Lloyd & Patriots close to a deal.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A league source Friday night said that the 30-year-old Lloyd and the Patriots were “close’’ to coming to a contract agreement. Once it’s finalized, the team could potentially have the outside-the-numbers receiving threat it has been lacking since Randy Moss was traded a quarter of the way into the 2010 season.

Lloyd did numerous interviews before the start of free agency, and in nearly every one he praised the Patriots, saying he was interested in playing for New England and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, his head coach in Denver. Being so open in his desire to play for them likely didn’t help Lloyd’s leverage with the team, though agent Tom Condon tried to create some interest when Lloyd visited with San Francisco Wednesday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... eir_radar/

paceram

Pro Bowler
If the Patriots do indeed sign Lloyd do you think they will still have an interest in signing Amendola?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
paceram said:
If the Patriots do indeed sign Lloyd do you think they will still have an interest in signing Amendola?
I don't think they're interested in Amendola at all, to be honest. He was just up there with his family, and someone ran with the story.

boondock

UDFA
Kind of disappointed, would have been nice to resign him. He probably wanted too much money, oh well, more money to fill other holes.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
paceram said:
I don't think they're interested in Amendola at all, to be honest. He was just up there with his family, and someone ran with the story.
If they trade for him they will have three slot guys, including one who is one of the best slots guys ever in his prime. They need an edge receiver.

I hope this means we get two new starters.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
boondock said:
Kind of disappointed, would have been nice to resign him. He probably wanted too much money, oh well, more money to fill other holes.

He wanted to be with McDaniels. I think that was the biggest factor for him.