Lombardi's mock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
THIS would not make me happy. :neh:

ingram.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-p ... le=HP11_cp

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What? I'd much rather have Dontari Poe, Devon Still, or Fletcher Cox at that spot. We already have Long, Quinn, Hall, and Sims. Defensive end is one of the positions we don't need; we're pretty much stacked.

superfan24

Starter
Memento said:
What? I'd much rather have Dontari Poe, Devon Still, or Fletcher Cox at that spot. We already have Long, Quinn, Hall, and Sims. Defensive end is one of the positions we don't need; we're pretty much stacked.

Where do you think Devon Still will go? I think you said he had a rough combine.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
superfan24 said:
Memento said:

Where do you think Devon Still will go? I think you said he had a rough combine.

Still had an average Combine. He had good and bad moments like most of the prospects there, but he didn't really stand out. In his case, it's a good thing. He didn't hurt his stock, and he was one of the best all-around defensive tackles in the nation during his senior year. He's a top-fifteen lock, in my opinion.

superfan24

Starter
Memento said:
superfan24 said:
Memento said:

Still had an average Combine. He had good and bad moments like most of the prospects there, but he didn't really stand out. In his case, it's a good thing. He didn't hurt his stock, and he was one of the best all-around defensive tackles in the nation during his senior year. He's a top-fifteen lock, in my opinion.

Darn was hoping we could get him in the 2nd. I think Snead will draft a DT with one of the two picks in the 2nd though. Can't wait.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't like it either, but in his defense, he does know our situation, but he believes that Fisher could use Ingram anywhere on the line, thinks he's a premier player and could grow 20 lbs. He, amongst others, just really love them some Melvin Ingram.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I don't like it either, but in his defense, he does know our situation, but he believes that Fisher could use Ingram anywhere on the line, thinks he's a premier player and could grow 20 lbs. He, amongst others, just really love them some Melvin Ingram.
Yeah, that's what he said in the video too, pretty much. *I*, however, would not like it. I'm so desperate for a play maker, that I can't hardly stand it anymore. That said, it's not my team to run.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
DR RAM said:
Yeah, that's what he said in the video too, pretty much. *I*, however, would not like it. I'm so desperate for a play maker, that I can't hardly stand it anymore. That said, it's not my team to run.

Man - no shit. Can we please get someone in here that will light it up?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Would you guys force a play maker here, like Hill?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Stephen Hill? No. He's not a total package from what I've read. Just fast. I'm talking about dynamic players who have the the ability to change the game. A shut-down corner/returner, a complete back, or a productive receiver who can run the whole route tree.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Stephen Hill? No. He's not a total package from what I've read. Just fast. I'm talking about dynamic players who have the the ability to change the game. A shut-down corner/returner, a complete back, or a productive receiver who can run the whole route tree.

Ditto that. A real weapon or three. That's what I want. Someone who steps on the field and changes the game.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

If it goes like this, which is likely:

#1 Colts - QB Luck
#2 Redskins - QB Griffin
#3 Vikings - OT Kalil
#4 Browns - WR Blackmon
#5 Bucs - CB Claiborne
#6 Rams -

These are the top prospects left:

5. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama*: Considering how the running back position has been de-valued in today's NFL it would be easy to rank Richardson lower. The reality is, however, Richardson's elite talent transcends trends. He is an elite talent blessed with size, burst and incredible power who will make an immediate impact.

6. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford*: In terms of consistent dominance, there hasn't been an offensive or defensive lineman I've graded higher thus far this season than DeCastro. Only the fact that he plays guard may keep him out of the top half of the first round.

7. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College*: As has happened with Luck, it is easy to get caught up in the intangibles Kuechly brings to the position, but at the Combine he proved much faster and more explosive than most scouts anticipated. He may have locked up a spot in the top 20.

8. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina: Let's be clear. Coples is not only the most physically gifted defensive lineman in the 2012 draft, he's also the most talented senior prospect, regardless of position. At a shade under 6-6 and 281 pounds physically-speaking, he'll earn first round grades from scouts working for 3-4 and 4-3 clubs, alike. Coples has developed a me-first reputation, however, and doesn't play with enough snap to snap consistency to earn the top five grade from me that his talent obviously warrants despite the fact that he enjoyed a dominating week in Mobile, Alabama at the Senior Bowl.

9. Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State*: Cox didn't earn nearly the media attention for his spectacular combine workout as Memphis' Dontari Poe, but unlike the Tigers star, the strength (30 repetitions of 225 pounds) and athleticism (4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash) Cox showed in Indianapolis consistently shows up on tape. Cox isn't viewed by all scouts as a top-15 prospect but considering his scheme versatility, it may only be a matter of time before that changes.

10. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame: In registering a 4.47 second 40-yard dash at 6-3, 220 pounds Floyd provided an emphatic answer to concerns about his size/speed combination. Floyd wasn't the consistent big play threat that Blackmon or Wright were in college but his game may project best to the NFL.

11. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford*: Martin's size (6-6, 305) and athleticism is very intriguing -- especially in a zone-blocking offense. Scouts wonder, however, if he has the physicality to be successful in every scheme. What they don't have to wonder about is Martin's light feet and balance in pass protection.

12. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU*: After creating a buzz with his size (6-5, 322) and imposing wingspan (83 inches), Brockers actually turned in a less than impressive combine workout and as such slipped out of the top spot on some team's defensive tackle rankings. The redshirt sophomore's upside is undeniable but to keep his spot inside the top ten, Brockers might need a better effort at LSU's March 19 Pro Day.

13. Melvin Ingram, DE/LB, South Carolina: Blessed with extraordinarily light feet for a 6-2, 276 pound man, Ingram's impressive agility made him a star at defensive tackle for the Gamecocks in 2011. As he proved at the combine, his athleticism is good enough, in fact, to make the transition to defensive end or even outside linebacker in the 3-4 in the NFL.

14. Devon Still, DT, Penn State: Still's talent has been obvious throughout his career but until a breakout senior season in which he earned recognition as the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year it simmered below the surface. Still's inability to play in the Senior Bowl (sprained toe) was disappointing and for some will re-energize concerns about his consistency and intrinsic motivation.

15. Dontari Poe, DT/NG, Memphis*: Producing a workout that has earned comparisons to that of Baltimore Ravens' star Haloti Ngata's when he left the University of Oregon, Poe's scheme versatility and unbelievable upside have scouts excited. Poe isn't as explosive on tape as his eye-popping athleticism might lead you to believe, however.

I only see a couple of blue chippers in there and then maybe a couple possible blue chippers. Of course nothings guaranteed, just my opinion. I only see two what you might consider play makers, and only one of those WAS a play maker in college.

If I told you we could get out play maker in round 2 or 3, would you be happy? And then who would you pick with the 6th pick?

Your thoughts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd probably take Richardson. But the more I think about it, I'd probably trade that pick to a team desperate to get him themselves, and move back into the middle of the first round while picking up an extra third rounder (or in a perfect world, a 2nd rounder). The bottom half of the first round (and into the 2nd) has some decent players who could contribute right away. And if that's what we're left with, meaning players who can contribute but aren't flashy "difference-makers", then I'd probably do that. Then I'd be more comfortable taking one of the DT's, and then a receiver at the top of the 2nd. There should be a couple good ones left by then.

DeCastro seems to be the guy that would be the best to take at that spot, even though he's a guard. The trade chart is out the window, so it wouldn't matter that he's a guard, except to the fans. From what I've read, he's one of the better O-Linemen coming out along with Reiff and both behind Kalil of course. Reiff has short arms though, doesn't he? For a tackle? I haven't watch many videos on him, so I don't know how that affects his play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
I'd probably take Richardson. But the more I think about it, I'd probably trade that pick to a team desperate to get him themselves, and move back into the middle of the first round while picking up an extra third rounder (or in a perfect world, a 2nd rounder). The bottom half of the first round (and into the 2nd) has some decent players who could contribute right away. And if that's what we're left with, meaning players who can contribute but aren't flashy "difference-makers", then I'd probably do that. Then I'd be more comfortable taking one of the DT's, and then a receiver at the top of the 2nd. There should be a couple good ones left by then.

