by Josh Alper on May 17, 2015, 9:46 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq3mzeymgy4zdvhnjflotaymjgynjk0nzdhmtyymzvi-e1431870354197.jpeg
Getty Images
Last week, Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvinmade some headlines when he told BlackSportsOnline.com that he’s “going to be in Atlanta next season” and that the city is “where I want to be.”

Irvin’s contract with the Seahawks is up after the 2015 season after the Seahawks opted not to exercise their option for 2016 (which Irvindidn’t appreciate), a decision that came after chatter about a possible trade that would send Irvin to Atlanta to play for former Seahawks defensive coordinator and current Falcons coach Dan Quinn. Plenty of people took those developments and added them to Irvin’s comments to draw a line to Irvin signing with the Falcons as a free agent, but Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that was the wrong interpretation.

“I’m really glad you asked me that, because he didn’t say that,” Carroll said, via theAssociated Press. “We’ve been talking all along. He has been working out in Atlanta for these three weeks, and he said [that] in response to the question ‘Do you want to come back home?’ He said everybody likes to come back home, and it’s a dream to come back home. It wasn’t in reference to leaving us and coming back [to the Falcons]. He was really adamant about it, and I asked him to leave it and not go at it anymore.”

It’s not hard to understand why Irvin might not want to give the impression he’s already looking past this season with the Seahawks to a move to another team, especially in a conversation with his current team’s head coach. Whatever his plans for 2016, Irvin is going to have to play well for the Seahawks this year in order to land the kind of contract he wants and that means it is best to keep thoughts on the present until there’s actually a reason to contemplate a move to Atlanta or anywhere else.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...atlanta-next-year/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not picking up Irvins option was a no brainer. He isn't worth it. He is a 1 trick linebacker that is miscast in a 4/3. He could be a 3/4 rush LBer and have more success. Taking Irvin in the first round was a head scratcher for me. I am sure Seattle would try to sign Irvin on their terms.

As for Dan Quinn, I am not so sure he would be wanting to through the big money at Irvin either. I never felt Irvin was a force on that defense like Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner or Brandon Mebane is.

The Seahawks had a real find in Brock Coyle last offseason and want to find a way to get him on the field. Allowing Irvin to walk after the season or trading him this year could allow Coyle to get more playing time.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My sister retired to Lake Havasu City...They don't seem to be bothered by the 118-120 degree summer temps and like being able to take a bath by jumping in their pool..I live in Medford Oregon...We get several low 1oos days, but nothing even close to those kind of temps...Her and my Bro in law love it though...That's real hot to me as I lived in Anchorage for 35 years...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
My sister retired to Lake Havasu City...They don't seem to be bothered by the 118-120 degree summer temps and like being able to take a bath by jumping in their pool..I live in Medford Oregon...We get several low 1oos days, but nothing even close to those kind of temps...Her and my Bro in law love it though...That's real hot to me as I lived in Anchorage for 35 years...
Living just South of you in Redding, we see our share of low 100-upper 110's thru the summer. I think this summer is going to be brutal!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I've had a vacation home near Havasu for over 15 years now, and while those June thru September months are like living in an oven, most everyone is either in the water or in a well air-conditioned home. Yes, 120 degrees is common in the summer, but it is incredibly dry, not humid at all. If you're still young enough to enjoy Spring Break, the place is second to none, but for those of us that frequent the place a lot, the off-season is the best time of year. You can ski or enjoy any of the watersports at least 10 months out of the year, although it's summer-time that brings in most of the crazies. Where I have a home is about 15 minutes south of Havasu on the California side, which is on an Indian reservation, ... the back deck of my place is about 25 feet from the water. It takes 45 minutes to drive to Havasu, but less than 15 minutes by boat or personal watercraft (Seadoo).
I'll be selling my L.A. home in the next year or two, but will never get rid of the Havasu home. I was also never much of a desert lover until I bought here, but it's absolutely beautiful, especially if you like hiking, dirt bikes and 4 wheel drive ATV's.
Many old gold mines, several explored by Wyatt Earp, some incredibly tall rock wall formations, canyons and washes. Between the lake, river and desert scenery, you'll never run out of adventures. Great fishing too. jmo.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've had a vacation home near Havasu for over 15 years now, and while those June thru September months are like living in an oven, most everyone is either in the water or in a well air-conditioned home. Yes, 120 degrees is common in the summer, but it is incredibly dry, not humid at all. If you're still young enough to enjoy Spring Break, the place is second to none, but for those of us that frequent the place a lot, the off-season is the best time of year. You can ski or enjoy any of the watersports at least 10 months out of the year, although it's summer-time that brings in most of the crazies. Where I have a home is about 15 minutes south of Havasu on the California side, which is on an Indian reservation, ... the back deck of my place is about 25 feet from the water. It takes 45 minutes to drive to Havasu, but less than 15 minutes by boat or personal watercraft (Seadoo).
I'll be selling my L.A. home in the next year or two, but will never get rid of the Havasu home. I was also never much of a desert lover until I bought here, but it's absolutely beautiful, especially if you like hiking, dirt bikes and 4 wheel drive ATV's.
Many old gold mines, several explored by Wyatt Earp, some incredibly tall rock wall formations, canyons and washes. Between the lake, river and desert scenery, you'll never run out of adventures. Great fishing too. jmo.

