Little PFT article about Saffold at RG

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rodger Saffold trying new position on for size
Posted by Josh Alper on November 10, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
300x-23.jpg
AP
During the offseason, Rodger Saffold wasn’t thrilled to learn that the Rams would be moving him to right tackle to make room for free agent arrival Jake Long on the left side of the offensive line.

Saffold is on the move again. Saffold will play right guard for the Rams on Sunday withHarvey Dahl out of the lineup with a knee injury. It will be an uptick in playing time for Saffold, who has been splitting time with Joe Barksdale at right tackle in recent weeks after recovering from shoulder and knee injuries of his own. This position switch hasn’t been met with the same lack of excitement for Saffold.

“It’s definitely been different, but it’s also been a new challenge, which kind ofmakes things interesting,” Saffold said, via ESPN.com. “I think if I continue to take things the way I have been taking them and coming out and being aggressive, while still being inside, I feel like it doesn’t matter where I play.”

Saffold is heading for free agency after the season and he’s almost certainly going to wind up signing a smaller deal than he would have if he remained at left tackle. His versatility could lead to a wider net of suitors, which would wind up working out well for him wherever he lands for 2014 and beyond.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, not an article so much as a few sentences now that I look at it.....but, Roger seems open to it. Some interesting choices to make this offseason, espcially if Saffold stays healthy and plays well.

jap

Legend
The more positions a guy can master, the longer his NFL longevity.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Wow I think Saffold did a damn decent job today playing RG. This line up might work for us in the future!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't be too quick to or get the injuries. I would rather that the Rams draft or sign a guard. Saffold play a good game but he didn't open holes for the run game as well as Dahl does.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Saffold played well, but yeah, he's just injured too often to give him big RT $. Someone will pay him though. I'd love to keep him around since our OL depth is terrible, but I'm guessing he'll be too expensive.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't be too quick to or get the injuries. I would rather that the Rams draft or sign a guard. Saffold play a good game but he didn't open holes for the run game as well as Dahl does.

It is sort of telling that the picture from the write up is him walking off the field with the medical guys.