LMAO - Jameis Winston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
1233086450519127875.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah....uptight folks need to do the Aaron Rodgers thing...R-E-L-A-X...lol

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That brother is tone deaf. It's not going to Las Vegas, but it's surely not doing the boring thing.

After all he's done and been through, he and his agent should have studied how Peyton Manning did it and run that like it was a dang game plan.

This makes it seem like he thinks his past was a joke.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah....uptight folks need to do the Aaron Rodgers thing...R-E-L-A-X...lol

This is glorious. The only thing better would be if he took the picture outside a Publix, holding them like the National Championship trophy.

iced

oh i can't see wait to see the advertisements Winston does in Tampa...

"Come on down to Captain Curt's crabshack! prices so low its almost like you're stealing!"

V3

Hall of Fame
That brother is tone deaf. It's not going to Las Vegas, but it's surely not doing the boring thing.

After all he's done and been through, he and his agent should have studied how Peyton Manning did it and run that like it was a dang game plan.

This makes it seem like he thinks his past was a joke.
The big deal made out of the crab leg incident was a joke. He didn't steal them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is glorious. The only thing better would be if he took the picture outside a Publix, holding them like the National Championship trophy.

Publix is missing out if they don't hire him to make some funny ass commercials!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Not the point. I know it was some booster/fan/whatever nonsense that allowed him and other FSU players to get them for free. It was against the rules... rules I don't really agree with, but still.

Not really the point. The point is he just got picked first overall to a franchise that's had a raft of losing and is looking for a franchise QB. And they just took a chance on a local kid with a dicey background and a ton of talent.

The RIGHT thing to do is lock it down. Check all the boxes. Read from the script. Do the dance. Use whatever metaphor works for you, but get this part right. Shake the right hands, stay off social media, get in right with the folks in the building, make friends with the local media guys while still saying nothing other than reading from the script, keep the head down and GET TO WORK.

He's acting like he won something. I get being excited, but I'm always worried about players who are more excited than anxious to get to work...who see this as more of a culmination than a beginning.

Maybe it's nothing, but folks defended Manziel and his personality was a lot stronger than his desire to play football.

I'm just saying of ALL the things he could do and of the nearly infinite messages he could send... THIS was what he chose to say.

Make of it what you will. Personally, imho, it's not an auspicious beginning.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not the point. I know it was some booster/fan/whatever nonsense that allowed him and other FSU players to get them for free. It was against the rules... rules I don't really agree with, but still.

Not really the point. The point is he just got picked first overall to a franchise that's had a raft of losing and is looking for a franchise QB. And they just took a chance on a local kid with a dicey background and a ton of talent.

The RIGHT thing to do is lock it down. Check all the boxes. Read from the script. Do the dance. Use whatever metaphor works for you, but get this part right. Shake the right hands, stay off social media, get in right with the folks in the building, make friends with the local media guys while still saying nothing other than reading from the script, keep the head down and GET TO WORK.

He's acting like he won something. I get being excited, but I'm always worried about players who are more excited than anxious to get to work...who see this as more of a culmination than a beginning.

Maybe it's nothing, but folks defended Manziel and his personality was a lot stronger than his desire to play football.

I'm just saying of ALL the things he could do and of the nearly infinite messages he could send... THIS was what he chose to say.

Make of it what you will. Personally, imho, it's not an auspicious beginning.

Come on, it's just poking a bit of fun at all the people that were hating on him. I personally think it's hilarious and wish him the best.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Pretty funny... but, and this is a big but... decision making. He's a kid, I know, but it again reveals a pattern of poor decision making. I'm not saying he's gonna bust but if I was the Buc's GM I probably said "sh*t" to myself the minute I saw this.

WvuIN02

Starter
Where is that Lighten Up Francis pic.....I'd have done the same thing....lol

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
To get upset at something like that is pretty uptight, imo. He could be doing or saying worse things.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
We can disagree. And to be clear, I'm not super torn up about it... was just an observation more than anything else. I'm not raging at my comp because..."ZOMG, THE OUTRAGE. WINSTON HAD CRAB LEGS!!!" Like I said. Just seems tone deaf. And since I live in Tampa and will have to hear about just about every coming and going of this kid while he's here, I'd prefer if he got serious about his craft ASAP. Because I'm selfish that way. I'd prefer to focus on my Rams. Is that so wrong?

I prefer how Gurley is taking this. He's doing a lot of smiling, but he's focused on his rehab, he's already clearly articulated what he's going to need to do to translate his game to the pro game (pass pro is the #1 thing that holds rookie RBs back) and is clear even as the first RB taken in the 1st round in years and the first in the top 10 in longer, that nothing is going to be given to him and he's going to go out and earn everything. He's already said he'll play STs if asked.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Pretty funny I thought. Good start Jameis. I like him a little bit better for this and want him to succeed. He's got this quite endearing smile hasn't he? Like he's a mischievous little kid who just gets into trouble despite himself. I think that's probably who he is - just a kid. Immature. He'll grow up and then he might be a good player.