I'm originally from So. Cal. so I learned to ski at the river when I was kid..Great times for me...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Living just South of you in Redding, we see our share of low 100-upper 110's thru the summer. I think this summer is going to be brutal!

Real familiar with Redding...Have an uncle who has lived there pretty much forever...Yeah, the heat can be brutal in the summer...About a 2 1/2 hour drive, we go down and stop in Redding on the way to Manteca where we have 2 of our grandchildren..

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
There'd be no case whatsoever based on a loudmouth player saying he wanted to play for another team while under contract. If Irvin had said that he had actually talked with Atlanta, that would be different.

If Seattle tried to bring tampering charges based on what Irvin has said, they would look silly, and it would be dismissed for lack of evidence.

Now, I'm all in favor of Seattle looking silly, but I doubt they would even try in this case, unless there is some actual evidence that Atlanta and Irvin have spoken against the rules.

Maybe you are right, I don't know the rule for sure, but it seems like gray. Like I said Seattle could imply based on Irvin's statement that Atlanta is talking to him.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
How does that stop Atlanta from signing him again ?? Are you saying they did talk to him ?? Your accusing the Falcons ??
Still have to present facts..
Why would Seattle file tampering ,especially against Quinn.I believe they are in good terms.Seattle is about next man up.There is a thing called salary cap.The Hawks made the choice to allow Bruce Irvine to walk ?

Will The Rams pick up Tavon Austin's contract option ?? Ogletree ??

I think I was pretty clear on my opinion and I'm not accusing anyone.

Quinn left on good terms and now one of the best players on Seattle's defense is saying he wants to play for his old coach. Your right nothing left to see here

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Pete Carroll: Bruce Irvin “didn’t say” he’ll play in Atlanta next year
Posted by Josh Alper on May 17, 2015, 9:46 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq3mzeymgy4zdvhnjflotaymjgynjk0nzdhmtyymzvi-e1431870354197.jpeg
Getty Images
Last week, Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvinmade some headlines when he told BlackSportsOnline.com that he’s “going to be in Atlanta next season” and that the city is “where I want to be.”

Irvin’s contract with the Seahawks is up after the 2015 season after the Seahawks opted not to exercise their option for 2016 (which Irvindidn’t appreciate), a decision that came after chatter about a possible trade that would send Irvin to Atlanta to play for former Seahawks defensive coordinator and current Falcons coach Dan Quinn. Plenty of people took those developments and added them to Irvin’s comments to draw a line to Irvin signing with the Falcons as a free agent, but Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said that was the wrong interpretation.

“I’m really glad you asked me that, because he didn’t say that,” Carroll said, via theAssociated Press. “We’ve been talking all along. He has been working out in Atlanta for these three weeks, and he said [that] in response to the question ‘Do you want to come back home?’ He said everybody likes to come back home, and it’s a dream to come back home. It wasn’t in reference to leaving us and coming back [to the Falcons]. He was really adamant about it, and I asked him to leave it and not go at it anymore.”

It’s not hard to understand why Irvin might not want to give the impression he’s already looking past this season with the Seahawks to a move to another team, especially in a conversation with his current team’s head coach. Whatever his plans for 2016, Irvin is going to have to play well for the Seahawks this year in order to land the kind of contract he wants and that means it is best to keep thoughts on the present until there’s actually a reason to contemplate a move to Atlanta or anywhere else.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...atlanta-next-year/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Yeah, and when he said "playing" for Atlanta, he really meant losing weight.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think I was pretty clear on my opinion and I'm not accusing anyone.

Quinn left on good terms and now one of the best players on Seattle's defense is saying he wants to play for his old coach. Your right nothing left to see here
Pete Carroll doesn't think he said that.So at this stage it's mute point.
Fair point--will see what happens w/ Barron after the season.He is not worth the 8 1/2 million $$$.In fact Irvin was a nice draft choice for Hawks.Brockers was extended.
--Rumors are just that.What's up with that Brockers trade thing ??? I guess that through teams away from any idea Rams would take Gurley.Wonder if Tavon Austin gets his extension ?? This is a huge season for him going into his 3rd year.This is suppose to be the magic(surprise) year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, and when he said "playing" for Atlanta, he really meant losing weight.
I wouldn't come right out and call Carroll a Lier But, there seems to be a long distance between what he is saying and the facts of the matter!