Live Presser at 3:30 (St Louis Time)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
Sounds like Josh might end up leaving on his own. Even more interesting.
What makes you say that?

They are respecting McDaniels' contract. They are allowing him to seek other options even though he is signed through next season.

Loving what Demoff is saying right now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
What makes you say that?
What I wonder is if Lloyd tied to McD made any difference at all. Probably never know, but they probably didn't want to jerk Sam into another new system, although if McD gets a HC job, none of it matters.

bluecoconuts

Legend
steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
What makes you say that?

They said he's able to go look around if he wants, and when they hire a new GM/HC they will have the option of firing him if they want, so he has options, and he can do what he feels is best for himself.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Even though Kroenke wasn't present, I feel like what Demoff said is true.

They have a plan in place. They are going to act on that plan.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Damnit, X, why arent you a consultant? You need to ask Demoff to help with this search.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Just decided this morning but have a comprehensive list.

McDaniels in limbo till new coach decides or he can leave on his own, that's fair.

would like to see a transcript of this. Found it interesting about winning.

And if you get Fisher you get Reece as GM. There I said it.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Lesson said:

I agree. I think Demoff and Stan feel that these guys "tried", but the record did not show results which is why they pulled the plug.

Lesson

Oh, really?
ljramsfan said:
Lesson said:

I agree. I think Demoff and Stan feel that these guys "tried", but the record did not show results which is why they pulled the plug.

Agreed. I feel that both Kroenke and Demoff respect Spags and Billy.

However, they held them accountable for their record and the message, that Demoff said in his own words, is that he thinks it shows fans that 10-38 isn't acceptable.

Also sounds like it was time to turn the page and that it would be best for all parties involved.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
What makes you say that?

They said he's able to go look around if he wants, and when they hire a new GM/HC they will have the option of firing him if they want, so he has options, and he can do what he feels is best for himself.
I think I missed that part.
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
bluecoconuts said:
What makes you say that?
What I wonder is if Lloyd tied to McD made any difference at all. Probably never know, but they probably didn't want to jerk Sam into another new system, although if McD gets a HC job, none of it matters.
I hope it doesn't. I mean I'd love Lloyd back regardless of McD, but you shouldn't be making a scheme decision about a single player (aside from perhaps a QB).

I'd be okay if they were 50-50, and Lloyd was the deciding factor though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
I missed the first few minutes. What was the initial statement?
Very sorry, etc. Said they were listening to Faulk and DV. Getting input from them. Demoff said just because Demoffs dad is Fisher's agent, its not going to affect their decision.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Sounds like Demoff informed Devaney and Spags of the decision, however, they were going to speak to Kroenke at some point today.

Also, Mike Williams is the "interim" GM so to speak. He'll lead the scouts and be in charge of personnel until a new GM is named.

So in other words, Williams is acting like Devaney did in 2008-2009 offseason before he was named GM.