DeCastro seems to be the guy that would be the best to take at that spot, even though he's a guard. The trade chart is out the window, so it wouldn't matter that he's a guard, except to the fans. From what I've read, he's one of the better O-Linemen coming out along with Reiff and both behind Kalil of course. Reiff has short arms though, doesn't he? For a tackle? I haven't watch many videos on him, so I don't know how that affects his play.
I've probably been Reiff's biggest detractor from day one, and he has fallen since. I think he's a RT only. Decastro will be very good, I like him, but there are some other good guards out there too. I would take Glenn if I traded down, I think he could play anywhere except center.

Richardson is the only other sure blue chipper and play maker if we stay put. Poe is high risk and maybe even a higher reward if we stay put. If we traded down, but stayed in the 1st round and picked up a 3rd, then I think it would be the best way to go, IF Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are gone. I wouldn't move if any of them are still there. I believe Poe will be the wildcard. I know the Rams could pick up a very good RB in the second if they wish, or a change of pace play making RB in the 3rd or 4th.

Keep in mind that all we need is for one team to take or trade up for Tannehill, or Richardson, or insert player they love here, and then one of the guys we value at #6 would fall to us.

If it falls like I charted it, we would be in another great position for a good trade.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
X said:

It affects his (Reiff) play terribly. That's why he's the second rated tackle in the draft and projected to be a top ten pick in pretty much every "experts" mock draft. :roll:

It does no good to get too caught up in combine numbers (see Mike Mamula, Vernon Gholston, etc...). Few of the skills measured translate directly to the playing field. Reiff is fundamentally excellent and plays mean. I think he ends up in Miami as a bookend with Jake Long.

I think that 6 is too high to draft a guard, but that's just personal preference. If it were up to me I'd take whoever's available of Claiborne, Blackmon, or Richardson.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MerlinJones said:
It affects his (Reiff) play terribly. That's why he's the second rated tackle in the draft and projected to be a top ten pick in pretty much every "experts" mock draft. :roll:

It does no good to get too caught up in combine numbers (see Mike Mamula, Vernon Gholston, etc...). Few of the skills measured translate directly to the playing field. Reiff is fundamentally excellent and plays mean. I think he ends up in Miami as a bookend with Jake Long.

I think that 6 is too high to draft a guard, but that's just personal preference. If it were up to me I'd take whoever's available of Claiborne, Blackmon, or Richardson.
I'm not necessarily getting caught up in combine warrior hype. Just some things I heard about Reiff. I don't know much about him, so I was asking. Mostly because there are varying opinions about him (I have heard that he has a mean disposition, so that's a good thing). That said, I don't get caught up in "expert" mocks either.

So what's your familiarity with Reiff? Did you watch him in college a lot?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
X said:
MerlinJones said:

I'm not necessarily getting caught up in combine warrior hype. Just some things I heard about Reiff. I don't know much about him, so I was asking. Mostly because there are varying opinions about him (I have heard that he has a mean disposition, so that's a good thing). That said, I don't get caught up in "expert" mocks either.

So what's your familiarity with Reiff? Did you watch him in college a lot?

I'm an Iowa alum, so I've watched most of the games he played in college. I think that Reiff is better than Green Bay's Brian Bulaga was when he was at Iowa (for whatever that's worth).
Obviously I don't know if that will translate to the next level, but Iowa has a history of turning out pretty good OL (Robert Gallery not withstanding) so I like his odds of success.

I know that mock drafts (even the "experts") are mostly just conversation and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I still think that Reiff will end up in Miami with the eighth pick.