LOL Even the NFL doesn't take too kindly to Richard Sherman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/nfl-calls-sherman-comments-ill-informed-inaccurate-irresponsible/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sponsible/</a>

NFL calls Sherman comments ill-informed, inaccurate, irresponsible

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT

Getty Images
Cornerback Richard Sherman has become the latest athlete to accuse a professional journalist of making up quotes out of thin air. The NFL is now accusing Sherman of being a little too flippant with his comments regarding the misuse of a prescription stimulants.

As MDS pointed out earlier in the day, Sherman now says he didn’t say that half the league is using Adderall, an ADD drug that appears on the list of banned substances negotiated by the NFL and the NFLPA. But Sherman still said plenty about the substance while appearing on NFL Network.

“There’s a bunch of guys in the league on prescription for Adderall, so what — you know, I’ve never seen people get prescribed a performance-enhancing drug, you know what I mean?” Sherman said. “So I don’t understand, you know, what everybody is so — you know, they go so crazy about it when some of these guys test positive for it, but a bunch of guys have prescriptions for it, so it’s, like, you know, kind of misleading.”

The league believes that Sherman is the one who’s being kind of misleading, both in the things he has said and the things he now says he didn’t say.

“The comments are ill-informed and inaccurate,” the league said in a statement that was forward to PFT. “Adderall is easily detected under current testing and will result in a suspension absent an approved therapeutic use exemption. If his statement were true, we would be seeing many more positive tests and suspensions. More importantly, his comments are irresponsible, as they ignore the serious medical risks and documented public health crisis associated with the improper use of Adderall and similar drugs.”

Regardless of the specific words Sherman has chosen, his nonchalant attitude regarding Adderall use could be interpreted as an effort to reduce the stigma that has attached to Sherman via his own positive test by reducing the overall stigma that applies to the drug. Though Sherman beat the suspension on appeal, plenty of people believe he took it, tested positive for it, and escaped the suspension on a technicality.

So by taking the position that it’s no big deal to use Adderall, maybe people will think it’s no big deal that Sherman tested positive for it. Even though he still says he didn’t take it.

Also, just b/c it never gets old:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA[/youtube]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Re: LOL Even the NFL doesn't take too kindly to Richard Sher

Something tells me that Sherman is proud as a peacock about what the NFL had to say ... I'm willing to bet that he believes those "big words" like - ill-informed, inaccurate , irresponsible , and flippant carry nothing but the highest praise for his character .

FUCK this POS, cheating , pete carroll disciple.

Looking forward to watching our boys punk his ass repeatedly on the field this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The vid is fantastic.

Whatcha gonna do boy?

I'm gonna punch in your fuckin face.

Well do it then!

pow!

Loved it.....

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

WOW-I had not seen that before.

He is such a punk. Man I hope we destroy them twice this year.
Do you know what Sherman said in the first place to piss him off?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Guy is such a punk and he is bad for the game. As is Pete Carrol with his antics. Thinking your great is one thing, telling everyone else is another. He sure as hell isn't Deion

bluecoconuts

Legend

Sherman will be out of the league in a few years. He thinks he's better than he is.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Im guessing Trent told him im sick of you running your mouth. Sherman replies watcha gonna do about it bro or whatever that seacock said. If I was Trent i woulda done the same damn thing!